Exeter highlights.

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Malabus
https://youtu.be/oy0HVroICSI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fuller
Excellent highlights package.
Exeter City are a club that have bounced back from some hard times, they have rebuilt their ground and produced a number of very good players.
Change of manager to one of our former players too hasn't stopped them being at the right end of the table playing some attractive attacking football.
Good luck to them, we need to match what they are doing both on and off the pitch.
CTFC03
Yes they have done very well the last few seasons, it's funny that Matt Taylor is their manager, possibly the worst so called leader I've ever seen at this club, don't think he can get away with missing games to go to weddings now!

Seen a lot of stick for the header from Maddox, it wasn't great but it's not as bad as people are making out.
Si Robin
I keep seeing that he missed a game for a wedding.

I'm happy to be told I'm wrong, but I was sure that it wasn't a game he missed, but a training session on the Easter weekend when we played York on Good Friday and Stevenage on Easter Monday. He'd been of the opinion that as we weren't playing there would be no training session and it was GJ, who'd only just taken over, who called the training session that week.

I'm not defending him, I hasten to add, the captain of the team should lead by example and he shouldn't have gone to the wedding, but missing a training session is not on the same level as missing a match.
horlickfanclub
Too much " shadowing" with no intention to tackle.
paperboy
horlickfanclub wrote:Too much " shadowing" with no intention to tackle.
Your so right Horlick.

I vividly remember him being up against an attacker near the bye line.
He just let the bloke cross the ball when with a little effort he could have blocked it.

I didn't realise that their new away stand had been purchased from Barnet.
Apols if mentioned elsewhere.
Artemis
Didn't Exeter get a whole wad of cash from a Man Utd game way back, which they apparently invested wisely in getting back to Football League in 2008 and on St James Park?

Similarly Burton, against the same opponents, getting their hands on a similar wad, invested wisely in players and facilities, and ultimately rewarded with an appearance in the Championship.
Shade
That equaliser...wonder strike a couple of minutes into the second half. Equal parts bad luck (if we'd have kept them out for another 15 minutes and they hadn't had that confidence then who knows) and tremendous skill by the guy. He's not going to score many, if any more, like that. That's the way it goes when you're down the wrong end and they're at the top.
plymrob
Thank goodness to know we were just unlucky.