Full fixture list

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Can be seen here: http://bit.ly/CTFCFixtures1718" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robin
Sea side trip for the first one and very winnable too, fairly happy with that.

Really looking forward to Coventry away but December 16th is almost certain to lessen the away support numbers.
little mo
Four of the last six are at home.
Robin
Interesting that Mo, at this moment I don't expect us to be threatening either end of the table but certainly that could be a big plus if we do find oursevlves in unexpected position.
little mo
Actually, my previous post was incorrect. 4 of last 7 are at home. :roll:
DingDing
little mo wrote:Actually, my previous post was incorrect. 4 of last 7 are at home. :roll:
That comment makes me assume that if 4 of our last 7 are at home, that's also the same as 4 of our last 8 being at home (or you'd have said 5 of our last 8). So basically half, probably the same as everyone else :)
Last edited by DingDing on 21 Jun 2017, 10:57, edited 1 time in total.
Shade
Morecambe away first game...Morecambe ALWAYS have a great start and are around the top after 6 or 7 games before tailing away. Their annual great August/September ends up effectively saving them from relegation.
little mo
DingDing wrote:
little mo wrote:Actually, my previous post was incorrect. 4 of last 7 are at home. :roll:
That comment makes me assume that if 4 of our last 7 are at home, that's also the same as 4 of our last 8 being at home (or you'd have said 5 of our last 8). So basically half, probably the same as everyone else :)
Now i am even more confused mate, lets just ignore i said anything in the first place. :D :D
Shade
I like the new countdown timer to the next game at the top of the fixtures page on the new official site.
https://www.ctfc.com/matches/fixtures/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Only 45 days, 1 hour and 6 minutes to go as I type this...
horlickfanclub
Harry and Will need to improve their spelling on the official site or was it the dummy speaking and not Will?

"Harry Pell - It has to be the Grimsby and Forrest green fixtures.

Will Boyle - The Gorest Green game is obviously one to look forward to in November at their place. "
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
FGR and Cov successive home games in April. Going to be good for Spring cash flow.

Stevenage away on NYD is rubbish.

Remember, always use the official ctfc.com website for fixtures and news, rather than Echo links.

See the full fixtures here: https://www.ctfc.com/matches/fixtures/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Old TomCat
Somebody on the FGR forum noted that the Cheltenham & FGR home and away fixtures are always on different dates.
That is good news for Gloucestershire footie fans who don't want to spend all day on a coach to an away game.
I think the last time this happened was about three years ago at a time when I watched as many games at Whaddon Road as I did at TNL.
I'm sure home gates will increase for both clubs, even if only by a couple of dozen or so.
Robin
I think it will be interesting to see how much FGR crowds improve this season, interest should be at fever pitch but with Swindle fifteen miles to the south and us twenty miles north there doesn't appear to be much room to grow.

That said, you can expect much larger away support in league two versus the noddy league where only a small number of clubs had decent away support (us, Wrexham, Grimsby, Tranmere and Aldershot from memory). If you have space I think you can expect an average or 500 or so away fans in your first season with ourselves, Swindle and Coventry all going to fill your away capacity. Even the likes of Exeter, Yeovil and Newport will likely bring around 800 to you.
Nesty
horlickfanclub wrote:Harry and Will need to improve their spelling on the official site or was it the dummy speaking and not Will?

"Harry Pell - It has to be the Grimsby and Forrest green fixtures.

Will Boyle - The Gorest Green game is obviously one to look forward to in November at their place. "
Forrest Gump Rangers
The Old TomCat
Robin wrote:I think it will be interesting to see how much FGR crowds improve this season, interest should be at fever pitch but with Swindle fifteen miles to the south and us twenty miles north there doesn't appear to be much room to grow.

That said, you can expect much larger away support in league two versus the noddy league where only a small number of clubs had decent away support (us, Wrexham, Grimsby, Tranmere and Aldershot from memory). If you have space I think you can expect an average or 500 or so away fans in your first season with ourselves, Swindle and Coventry all going to fill your away capacity. Even the likes of Exeter, Yeovil and Newport will likely bring around 800 to you.
Crowd numbers at TNL will greatly improve in upcoming season but probably not be as many in total as at WR.
Swindon's numbers will be better than both Gloucestershire clubs.

It is Bristol Rovers (more so than Swindon or Cheltenham) that football fans in the FGR catchment area might watch. Cheltenham have same issue with West Brom & Wolves.

And I know you will be 100% right in that the away crowds will increase at TNL. (Plenty of local games that were missing last season)
It will be interesting to discover whether the ElGlosico games will be the best attended home & away matches for both clubs, as they were two years ago.
I suspect so or not far off.
Si Robin
Swindon and Coventry will bring more to Whaddon Road than Forest Green.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Will FGR let 2,000 Robins in this season, or still lock us out of a half empty stadium?

If you try those antics with Swindon, don't expect their fans to accept the mistreatment as easily as CTFC fans did.

Wonder if Swindon will join in with the FFG chants.
Robin
With the greatest of respect I would be amazing if your gates are anywhere near ours and that's with the expected increase you will likely get for first season in the league. A lot of non-league clubs come up and struggle to gain extra support Barnet, Accrington, Morecambe, Newport all clubs with more comparable support bases to FGR than CTFC as good examples. We will likely average around 3500 which isn't great (middle of the road for this league) but if you average more than 2000 home fans you'll have done well.

Very unlikely that our fixtures will be the highest OTC, Swindle will bring the maximum here and will be more of a crowd puller. Same goes for Coventry which I suspect will be our biggest attendance of 5500+ as it's only an hour away and first time we've played them. It may change if we are both challenging but that's the only way the fixtures will be the largest simply as you don't have the away support of Coventry/Swindon our other local games.
The Old TomCat
Robin wrote:With the greatest of respect I would be amazing if your gates are anywhere near ours and that's with the expected increase you will likely get for first season in the league. A lot of non-league clubs come up and struggle to gain extra support Barnet, Accrington, Morecambe, Newport all clubs with more comparable support bases to FGR than CTFC as good examples. We will likely average around 3500 which isn't great (middle of the road for this league) but if you average more than 2000 home fans you'll have done well.

Very unlikely that our fixtures will be the highest OTC, Swindle will bring the maximum here and will be more of a crowd puller. Same goes for Coventry which I suspect will be our biggest attendance of 5500+ as it's only an hour away and first time we've played them. It may change if we are both challenging but that's the only way the fixtures will be the largest simply as you don't have the away support of Coventry/Swindon our other local games.
I fully agree that FGR's attendance will be a lot less than Cheltenham, which I think I have already stated.
Swindon is a local game for both Gloucestershire clubs: they will obviously bring along plenty of support.
Coventry, I don't know because they have awful off-field problems and their fans are voting with their feet by not turning up.

I agree attendances at TNL will probably be one of the worst in Football League, but hey-ho they have been increasing every year and will almost certainly have a big jump from August onwards.
Robin
Crowd numbers at TNL will greatly improve in upcoming season but probably not be as many in total as at WR.
Sorry perhaps my interpretation but your statement suggests there was some possibility FGR crowds would over take ours.

As for Coventry their away support is very good still, they are boycotting the home fixtures due to the situation with the ground ownership/rent however they are by far and away the best supported team in this league and for a game an hour away they would bring 2000+ here if we had a better away end.

By the way I'm not knocking FGR, no doubt the club is growing but with all the money in the world their is a limit given the current ground (which is possibly the smallest in the football league). I expect you to be competing with the likes of Accrington and Morecambe who get less than 1500 home fans on a regular basis after the initial season is over but so long as Dale is pumping money in your more likely to get promoted than relegated in my opinion.

Overall league two is really all that great and the difference between the top and the bottom is much narrower than it is in the conference. You have the likes of Accrington, Morecambe, Newport etc who operate on small crowds/budgets and generally are happy to survive. Then the likes of ourselves, Exeter, Wycombe, Mansfield (before this season where they are throwing money around) who get by on tight but reasonable budgets and can challenge with a good season then you have a few big clubs like Coventry, Luton and to a lesser extent Swindle who are down here due to mis-management only.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Point of clarification Robin, which I also made last time you suggested TNL maybe the smallest ground in L2.

Accrington is smaller with 5,057 vs 5,141 for FGR. There is then a jump to Crawley with 5,996 and then no other ground with less than 6,000 capacity.
Robin
Thanks RCS but my general point still stands, they are very limited with their growth with such a small ground.
paperboy
...think FGR have sold 500 season tickets which is good given that their average attendance was only that a few seasons ago.
Should they fail to get their new ground approved would they be able to build a new stand on the open side of The New Lawn.OTC ?
The Old TomCat
paperboy wrote:...think FGR have sold 500 season tickets which is good given that their average attendance was only that a few seasons ago.
Should they fail to get their new ground approved would they be able to build a new stand on the open side of The New Lawn.OTC ?
I understand that future away supporters will be moved from North Stand to the West Stand.
Robin
So what will be your capacity OTC? I'd imagine we will bring in the region of 1500 (could be more if we are doing well or could be as low as 1000 if not). Swindle will bring more than that though as will Coventry.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Who cares what their official away capacity is; we are taking 1,500-2,000 into the ground no matter what.
The Old TomCat
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Who cares what their official away capacity is; we are taking 1,500-2,000 into the ground no matter what.
That would be fantastic.
I sincerely hope that you are right.
Robin
To be fair last time there were several hundred CTFC fans in the home areas on a Tuesday night in the noddy league, if we are doing well you can expect a lot more this time around.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Who cares what their official away capacity is; we are taking 1,500-2,000 into the ground no matter what.
That would be fantastic.
I sincerely hope that you are right.
No more quizzes or police cordons to stop CTFC visitors entering the ground then.
The Old TomCat
Robin wrote:To be fair last time there were several hundred CTFC fans in the home areas on a Tuesday night in the noddy league, if we are doing well you can expect a lot more this time around.
I know. I had my CTFC season ticket holder pal sitting next to me in the home area for that game.
However because the West Stand will now be used, I suspect that all CTFC supporters will be able to watch match in their own allocated area.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
OTC, when it comes to visiting the TNL, CTFC fans sit and stand where they want.
FOD_Wyman_2010
I thought the problem was that Dale didn't want it to feel like an away game after they began to get outnumbered by likes of Rovers in the conference. Would have thought the away allocation will still be chopped at the 1000 mark regardless of which stand we are in.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
FOD_Wyman_2010 wrote:I thought the problem was that Dale didn't want it to feel like an away game after they began to get outnumbered by likes of Rovers in the conference. Would have thought the away allocation will still be chopped at the 1000 mark regardless of which stand we are in.
Totally, which is why we will take as many as we want and sit/stand wherever we want. Red and white in every stand.
The Old TomCat
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:OTC, when it comes to visiting the TNL, CTFC fans sit and stand where they want.
Perhaps, perhaps not and to be truthful I care not.
But I will say that with use of the West Stand, all Chelt fans who want to go to game will probably comfortably fit in that one area.
Besides the game is not till next March and both clubs have just as important games in the meantime.

BTW Chelt & FGR have lately played some same teams in friendly games.
We played Weston-Super-Mare on Tuesday.
I bought their programme and blow me down with a feather, what they had done is printed it for both the FGR & Chelt matches. All FGR until middle and then turn upside down for Chelt in other half.
At £2.50p it's a bit of a rip off. I'm sure most fans of either club don't want to read about other Gloucestershire team.
However I enjoyed reading about Cheltenham, so hope you enjoy reading about FGR.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:OTC, when it comes to visiting the TNL, CTFC fans sit and stand where they want.
Perhaps, perhaps not and to be truthful I care not.
But I will say that with use of the West Stand, all Chelt fans who want to go to game will probably comfortably fit in that one area.
Besides the game is not till next March and both clubs have just as important games in the meantime.

BTW Chelt & FGR have lately played some same teams in friendly games.
We played Weston-Super-Mare on Tuesday.
I bought their programme and blow me down with a feather, what they had done is printed it for both the FGR & Chelt matches. All FGR until middle and then turn upside down for Chelt in other half.
At £2.50p it's a bit of a rip off. I'm sure most fans of either club don't want to read about other Gloucestershire team.
However I enjoyed reading about Cheltenham, so hope you enjoy reading about FGR.
Assume for the benefit of WSM fans rather than Shirefolk.

I won't be going to the match, nor buying or reading a programme.

See you in the South Stand.