Thanks for the pies

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I have just found out someone from Oldham’s catering gave out free pies to the CTFC faithful during the second half tonight. Nice touch.
plymrob
Happened at Exeter too. Some might say it's easy meat - but probably easier to give out pies/pasties to the poorly supported loosing side (and, maybe, even more so to win a few misplaced credits from RCS...?).

Question is - is RCS a misguided foretune hunter following the team he (and we) do? Jury's out for me (on both counts).
Ihearye
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:I have just found out someone from Oldham’s catering gave out free pies to the CTFC faithful during the second half tonight. Nice touch.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Can't believe you think it is a nice touch handing out produce that has been created by herding thousands of cattle into barns in order to factory farm them !!! That could NEVER be a nice touch, it is propagating the craving for cheap food and inhumane animal treatment. Not to mention the impact of food production for the starving world.
;)

where is my soapbox ????
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:I have just found out someone from Oldham’s catering gave out free pies to the CTFC faithful during the second half tonight. Nice touch.
Can't believe you think it is a nice touch handing out produce that has been created by herding thousands of cattle into barns in order to factory farm them !!! That could NEVER be a nice touch, it is propagating the craving for cheap food and inhumane animal treatment. Not to mention the impact of food production for the starving world.
;)

where is my soapbox ????
The concern and kindness shown to the 92 Robins was a nice touch. Obviously the pies should have been plant based or organically sourced ideally.
Ihearye
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Ihearye wrote:
;)

where is my soapbox ????
The concern and kindness shown to the 92 Robins was a nice touch. Obviously the pies should have been plant based or organically sourced ideally.
love slack days like this :)
ThelmaChen
Did they do it with vegan pies on Saturday?
Ihearye
ThelmaChen wrote:Did they do it with vegan pies on Saturday?
For some reason I am beginning to get flashed of scenes from American Pie when I read that comment