Eisa again.

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

CTFC03
Off to Bristol City according to JP but nothing said about how much they've offered us, think this is a good move for him.
Jon Palmer
Latest I have here: http://bit.ly/EisaChampionship" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sprout Picker
Did wonder if Bristol City might come in for him. Seems a logical move all round really.
Ralph
Excellent move for him and who knows, we may just get him back on loan at some point. Really happy where he has gone and i'm sure GJ and LJ worked out a great fee for us.. I think this is perfect
paperboy
....thanks for your great reporting JP.
Robin
£1.5million apparently, good luck to the lad but I hope we don't see him return on loan because that me means he isn't successful.
Lord Elpuz
The best possible move for Mo and for us. They will look after him, help him develop at that level and nurture his potential. Great outcome - and even better if we were to get him on loan. Well done to Mo and the very best of luck to him.
Robin
Not sure where this loan talk is coming from, it baffles me that any club would sign a league two player for £1.5million then loan him back.
Shade
The only surprise about this is that Gary and Lee hadn't worked the deal out 6 months ago...or maybe they did...as I said a few months ago.
Last edited by Shade on 21 Jul 2018, 17:02, edited 1 time in total.
paperboy
...and the clueless Bristol Post reporter who had been given the news by JP has hastily amended his original copy stating that Gary is Lee's brother. :-)
Lord Elpuz
Robin wrote:Not sure where this loan talk is coming from, it baffles me that any club would sign a league two player for £1.5million then loan him back.
Why?

Dele Alli was sold by Mk Dons to Spurs for £5M and they promptly loaned him back. If it is Bristol City that have signed Mo, it’s a two League jump, the same difference at the time between Spurs and MK Dons.

It happens.
vickeryc
This is the perfect move for all concerned. So pleased. I had a hunch it would happen. I, moreover, see no reason why a loan wouldn't be possible for the reasons set out in the Lord's post.
kiaora84
You can’t compare the two :lol:

Alli was 17/18 year old and was signed mid season. He was loaned back to MK dons because he was playing regular first team football there, which he wouldn’t of for Spurs at that time. Only after a preseason did they then think he was ready for the first team. Also it’s well documented he asked to go back to MK Dons in order to help them achieve promotion.

Eisa is 24 going a club in preseason and will be expecting (also expected) to be challenging for a first team place. He won’t be going out in loan...not to L2 anyway
Malabus
1.5 million sterling payed over a period of time.
Ihearye
kiaora84 wrote:You can’t compare the two :lol:

Alli was 17/18 year old and was signed mid season. He was loaned back to MK dons because he was playing regular first team football there, which he wouldn’t of for Spurs at that time. Only after a preseason did they then think he was ready for the first team. Also it’s well documented he asked to go back to MK Dons in order to help them achieve promotion.

Eisa is 24 going a club in preseason and will be expecting (also expected) to be challenging for a first team place. He won’t be going out in loan...not to L2 anyway
So So true, people do talk some nonsense. To even start to compare the two situations as an attempt to 'rubbish' someones point of view, is ridiculous.
silverrobin
Good for you Mo

Sorry to see you go but thanks a million for last season.

After yesterdays performance against Blues I do hope that a couple of good strikers are on the horizon for us.
If not.... where are the goals going to come from?
Lord Elpuz
Ihearye wrote:
kiaora84 wrote:You can’t compare the two :lol:

So So true, people do talk some nonsense. To even start to compare the two situations as an attempt to 'rubbish' someones point of view, is ridiculous.
Well, let’s wait and see ;)

It’s ok for Spurs to splash out £5M for an asset to go straight back out on loan to a lower League club because a very young player insisted he did so and was getting regular football? Does that sound more far-fetched than Mo being loaned back?
Si Robin
No it doesn't sound more far-fetched because the crucial point is that it was a mid-season transfer and Dele Alli was 18 years old. He wasn't even supposed to be a first-team player when he eventually joined up with the club that summer and got a chance due to injuries. He then took that chance with both hands and made himself undroppable.

Mo on the other hand is 24 years old and about to reach the peak of his playing days. He will be expected to fight for a place in the first team from day one and will only be loaned out further down the line if he doesn't make the grade. This sale to City is the exact same as when they signed Matt Taylor from Bristol Rovers two summers ago - he didn't make the grade there, let's hope Mo does.
Robin
silverrobin wrote:Good for you Mo

Sorry to see you go but thanks a million for last season.

After yesterdays performance against Blues I do hope that a couple of good strikers are on the horizon for us.
If not.... where are the goals going to come from?
One thing we are definitely missing is a powerful and better version of Danny Wright. Both Kalvin and Lloyd tried yesterday but they were isolated and they need someone to do the physical side for them.

I feel two strikers to come in and an a creative midfielder. I would also consider loaning Lloyd out for the first six months so he can get plenty of game time.
paperboy
...going off topic I know,but where was Brian Graham yesterday?
Si Robin
Mark Halliwell suggested he may be injured (again!!) as whilst he was on the bench he wasn't dressed to play.

I wasn't there, so I don't know if there's any truth in that.
paperboy
Thanks Si--we really need him to step up to the plate this season, but I won't hold my breathe.
Robin
There are rumours Graham could be on the way out not sure how reliable that is though.
CTFC03
He had a decent spell with Eisa back in October I think, it was when we beat Mansfield at home that sort of time when he had a decent run and looked good but apart from that spell I think he's been average and I think we can do better but the problem is if he goes we will need three strikers, can't see us getting three and I'm worried we might not even get two.
little mo
Robin wrote:There are rumours Graham could be on the way out not sure how reliable that is though.
Not a problem, don't think he is anywhere near this level. Conference at best.
Si Robin
I think he’s good enough, he just seems to struggle with niggly injuries which stop him from finding form.
vickeryc
Si Robin wrote:I think he’s good enough, he just seems to struggle with niggly injuries which stop him from finding form.
I suppose it's the persistent injuries that are the problem! He seems to be always one awkward twist or turn away from another lay-off, which is a shame because he has shown he's good enough when he gets a run of games.
Benctfc
I struggle to see what type of striker Graham is he isn't big and powerful enough to be a hold up striker but then isnt quick or agile enough to run off defenders and drift out wide. I was hoping we might have been able to off load him and Dawson this summer as both would be high earners and don't justify it based on last seasons performances.
paperboy
Benctfc wrote:I struggle to see what type of striker Graham is he isn't big and powerful enough to be a hold up striker but then isnt quick or agile enough to run off defenders and drift out wide. I was hoping we might have been able to off load him and Dawson this summer as both would be high earners and don't justify it based on last seasons performances.
Yes,I think GJ said that there were one or two contracted players that weren't in his plans and I can't see who else he was referring to.
CTFC03
Dawson is a decent player imo, he was one of few that tried to make things happen, we offered very little going forward in general last season, he's shown that he's capable he just needs to find his form again.
I-Love-CTFC
I said Graham was garbage a long time ago. Considering the effort we made to sign him he's been a poor signing. We need better attacking options than him if we want to challenge for the play-offs.
asl
He does nothing for me, neither. Everyone kept telling me he was an improved version of Danny Wright - but damned if I could ever see that.
Robin
His touch and control is better than Wright but doesn't have the power or mobility either.
Robin
Just a couple of other names to throw out there Danny Newton at Stevenage and Jon Stead at Notts County. I know Stead is getting on but he'd be perfect for us if he's dropped down the pecking order up there. Newton may be difficult but Stevenage may find cash hard to resist.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Christian Doidge.