January sales. Shopping list and rumours.

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Frear and Sido have been wished up on the forum this week. Would be worth a cheeky enquiry.

Tin Plavotic scored for City U-23s two weeks ago. A game in which former target (rumoured) PA Garita also played. Can Johnson and Johnson arrange a deal for both?
CTFC03
Plavotic isn't great really, Garita diesn't inspire, we need somebody better than Storer at CDM someone with experience, another CB or 2 again with experience, an experienced finisher with Eisa, Graham and Hinds if kept on loan here as Wright doesn't always do the business, another LB and a RB to cover Winchester, we need too much and I doubt much will happen in January which will lead to another poor season which will demotivate the fans which is a bit of a joke really as we have an ambitious experienced manager in Johnson.
Rulistening
Send hinds back and keep Holman would be my suggestion for the striker "issue", Danny Wright and Holman as the backup/rotation

We need at least 1 fullback to be coming in, potentially two as im not too sure Taylor Moore will extend his stay, Quite funny the two hyped players in Hinds and Taylor Moore haven't quite lived up to expectations yet Morrell (who no one knew anything about) has been the stand out player. Gotta love football!

Id like to see a new midfielder come in and ship out Atangana honestly, too injury prone so we should be looking for a more reliable option for either first team battling with storer or his backup.

We dont need a lot in January but we also need to get something- and to get it right. Very important between deciding between mid table/pushing for playoffs or settling for a relegation battle (so around 20th)
Shade
Drissa Traore from FGR. But obviously they wouldn't sell to us even if we could afford a fee for a position we have at least two players for already.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Or Doidge.
I-Love-CTFC
I very much doubt we'll be paying a fee for anybody.
horlickfanclub
A few weeks ago our Manager was tipping us for the playoffs .As usual if there is money in the air all of a sudden any new King becomes the great King.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
horlickfanclub wrote:A few weeks ago our Manager was tipping us for the playoffs .As usual if there is money in the air all of a sudden any new King becomes the great King.
If we are in touch distance come Jan then the Board must invest in securing promotion, otherwise expect our promotion quality players to leave in the summer prompting another rebuilding job and season of transient struggle which will probably cost us more in the long term.
King giraffe iii
Shade wrote:Drissa Traore from FGR. But obviously they wouldn't sell to us even if we could afford a fee for a position we have at least two players for already.
He's a funny one. Excellent for League Two but he has huge fitness issues which mean he struggles to make it past 70 minutes. Head and shoulders above anyone else we have in midfield except Isaiah Osbourne. You can have Charlie Cooper on a free. Total shitehouse of a player in the National League, let alone League Two.
Robin
It's a little early but for me we need an experienced defender and another striker. I would send Hinds and Flatt back perhaps release Davey or extend his loan to Torquay if he's behind Bower and with the money we had from Derby hopefully we can fund this.

Also agree about Atangana, I like him but sense Gary is frustrated with his injury record so far. I also suspect Holman will be moved on.
horlickfanclub
Atangana is on a two year deal. Davey could come back and replace Grimes.Torquay are pleased with him and also may use him in midfield.I agree about Flatt and Hinds.
Shade
King giraffe iii wrote:
Shade wrote:Drissa Traore from FGR. But obviously they wouldn't sell to us even if we could afford a fee for a position we have at least two players for already.
He's a funny one. Excellent for League Two but he has huge fitness issues which mean he struggles to make it past 70 minutes. Head and shoulders above anyone else we have in midfield except Isaiah Osbourne. You can have Charlie Cooper on a free. Total shitehouse of a player in the National League, let alone League Two.
Ah, didn't know that about his fitness. I've seen him play a bit and he looks very tidy indeed but if he can't keep it going for 90 minutes that's a big letdown.
London Exile
RB, LB and Striker required for me. Perhaps a shopping trip back in the Scottish League after the impact that both Forster and Graham have had?
Would like to see Morrell loan extended till seasons end.
I expect Flatt to return to Wolves and Hinds to City unless he gets more game time.
longmover
Robin wrote:It's a little early but for me we need an experienced defender and another striker. I would send Hinds and Flatt back perhaps release Davey or extend his loan to Torquay if he's behind Bower and with the money we had from Derby hopefully we can fund this.

Also agree about Atangana, I like him but sense Gary is frustrated with his injury record so far. I also suspect Holman will be moved on.
GJ new his fitness history when he signed him, he even said he played every game for Orient and his body just can't take it. It does frustrate me when GJ signs a player with a history then moans when that history catches up with said player.
Oldun
Glad to see we have found another reason to have a go at Gary! Surely he needs to take the blame for the cold snap clashing with our game up the Hill. So irresponsible!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Oldun wrote:Glad to see we have found another reason to have a go at Gary! Surely he needs to take the blame for the cold snap clashing with our game up the Hill. So irresponsible!
Too true
longmover
Oldun wrote:Glad to see we have found another reason to have a go at Gary! !
So what? Why buy a player thats injury prone and then have a dig at him when he's been out injured?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
longmover wrote:
Oldun wrote:Glad to see we have found another reason to have a go at Gary! !
So what? Why buy a player thats injury prone and then have a dig at him when he's been out injured?
Not seen where Gary had a dig?
confused.com
Oldun wrote:Glad to see we have found another reason to have a go at Gary! Surely he needs to take the blame for the cold snap clashing with our game up the Hill. So irresponsible!
The fun out of it has gone, used to be good crack trying to guess the poster while reading the post. But the love child makes it too easy. Someone could say they didn't like GJ beard and his bf would leap to his defence!
horlickfanclub
I agree longmover.