**EL GLOSICO**

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Lord Elpuz
Ihearye wrote:
FFS close it, or else move it to non footy. Losing the will to live having to sift through all the non football rubbish, to try and find something that has actually got to do with football.
Not much point in having mods if all this 5hit fills up threads????
The most curmudgeonly post you’ll find on TNR? I tend to think so.

What did you do for laughs before you had your humour lobotomy? I presume it was The Mail, or perhaps the Mirror? The latter suggestion has no doubt cracked it? :lol:
paperboy
...amazed that Ralph didn't come galloping to the rescue. :-)
Shade
The game is no longer all-ticket, suggesting we're nowhere near sold out and neither are they. So I may be tempted up after all...but probably not.
everyman
Ben3 wrote:Close the thread. Lock it down. You can take our threads but you’ll never take our freedom.

There is method to the madness. Football is meant to be fun. The joy has gone out of it for me, apart from when I coach kids. This site is den of misery and moaning.

Not this supporter, not this Saturday.

What do you call three Forest Green rovers supporters in the same room?

Unusual
Cabbage a trois !
Blakey 9
regardless of how many we take and that crappy stand we will be in.. let's make as much noise as possible it will never beat the atmosphere we created when we went there in the conference a few years back it was like a home game for us..
Robin
reckon the crowd will struggle to hit 3000 and that's with 700 of us.
Blakey 9
now it's pay on the gate I can see us taking like 850 , even though we aren't doing that well at the moment we should be taking our full allocation..
Ben3
This will be the first time ever I’ve gone in the ‘away’ end

Here’s one for confused;

Mark cooper crossed the white line at the end of the game.

Good job it wasn’t Charlie

Happy October confused :?:
Artemis
Although if it was charlie, would one notice the difference??
The Old TomCat
Thanks Cheltenham for support of a local charity b4 match.
I'm sure it will be appreciated by all at TNL

https://www.fgr.co.uk/news/october-2018 ... l-campaign" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Forest Green and Cheltenham Town will put their local rivalry to one side ahead of ‘El Glosico’ on Saturday as the players will come together to support a local charity.

Both squads will warm up for Saturday’s match wearing pink T-shirts, to raise awareness of a fundraising campaign for the Thirlestaine Breast Centre at Cobalt House.

Cobalt is aiming to raise money to enhance facilities at the centre, including the purchase of a three dimensional mammography machine to provide a more accurate diagnosis of breast cancer at an earlier stage, to enable more effective treatment and to ultimately save lives.

FGR manager Mark Cooper said: “It’s very important to us to be supporting charities like this. It’s an initiative that we asked Cheltenham Town to get on board with at our stadium and they’ve taken us up on that which is great.

“It puts into perspective that it’s just a football game.

“We want everyone to get on board at the match and show their support for the charity and we’ll certainly be doing that on Saturday.”

Cheltenham Town manager Michael Duff said: “I think it’s great that we are able to work together with our nearest rivals to promote the Cobalt Unit in order to raise funds for new equipment at the Thirlestaine Breast Centre.

“It’s important that the whole county is united behind a good cause and that we can all work together to increase awareness, which is clear from this campaign.”
SHANDY VOR
Some cracking quips in there Ben, I think I'll borrow a few and pass them off as my own. You are an oasis of levity in a desert of gravity. I cannot believe how miserable some of you are on here. Well done mods for seeing sense and letting Ben3 continue. You should never suppress art.

This thread demonstrates how much you guys take your current status for granted. Weekly League Two football, and a local derby, and some of you can't be arsed! Surely this must be an interesting weekend for you - I'm interested in the game and don't support either side.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
SHANDY VOR wrote:Some cracking quips in there Ben, I think I'll borrow a few and pass them off as my own. You are an oasis of levity in a desert of gravity. I cannot believe how miserable some of you are on here. Well done mods for seeing sense and letting Ben3 continue. You should never suppress art.

This thread demonstrates how much you guys take your current status for granted. Weekly League Two football, and a local derby, and some of you can't be arsed! Surely this must be an interesting weekend for you - I'm interested in the game and don't support either side.
A great weekend for Shire football - let’s hope for two big crowds and two results Shire football fans can enjoy, i.e Gloucester into the first round and a Cheltenham victory vs the hated franchise.

I will be following both scores avidly! Up the Shire!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Artemis wrote:Although if it was charlie, would one notice the difference??
True, he is hyper enough and twitching his nose constantly as it is.
Ben3
I’m not saying Ruben Reid is overweight, but when he got on the beach at Weymouth Greenpeace turned up and tried to roll him back in to the sea
everyman
The Old TomCat wrote:Thanks Cheltenham for support of a local charity b4 match.

https://www.fgr.co.uk/news/october-2018 ... l-campaign" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Forest Green and Cheltenham Town will put their local rivalry to one side ahead of ‘El Glosico’ on Saturday as the players will come together to support a local charity.

Both squads will warm up for Saturday’s match wearing pink T-shirts, to raise awareness of a fundraising campaign for the Thirlestaine Breast Centre at Cobalt House.

Cobalt is aiming to raise money to enhance facilities at the centre, including the purchase of a three dimensional mammography machine to provide a more accurate diagnosis of breast cancer at an earlier stage, to enable more effective treatment and to ultimately save lives.

FGR manager Mark Cooper said: “It’s very important to us to be supporting charities like this. It’s an initiative that we asked Cheltenham Town to get on board with at our stadium and they’ve taken us up on that which is great.

“We want everyone to get on board at the match and show their support for the charity and we’ll certainly be doing that on Saturday.”

Cheltenham Town manager Michael Duff said: “I think it’s great that we are able to work together with our nearest rivals to promote the Cobalt Unit in order to raise funds for new equipment at the Thirlestaine Breast Centre.

“It’s important that the whole county is united behind a good cause and that we can all work together to increase awareness, which is clear from this campaign.”
You really do take the vegan biscuit,to think that you represent fgr.officially,demented oaf !
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
everyman wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:Thanks Cheltenham for support of a local charity b4 match.

You really do take the vegan biscuit,to think that you represent fgr.officially,demented oaf !
Could always phone the ticket office there and ask them if OTC is a club official.
SHANDY VOR
Am I missing something here, but isn't Tom simply publicising a charitable event (supported by both clubs) as part of the match day event. Sorry, but the comments above are a bit of a low blow. I know OTC sometimes likes to be provocative and controversial but that doesn't mean that everything he says should be attacked. That's the MO of a bully. The wolf pack has mobilised again :)

Good on both clubs for this event, the big C is something that touches all families at some time or other, as our new manager will be able to personally testify.

Enjoy your game today, I hope you both lose :)
theidlerich
.....hopefully the real winners today will be the Cobalt appeal.......
....but I must admit that I also hope that CTFC will score a goal or two more than FGR [despite my prediction].
joes dad
[quote="theidlerich"].....hopefully the real winners today will be the Cobalt appeal.......

Couldn't agree more, Hope they are collecting on the day.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
SHANDY VOR wrote:Am I missing something here, but isn't Tom simply publicising a charitable event (supported by both clubs) as part of the match day event. Sorry, but the comments above are a bit of a low blow. I know OTC sometimes likes to be provocative and controversial but that doesn't mean that everything he says should be attacked. That's the MO of a bully. The wolf pack has mobilised again :)

Good on both clubs for this event, the big C is something that touches all families at some time or other, as our new manager will be able to personally testify.

Enjoy your game today, I hope you both lose :)
Fully behind the great charitable efforts by both sides. Here is hoping to a repeat in a Glos v Chelt FA Cup tie!