Register    Login    Search    FAQ

CTFC.com Official Site Cheltenham Town FC 500 Club

Other Useful Links:     Leo's Blog    Robins Trust    CTFC Chatter    Football Ground Guide    This is Gloucestershire    News Now    CTFC History Site

Board index » THE NEST » CTFC CHAT ONLY

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Post subject: Potential signing possibly spotted?
 Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017, 22:45 

Anyone know if any potential signings in the boxes tonight? Saw one guy in a sharp looking cream jacket talking to someone of importance....come out come out wherever you are Mr Mole....

Top  Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Potential signing possibly spotted?
 Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017, 22:47 

Unfortunately, Messers Le Tissier and Benali retired some time ago...

Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017, 12:32 

Why were they at the game last night? Do they have a mysterious link to Leicester or were they just out looking at some future Prem players?

Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017, 12:57 

Shade wrote:
Why were they at the game last night? Do they have a mysterious link to Leicester or were they just out looking at some future Prem players?

I watched the video of him being interviewed and I was expecting the question to be asked but it wasn't.

Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017, 13:07 

Red Duke wrote:
Shade wrote:

I watched the video of him being interviewed and I was expecting the question to be asked but it wasn't.

Same here. Maybe he'll say on Soccer Saturday on...whatever day it's on, I forget.

Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017, 13:38 

Shade wrote:

I asked him that question last night. He replied that he and FB looked after one of the Leicester U21 players.

Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017, 13:39 

Shade wrote:
Red Duke wrote:
Shade wrote:

Same here. Maybe he'll say on Soccer Saturday on...whatever day it's on, I forget.

Do they still performance of the week on Soccer Saturday? He may put us forward for it.

Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017, 14:14 

Coops wrote:
Shade wrote:

I asked him that question last night. He replied that he and FB looked after one of the Leicester U21 players.

Cheers, that makes sense. I guess after that performance he probably wouldn't say who!

Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017, 14:17 

..the consensus of opinion was that he was there because he might have equine business in the area.

I applaud him for being so kind as to have many selfies taken with the fans.

Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017, 18:59 

They're both good eggs Le Tissier and Benali, really good guys.

Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017, 22:02 

Shade wrote:

Both of them are agents, and the Leicester centre back (number 38) Matt Miles is a client of theirs. Watching him probably.

Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017, 02:00 

I think I may agree with longmover.

I spent a chunk of time in Soton in the 1980s. Partner's eldest son was at school with Francis B. Moving on - I'm clearly too old and flawed in what I believe to be the case and certainly in terms of the bigger picture. This s qualified by the fact that I'm a relatively long distance from anywhere and writing this now.

But what a great result against the Leicester U-23s.Papers today had it as Leicester U21's - and, harking back, I seem to recall we were all warned to call it U-23s??? That said, still no mention of the result last night, or this morning, on any of the obvious radio stations. Indeed, no mention of the competition...

Being positive, and based on what I generally read on here, I believe we are £20.000 richer and I am happy enough with that. BUT the result is better. Come on... we have maybe just have turned a corner. Let's hope so anyway...

Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017, 02:31 

I feel better still now (easily pleased rose tinter). At dinner time, even with my reading glasses on, and in natural light, I was not sure if it was 0-1 or 6-1 or 5-1. Really thrilled with the result. A wins a win.

I just listened to the interview with Diego. I think I read on here his goals for record is poor...? Come on you guys... Please, let's go for a new year fresh start and, maybe, lay off the personal criticism of players until they no longer play for us. Hopefully, you know who are are....

Obviously, it's an opinion based forum but I hope you respect mine - even after beer has been taken.

COYR

Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017, 11:57 

Regarding the U21/U23 thing, I remember that the press were warned to call Everton U23's just "Everton". Apparently, for the Leicester game, they were told it's fine to call them "Leicester U21's". However, I have seen other sides as U23's. It's just another reason why this competition is a farce.

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Board index » THE NEST » CTFC CHAT ONLY