Cheltenham Town v Oxford United

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Chat, debate, team news, live updates and video reaction all here this evening: http://bit.ly/OxfordUnitedHomeJPT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
little mo
Another good win. Well done lads.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Great stuff.

Arthur starts and scores to dispel the 'super sub' moniker.
Last edited by RegencyCheltenhamSpa on 02 Sep 2014, 21:03, edited 1 time in total.
C.V
The unbeaten run continues
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
1,424 the home crowd.

Not too shabby for the JPT Round 1. Hopefully that crowd with prize money is profitable and not just break-even?

Be good to put a good run together in this cup - Wembley anyone?
London Exile
Really good performance from the team tonight.
First game of the season for me tonight, who is our new number 25? So glad we got rid of Jason Taylor!

Does anyone know why Matt Taylor went off? Hopefully nothing too serious
Malabus
That will pay for Marquis loan spell.

Speculate to accumulate...been telling you for a number of years.
Robin
A fairly open game and at times quite fiesty on the pitch even for a local derby but still subdued in the stands! Oxford were extremely ordinary apart from Junior Brown - who lost interest late on - we were solid without dominating until the 2nd half when it was pretty much all one way traffic.

I'd give most of the team a six with Jason Taylor, CBB, Marquis, Sterling and Arthur all getting a seven. From what I have seen league two is a poor standard again this year the core difference is we are organised and hard working which should be enough I would hope to secure a top half finish.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
By "poor standard" I assume you mean "league 2 standard".
Shade
I would say so, RCS. Seems usual standard from the teams I've seen so far, and organised, solid teams are always going to do well in this division. So yes, no different.
Cinderford robin
I thought we was brilliant again, well done yates,it looks like you have built a solid squad.
Shade
Just saw Marquis' goal on Sky Sports News HQ HD ( :roll: ).Good to know they're keeping up to date on things at the league 2 leaders, as they showed the goal from the "Abbey Business Stadium".
trickster
Cinderford robin wrote:I thought we was brilliant again, well done yates,it looks like you have built a solid squad.
I agree CR I thought it was a very good performance against a side that wasn’t afraid to mix it, like a lot of League 2 sides they could knock it about and defend but like us last season and probably the season before they didn’t appear to have a goal scorer, like this season has started hopefully that won’t be a problem this season.

I really like Marquis he always seems to put a shift in and knows where the goal is, he seems to have settled in here hope we can hang on to him as long as possible.
art vandalay
I thought Marquis showed a real determination and it was entirely of his making that Oxford conceded the corner that brought the first goal. Brown had a a very good game and gave them nothing, Deaman improved after a shakey start, CBB and Taylor again performed well although Taylor was lucky not to be sent-off for retaliation, Arthur looked dangerous as usual and Black put in a solid game and looked comfortable on the ball. I thought Haworth was nothing more than steady and offered less threat than CBB, and I was a bit disappointed with Sterling-James as he's promised more the other times I've seen him, although isn't he normally a winger?

Overall, another solid and determined display, with some pace and neat movement causing problems when we attack.
Shade
I thought Taylor was unlucky to be booked for shoving Meades in the back - hard not to react to a terrible tackle that could have broken your leg.
thebow
Have just watched the red card challenge again on YouTube. I thought it was bad live but it looks even worse watching it again! Reaction was justified by Taylor.
Reliant Robin
Talking of Jason Taylor - is he still on the transfer list or have we seen sense to fully welcome him back into the fold now? I thought he bossed the midfield last night.

I spoke to a devout Exeter fan I know who was at our game last night and his opinion (unprompted) was that this Cheltenham side is a very good side indeed and he expects us to do very well this season.
CTFC03
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RNKbBX ... xEHjY89eHQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Great header by Marquis.

How on earth is that not a red card, terrible challenge on Taylor, deserved red.
Shade
Reliant Robin wrote:Talking of Jason Taylor - is he still on the transfer list or have we seen sense to fully welcome him back into the fold now? I thought he bossed the midfield last night.
MY said last week he "doesn't know" if if Taylor is still on the list and it doesn't matter, as long as he keeps putting performances in. Just 'cause he's on the list doesn't mean we have to sell if somebody enquires about him.

Just watched the tackle again. I can see where Appleton is coming from if you look at it 100% from Oxford's POV, but it's very reckless and dangerous from any other view. Deserved red.

As for the second, you've got to be stronger than THAT if you're a defender! It was pathetic from the defender, Gornell barely seemed to put any force on him at all. And nobody appealed.
51/84
Hanks kept taylor on the pitch by getting to him first
Well done a good shift all round from Hanks not flash just solid
CheltRobin
Quite an even 1st half bar Marquis' goal, ut once again, after the break, Robins stepped on the gas with the pace from CBB, OSJ and Arthur that teams must can't handle.

Awful Taylor - a potential leg-breaker. Can't believe he was booked too. Good job by Yates to sub him once we were 2 up - Other players and the Ref weee looking to get him sent off as well.

A cruise in the end - I want to win the JPT this season!