Glawster shits are destroying an award winning pitch.

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

leohoenig
Just for clarification.
Gary did not get brought in with Bryan's money

I think the rest of the comments are ill informed and blinkered as well.

The roles fulfilled by the Fan Elected Director were discussed at the Trust AGM, and approved by the membership
andgarod
I was at the trust meeting when a question was asked why the money had to be given in 1 tranche and the response was we need it to secure Gary as our future manager.

You are entitled to your opinion, and you are obviously better informed than me a mere pleb
I could say that your views are equally blinkered as turkeys dont vote for Christmas

As to the roles being discussed , you would know that it was a deep meaningful discussion
I havent seen the minutes of that meeting although I was there have you?

I think that the question was asked of the fans elected director to get and give the information about cost benefits
Surely that is what a fans elected director does

I dont believe people are asking for the figures but an indication of we break even on the deal financially but we have a brilliant /average/cowfield playing surface
If I have misinterpreted the information they want from the FED I am sure they will post accordingly
While you are saying I am ill informed feel free to tell me why and where I am ill informed
I am always open to being informed
Based on the facts that I know I still stand by them. Even the chairman has said there have been a number of mistakes in recent years
I totally agree we had a wonderful season last season , didnt make a profit. The previous 6 or so years had a few highlights mainly due to lucky cup draws
If that isnt true feel free to correct me
The chairman said during the second playoff season that not getting promoted was a disaster, we didnt but we went on to gradually sink.

I am grateful that Bryan Jacob left his money to the club/trust and that saved us last season ( directly or indirectly ) but the chairman didnt know anything about it so couldnt claim the credit

So you see and know things I dont, so feel free to tell us the whole story and why you come to the conclusion that my views are ill informed and blinkered
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
andgarod wrote:
I dont believe people are asking for the figures but an indication of we break even on the deal financially but we have a brilliant /average/cowfield playing surface.

If I have misinterpreted the information they want from the FED I am sure they will post accordingly
You interpreted my question correctly - spot on.

As for the Trust AGM. I could not travel a 540+ mile round trip midweek for that, and given there has been no minutes or summary of Q&A shared, members who were not able to attend have no idea what was asked or discussed. Was the Finance Director role also talked about?
confused.com
It would appear (from the outside), that the discussion that took place re groundshare must have been pretty simplistic
a) How much are we getting ?
b) How much will it cost in repairs, sand etc ?
does answer a return more than answer b ?? Bingo

It would seem, from the evidence and comments from successive managers, that the state of the pitch or how it may or may not impact results. Was not part of the equation (?). If this is true, then nor would any drop in attendance (due to the football being played on the aforementioned cow field), have been considered (?).

The lack of information on this topic, only goes to fuel speculation and rumor. With a distinct hint of white washing
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:It would appear (from the outside), that the discussion that took place re groundshare must have been pretty simplistic
a) How much are we getting ?
b) How much will it cost in repairs, sand etc ?
does answer a return more than answer b ?? Bingo

It would seem, from the evidence and comments from successive managers, that the state of the pitch or how it may or may not impact results. Was not part of the equation (?). If this is true, then nor would any drop in attendance (due to the football being played on the aforementioned cow field), have been considered (?).

The lack of information on this topic, only goes to fuel speculation and rumor. With a distinct hint of white washing
It stinks, and and as you say, conspiracy and rumour will always grow out of such opaque deals. I know some people who are convinced Baker (and/or other Directors) must have some business or political interest - above or below the table - in maintaining the groundshare.

I would not go that far as I think it is absolutely not true and often find myself defending the Board against such false allegations. However, such discontent will only grow if a) things aren't more open and b) the groundshare continues in 2017/18 despite past assurances from Mr Baker.
leohoenig
Good to see how many of you can do a better job as fan elected director than Clive. I look forward to seeing your names up for election.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
leohoenig wrote:Good to see how many of you can do a better job as fan elected director than Clive. I look forward to seeing your names up for election.
No one has criticised Clive - we simply asked, having proudly voted for him, what was discussed at the AGM, and whether Clive, as FED has any view on the groundshare, and if so what.

Quite a simple and non-critical question, so no need to get so defensive about it!

I can't comment on his role as Finance Director, as a) I know even less about it and b) it is not elected by the fans.
andgarod
Leo you protested too much

The trust is surviving
I hate to think how it would cope if things went tits up
Can not even reply to posts on its contacts form from its own website
Get your house in order first
confused.com
leohoenig wrote:Good to see how many of you can do a better job as fan elected director than Clive. I look forward to seeing your names up for election.
Good grief, must remember not to ask a question to my MP the next time he comes knocking, in case he tells me to do Mrs May's job !!!!!
leohoenig
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
No one has criticised Clive.
Apart from yourself (in the post immediately prior to the one I made), and two other posters on this thread.

I think confused is fairly accurate in the arguments the board thought through when initially agreeing to the groundshare, and I suspect they underestimated the damage overuse of the pitch causes, or the accumulation of the damage from season to season despite relaying the pitch every summer.

Baker has said that the agreement will not be renewed - and unless that changes I see no reason not to take him at his word.
If Gloucester are almost ready to move home, then it may be possible (again going by Baker's quotes) for them to play a few matches here at the start of the season - but if they need a share for all of next season, we should expect it to be elsewhere.

The challenge to his critics to stand against Clive still stands. I will not put my name forward as I simply would not have the time required to do a decent job, and I cannot think of any candidate that would do a better job than Clive. However, an election brings any issues to the general support for debate, and this cannot be a bad thing. I believe any election is scheduled for April, so this is a good time for candidates to put their name forward.

In the meantime, the trust board could do with some fresh blood. You do not have to sell raffle tickets to be on the trust board (although it would help). You do have to be willing to make some contribution.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
leohoenig wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
No one has criticised Clive.
Apart from yourself (in the post immediately prior to the one I made), and two other posters on this thread.
What are you on about? I did not mention Clive and was talking about Mr Baker and the Board as a whole about openness.
leohoenig
...and Clive is an integral member of the board who has taken part in all their decisions over the last two years
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
leohoenig wrote:...and Clive is an integral member of the board who has taken part in all their decisions over the last two years
Then it would be good to see the minutes of the last meeting to hear Clive's view!

I would happily join the board and help out if there is anything I can do remotely.

If you give me access to the website admin I can update that with whatever content I am instructed to do so.

My offer two or three years ago to run research surveys and make data presentations for Clive to take to the board if interested still stands.

And I am happy to volunteer again to sell raffle tickets at games I attend.

I am sure there are plenty of others who have the desire and skills to help - just let us know what needs doing so people can choose if they want to volunteer.
andgarod
As I assume you are suggesting that I criticised Clive can you please highlight where I did that
I have criticised the trust and yes he is the chairman so I will give you that if that is what you are referring to
What I and others want ( I believe) is open sound governance
I have volunteered over a number of seasons but as I am not part of the clique my offers have not been taken up.

I highlighted that there are no minutes published of the meeting about the use of BJs money ( or at least I cannot find them), nor can I find a summary post of the meeting elsewhere. Please help me by supplying a link to them

Others have asked for a cost benefit analysis of the rental. We are lead to believe it was put up (substantially? for last season and this season is that correct?).

I know others who have just shut up and just turn up to watch the football inspite of making offers of help etc. I am sorry to disappoint you Leo but I have moved on and find it rewarding doing other things now

Fans panels what happened to them. I know Clive is busy with his abacus and shekels but no one else seems to be able to organise these.
The last one had less than 10 at it and almost none of the suggestions from previous ones were acted on so I suspect that people voted with their feet.

I have always supported a trust and will continue to do so but perhaps it could be .........

See you all tomorrow and perhaps I will win the 50/50 draw again
leohoenig
I apologise for allowing myself to be drawn into a slanging match with critics on this board.
I am only aware of one offer of held from these critics, which resulted in me holding a spare raffle sellers bag for someone who did not turn up.

I think if there is a formal response to Clive (see his post for address), then the post of web site editor is certainly there
We are always pleased to have extra ticket sellers. Again contact Clive and then agree where and when you are meeting.
I might miss the February 18th game, and will certainly miss the Easter Monday one, so I know we are short of sellers on those dates

The fans' panels were organised by the club, not the trust. Clive was involved but did not organise them.
confused.com
It looks like by the fact that Clive is standing for re election. That at least he understands the legitimacy of asking questions. He obviously appreciates that questioing is not criticism, either personal or 'business'. And long may that be true.
Will be a sad day when people who are passionate about CTFC, do not recognise and appreciate that passion in others. Hence not one criticism has been levelled at Clive. As I refuse to believe a simplistic request, as this is where this all started, for some information on the financial success of groundshare can be interrupted as a personal attack? If the response from every body (but not from Clive it has to be said, was, if you think you can do better, do it yourself! If that were the case, I would now be looking to head Sky, Virgin media and Vodaphone. And that is just at the minute. Ramble over, only commented becuase, if I was being included in your critic list. If the board as a whole want to take it as criticism, that's fine, they must be pretty thin skin.
Blakey 9
does anyone actually know how much we get a season of Gloucester city for using our pitch ? didn't it cost like 45 k to get relayed in the summer ? if it isn't actually a decent amount or not much more than what our pitch cost to get relayed i don't see the logic in letting them use it... i guess there's other factors that come into it like gate revenue etc but let's be honest what do Gloucester get 300/400 max ? we have always had a decent pitch.. cant wait till next season it should be one of the best pitches in the football league again !
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
No one knows Blakey. All we see is the visible cost and damage, with no information on the revenue and benefits.

One would not like to criticise the Board, collectively or individually, who no doubt do a great job, however it is simply an observation that transparent information about the overall impact has not been made available to Trust members nor the rest of the fan base.
Daveangel
Some people know.

It'll be quite a financial hit next season after match day rent, bar revenue and catering are removed.

I hope for your sake it's a L2 campaign, or PB might regret pandering to GJ's excuses for poor results.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
No hope about it. I am already researching hotels near the Ricoh.