Breaking: club statement on Colchester ticket prices

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Just released on the official website:

https://www.ctfc.com/news/2018/august/c ... p-pricing/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Make of it what you want.
horlickfanclub
I note the comments about the Checkatrade. Lets hope they open some of the Colin Farmer stand so people can get a decent seat and view of Arsenal and Coventry.
asl
I repeat what I said on the other thread: reducing the entry fee may well not have increased attendance enough to cover the reduction. Will the Checkatrade matches much exceed Tuesday's attendance despite the lower prices? I doubt it. Not convinced that the board are wrong about this, I'm afraid.
Shade
I'd imagine there will be less at the Checkatrade games.
horlickfanclub
My point was that people want a decent view and those that sit in the Colin Farmer may be more likely to turn up to if they can use there usual seats. The club owe it to supporters to do this. The money is there.
everyman
horlickfanclub wrote:My point was that people want a decent view and those that sit in the Colin Farmer may be more likely to turn up to if they can use there usual seats. The club owe it to supporters to do this. The money is there.
Especially as the old stand is not-fit for purpose if you are over 5ft.tall.
Shade
I agree. But they say it costs more to open more stands, so...
Jerry St Clair
The statement seemed a bit desperate ("ooh, but wasn't it an exciting game?") so I think they know they got it wrong. But couldn't quite bring themselves to admit it.
ThelmaChen
From the Andy Wilcox interview.

Yes and the situation with the prices for the Carabao Cup on Tuesday night won’t happen again. Brentford’s prices for the second round have already come out and they are very much like our prices should have been for the Colchester game. I know a lot of fans didn’t go and we need to make sure we have the crowd behind the team.