FGR forum compared to North Korea dictatorship

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ralph
What saddens me is that last night when I was commenting on the fact that my posts ( polite, no foul language) were being deleted

The posts quoted the rules of the forum and showed how they were anti free speech ( i.e. If you post anything negative it will be deleted ... yes that's what it says)

The fact that by removing these posts the moderators are only highlighting the fact that they are destroying free speech has been ignored

It makes me and I know others of reasonable intelligent people very sad that our club treats the people who travel the country supporting it in such a way

I compared it to n Korea, v much in the news... and the post was taken down... just like criticism of the regime would happen in n Korea
http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f= ... 75231ec4b2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's true, I have seen a lot of posts and threads disappear over time where any negativity towards dictator Vince and the club are brutally put down

KG3 if you see this, you might suggest if the FGR fans would like their own section over here? Don't know if our admin would want to, but don't hurt to ask
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Not nice to see. Sums up the club.
Ralph
See that they made Joycie redundant too. Or officially they let him re-apply for the new job but he declined. Yes, why would he want to re-apply for his old job

FGR are starting to implode...
longmover
Maybe just maybe they're starting to realise DV is a bad thing for their club.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:See that they made Joycie redundant too. Or officially they let him re-apply for the new job but he declined. Yes, why would he want to re-apply for his old job

To be fair, seeing as they had to listen to him for a season or two I don't blame them for sacking him. Maybe had he re-applied one of the interview questions would have been "will you wail like a moronic demented herd of cats screeching through a Mosque loud speaker?" - in which case he would have failed anyway. Would have been an embarrassment to have him on the tannoy in the FL.
Shade
Ralph wrote:See that they made Joycie redundant too. Or officially they let him re-apply for the new job but he declined. Yes, why would he want to re-apply for his old job

Judging by the TV game last night, the PA certainly hasn't been turned down at all since our last visit.
horlickfanclub
other football?
Si Robin
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:

To be fair, seeing as they had to listen to him for a season or two I don't blame them for sacking him. Maybe had he re-applied one of the interview questions would have been "will you wail like a moronic demented herd of cats screeching through a Mosque loud speaker?" - in which case he would have failed anyway. Would have been an embarrassment to have him on the tannoy in the FL.
Based on his screeching into the PA system, I would agree, however having seen him on the JP and Joycie thing on Glos Live, I was actually pleasantly surprised. He has a fantastic knowledge on local football and comes across very well.
Ralph
horlickfanclub wrote:other football?
No, its L2
King giraffe iii
Ralph wrote:
What saddens me is that last night when I was commenting on the fact that my posts ( polite, no foul language) were being deleted

The posts quoted the rules of the forum and showed how they were anti free speech ( i.e. If you post anything negative it will be deleted ... yes that's what it says)

The fact that by removing these posts the moderators are only highlighting the fact that they are destroying free speech has been ignored

It makes me and I know others of reasonable intelligent people very sad that our club treats the people who travel the country supporting it in such a way

I compared it to n Korea, v much in the news... and the post was taken down... just like criticism of the regime would happen in n Korea
http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f= ... 75231ec4b2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's true, I have seen a lot of posts and threads disappear over time where any negativity towards dictator Vince and the club are brutally put down

KG3 if you see this, you might suggest if the FGR fans would like their own section over here? Don't know if our admin would want to, but don't hurt to ask
I'd actually be quite happy to host it on my own webspace. ;)

It really is looking like relegation at the moment. I always worry when censorship goes overboard as it suggests the hierarchy know all is not well ... and it really isn't. I will be stunned if we stay up. We're s#!t.
Ralph
Well set it up KG. That would really annoy OTC and some of the DV boot licking fellowship lol
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:Well set it up KG. That would really annoy OTC and some of the DV boot licking fellowship lol
I assume the ass licking group are an elite subset of the boot licking fellowship.
King giraffe iii
To be fair to them, most are naive n00bs. They only knew of FGR through the pages of the local press before DV arrived.

Ralph... there was somewhere for FGR supporters to express their views, albeit somewhere that wasn't open to the public. I no longer visit there, only because I no longer visit the site hosting it. ;)
mozzo
King giraffe iii is that a picture of Old Turn Coat on your profile?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Looks like little rocket man in charge of the forum has been active again. Half the threads about half the threads being deleted. http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f= ... 443e50a4e8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A bit of a stand off - which nuclear option will act first? Will posters jump ship or will Vince close the forum?
Ralph
mozzo wrote:King giraffe iii is that a picture of Old Turn Coat on your profile?
I'd never noticed till you said, and yes i believe it is :lol:
Ralph
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Looks like little rocket man in charge of the forum has been active again. Half the threads about half the threads being deleted. http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f= ... 443e50a4e8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A bit of a stand off - which nuclear option will act first? Will posters jump ship or will Vince close the forum?
They are a laughing stock.
From vegan food,
Questionaires at the gate to find if you are an away supporter trying to get in the home end
No way of registering for that tin pot forum unless you give them your full address (so they can come and have a chat if they disagree with something or add you to the Ecotricity mail list)
Deleting a whole load of posts and the occasional thread just because you don't kiss DV's vegan a$$
I know that Lady Magpie is one of the admins there. Perhaps she needs to take a break. Looks like it's getting a bit much for the old girl :lol:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
OTC strangely silent on his one. I suppose not even he can come up with a nonsensical defence of the FGR state forum.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
https://mobile.twitter.com/67Arn/status ... 52/photo/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Well OTC has spoken on his forum, with usual incorrect statements. He says that:

"FGR average attendance 3158 & Cheltenham 2703."

http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f= ... 0#p1176042" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In fact, our average attendance is 2,853 and FGR's is 2,777

(https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/leag ... ttendances" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

He can't help but lie it seems.
King giraffe iii
mozzo wrote:King giraffe iii is that a picture of Old Turn Coat on your profile?
It's one of those creatures called a lulzcow. It was stood right next to me at one point on Friday night. I think it's name was Iscariot. Made strange ejaculations of laughter at random points during the match. Much more fascinating to watch than the game.

I don't think he's too happy about that photo being used. I'll remove it in due course after I come up with an alternative.

It's quite funny he seems to think I speak on behalf of everyone at FGR. I don't know, perhaps there needs to be some sort of adult education arranged for him in whatever weird Stroud satellite village he comes from. He certainly seems to be appealing on the FGR forum for volunteer carers to help him.
The Old TomCat
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Well OTC has spoken on his forum, with usual incorrect statements. He says that:

"FGR average attendance 3158 & Cheltenham 2703."

http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f= ... 0#p1176042" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In fact, our average attendance is 2,853 and FGR's is 2,777

(https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/leag ... ttendances" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

He can't help but lie it seems.
Oh dear me, once again RCS gets it wrong.
My figures are accurate
https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/leag ... dances/all" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Your figures are meaningless. Including attendances of other teams' home games in your figures gives spurious and non comparable data.

The numbers I gave are for FGR and CTFC home games only which is a much more useful statistic. Get a grip and stop with the BS.
Sprout Picker
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Your figures are meaningless. Including attendances of other teams' home games in your figures gives spurious and non comparable data.

The numbers I gave are for FGR and CTFC home games only which is a much more useful statistic. Get a grip and stop with the BS.
Agree RCS. I've been watching football matches for 30 odd years now and I've never once come across someone who compares attendance numbers in this way.

Is OTC aware that the home side keeps the proceeds in league matches which is why the figure is of more relevance?! :lol:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Sprout Picker wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Your figures are meaningless. Including attendances of other teams' home games in your figures gives spurious and non comparable data.

Agree RCS. I've been watching football matches for 30 odd years now and I've never once come across someone who compares attendance numbers in this way.

Is OTC aware that the home side keeps the proceeds in league matches which is why the figure is of more relevance?! :lol:
No doubt OTC will post with some odd explanation and reasoning behind using the wrong and irrelevant figures.
King giraffe iii
Sprout Picker wrote:

No doubt OTC will post with some odd explanation and reasoning behind using the wrong and irrelevant figures.
He can't read long words.
drgm
The figures you quote OTC are for all attendances - home and away. The vast majority
of people would consider the home attendances as being more relevant.
I don't dislike you OTC -you make me feel intelligent.
King giraffe iii
drgm wrote:The figures you quote OTC are for all attendances - home and away. The vast majority
of people would consider the home attendances as being more relevant.
I don't dislike you OTC -you make me feel intelligent.
:lol:
The Old TomCat
Gentlemen,

RCS claimed that I lied on the FGR forum when I stated the average league attendances for both clubs is FGR 3158 & CTFC 2703.
RCS then lifted that information to give alternative attendance figures, as he is entitled to, on the Robin’s Nest. But as has been subsequently acknowledged by him, Sprout Picker & drgm, my figures are accurate & truthful.
RCS should therefore offer me an apology.

Sprout Picker then moved the debate onto home sides retaining all attendance money. Hang on a bit, I cannot remember writing about attendance money anywhere.
BTW, FGR have a better minimum attendance [more money on night] than Cheltenham:- FGR 1887 & CTFC 1321
https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/leag ... inimum/all" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Drgm, bless him, reminded everybody ‘The figures you quote OTC are for all attendances - home and away.’
Thanks drgm and I don’t dislike you either.

Going back to the original post on the FGR forum, I was very careful in what I said. And please bear in mind that I did not make original average attendance claim on the Robin’s Nest.
RCS jumped in with his usual anti-FGR misquote – he seems more obsessed with FGR than does his passion for CTFC.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:Gentlemen,

RCS claimed that I lied on the FGR forum when I stated the average league attendances for both clubs is FGR 3158 & CTFC 2703.
RCS then lifted that information to give alternative attendance figures, as he is entitled to, on the Robin’s Nest. But as has been subsequently acknowledged by him, Sprout Picker & drgm, my figures are accurate & truthful.

Sprout Picker then moved the debate onto home sides retaining all attendance money. Hang on a bit, I cannot remember writing about attendance money anywhere.
BTW, FGR have a better minimum attendance [more money on night] than Cheltenham:- FGR 1887 & CTFC 1321
https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/leag ... inimum/all" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Drgm, bless him, reminded everybody ‘The figures you quote OTC are for all attendances - home and away.’

Going back to the original post on the FGR forum, I was very careful in what I said. And please bear in mind that I did not make original average attendance claim on the Robin’s Nest.
RCS jumped in with his usual anti-FGR misquote – he seems more obsessed with FGR than does his passion for CTFC.
Does nothing to change the fact that using total averages rather than home averages is meaningless, incomparable and statistically uninformative.

As usual you avoid that criticism through a long defensive rambling rant.

I won't apologise as you claimed those figures were FGR and CTFC attendances. This is incorrect, as the figures include attendances of other teams.
Robin

When did we have 1331 for a first team fixture please don't say you are including the JPT or what ever it's called now?
Sprout Picker

Are you for real?! I think you may want to read my post again.

You're quite correct in stating you hadn't ever mentioned anything about home sides retaining all attendance money which is why I asked if you were aware that this was the case. The clue is the '?' at the end of the sentence.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:

When did we have 1331 for a first team fixture please don't say you are including the JPT or what ever it's called now?
CTFC league home games are:

12/8/2017 CTFC vs Crawley Town - 2,834
26/8/2017 CTFC vs Exeter City - 3,168
2/9/2017 CTFC vs Stevenage - 2,694
16/9/2017 CTFC vs Colchester United - 2,718

The figure of 1,321 OTC said was a Cheltenham Town attendance, was actually the most recent Accrington Stanley attendance:

23/9/2017 Accrington Stanley vs CTFC - 1,321

Why OTC thinks Accrington's attendances have any relevance to FGR or CTFC and those clubs' "money on the night" only he can tell us. Either a deliberate false statement to claim that was a CTFC attendance, or a lack of understanding of how the website we source the data from works. Whichever the case, he has now been corrected.

FGR league home games are:

5/8/2017 vs Barnet - 3,171
19/8/2017 vs Yeovil Town - 2,615
9/9/2017 vs Exeter City - 2,909
12/9/2017 vs Lincoln City - 1,887
22/9/2017 vs Swindon Town - 3,305

CTFC smallest attendance is 2,694.
FGR smallest attendance is 1,887.

The directly comparable home game is vs Exeter, where FGR got 2,909 and CTFC got 3,168.
Sprout Picker
Robin wrote:

CTFC league home games are:

12/8/2017 CTFC vs Crawley Town - 2,834
26/8/2017 CTFC vs Exeter City - 3,168
2/9/2017 CTFC vs Stevenage - 2,694
16/9/2017 CTFC vs Colchester United - 2,718

The figure of 1,321 OTC said was a Cheltenham Town attendance, was actually the most recent Accrington Stanley attendance:

23/9/2017 Accrington Stanley vs CTFC - 1,321

Why OTC thinks Accrington's attendances have any relevance to FGR or CTFC and those clubs' "money on the night" only he can tell us. Either a deliberate false statement to claim that was a CTFC attendance, or a lack of understanding of how the website we source the data from works. Whichever the case, he has now been corrected.

FGR league home games are:

5/8/2017 vs Barnet - 3,171
19/8/2017 vs Yeovil Town - 2,615
9/9/2017 vs Exeter City - 2,909
12/9/2017 vs Lincoln City - 1,887
22/9/2017 vs Swindon Town - 3,305

CTFC smallest attendance is 2,694.
FGR smallest attendance is 1,887.

The directly comparable home game is vs Exeter, where FGR got 2,909 and CTFC got 3,168.
Interesting that FGR seem to have had three of their games against geographically closer opponents (Yeovil, Exeter and Swindon) already along with attendances subsequently boosted by larger away numbers. Couple this with the first-ever league game novelty factor vs Barnet and the Lincoln crowd figure could be a taste of things to come especially if they continue to endeavour to head back to the National League as fast as possible.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Yup, we should easily have over 4,000 for Swindon and 3,000 for Yeovil.

I'd be incredibly worried and disappointed if CTFC ever had a home League fixture with below 2,000 in attendance - something which FGR have already had in just their fourth ever home League match, as you say.

I await OTC's comments on the attendance figures provided above.