CTFC shareholder investment

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
So it looks like our mystery Cayman Island based investor has upped their share.

It was reported a few years ago that CTFC Investments Limited owner about 22.5% of the Club.

In October this year they became listed as a person of significant control with more than 25% of shares - as a result of buying over 66,000 shares during the last year.

How do people feel about a quarter of the club being owned by an anonymous Caymans based company? Not bothered or would you like to know who they are?
Cheltenhamshire10
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:So it looks like our mystery Cayman Island based investor has upped their share.

It was reported a few years ago that CTFC Investments Limited owner about 22.5% of the Club.

In October this year they became listed as a person of significant control with more than 25% of shares - as a result of buying over 66,000 shares during the last year.

How do people feel about a quarter of the club being owned by an anonymous Caymans based company? Not bothered or would you like to know who they are?
I thought someone showed it was Keswick?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Cheltenhamshire10 wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:So it looks like our mystery Cayman Island based investor has upped their share.

I thought someone showed it was Keswick?
Not sure that was the Caymans lot? Keswick himself is also listed as a person of significant control. This used to be under the guise of Leopold Joseph Nominees but now it is in his own name.

CTFC Investments Limited now own almost as many shares as Keswick does. They might both be him of course.

So if it his Keswick he owns over 50%, if not then around 25%.
Si Robin
Leo's post from when this was brought up 3 years ago:

http://www.robinsnestforum.co.uk/viewto ... an#p217006
I asked Paul Baker about the Cayman Islands company shareholder. The person concerned (no name given) in Gloucestershire born and bred, but is a Cayman Islands resident. He is "non-dom" in the proper sense of the word, he spends no more than 90 days a year in the country. He always watches us when he is in the UK.

If I understand the law correctly (this is my surmising, and not from the club, so please correct me if wrong). If he transferred £500,000 in his own name to the UK, and given it to the club, then the money would have been taxed in the UK, so the club gets a little over £300,000. But a foreign company is quite free to buy shares in a UK company. I do not think we have to worry about profit taking
Maybe this is something the Trust can look into.
Ihearye
Not in the slightest bit concerned,
Are they buying shares to take control and strip our assets ? Oh wait, we haven't got any. Do they intend to turn us into Prem club? If so, playing the long game!
So somebody who was born in County, obviously has a few bob and chooses to invest it in CTFC, They are hardly doing it to make money!!!!!