People say our ticket office opening hours are bad...

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

The Old TomCat
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
You rotten little liar:

You have previously stated “The post on this thread Robin said that DV once tried to buy CTFC. I’ve never heard that said before and phoned the office for confirmation or not. Seems nobody at TNL knows anything of the sort.”

http://www.robinsnestforum.co.uk/viewto ... =2&t=25503" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You’re grasping at straws RCS.
Those sour grapes must be addling your brain.
This thread is concerned with the FGR call centre which is based in Stroud.
The call I made was to TNL which is about seven miles distant from Stroud and done before the call centre was opened.
I DID point that out in my post that I have never phoned FGR call centre to check out the DV & PB situation. So a liar I am NOT.

Anyway your post offered me another opportunity to remind everybody that you have severely shot yourself in your own foot. Thanks for that. :lol:
Lord Elpuz
We only have your word OTC, on your alleged quotes from senior figures you claim to have communicated with at FGR and CTFC. Your Forum history, sadly, shows that you are frequently prone to getting into a muddle with facts. You are regarded as something of a flawed novelty on our Forum, not taken seriously at all, and so it is most likely that others whom you encounter treat you in much the same way. Sad, but most probably true.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Lord Elpuz wrote:We only have your word OTC, on your alleged quotes from senior figures you claim to have communicated with at FGR and CTFC. Your Forum history, sadly, shows that you are frequently prone to getting into a muddle with facts. You are regarded as something of a flawed novelty on our Forum, not taken seriously at all, and so it is most likely that others whom you encounter treat you in much the same way. Sad, but most probably true.
If OTC ever did write to Paul Baker (in the real world, not his fantasy) I can imagine the look on Paul’s face. He would no doubt have assumed the letter was from a journalist on a fishing trip, a WUM, or a weirdo - none of whom he would share any details with other than a straight bat denial.

A question for you Lord Elpuz, should you be so kind to ponder; if one lays bait for a fish, throws raw steak to a lion, or waves a red flag to a bull, what item does one use when communicating with a flawed oddity?
Lord Elpuz
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:From StadiumMgr (Vince’s son?) on the Ecotricity FC Forum:

“And closing reception was in part done, so that we can better support the ticket hotline: and thus give us much more capacity to answer calls then we ever had with just one line/two people at FGR. I can appreciate the hotline isn’t brilliant yet, but we are working to improve the answer rates and also the knowledge of those who answer the phones.”

Does this mean one can buy a ticket and give a meter reading in the same call??
Brilliant :lol:

Also worth noting - for anyone who is crazy enough to be thinking of taking up an Ecotricity service - research ‘customer complaints about Ecotricity’, particularly the ones about how difficult it is to get through to customer services and the very poor marks the company gets for its customer service. It’s little wonder there are a few “teething problems” getting the FGR ticket hotline up and working through Ecotricity staff.
Lord Elpuz
A question for you Lord Elpuz, should you be so kind to ponder; if one lays bait for a fish, throws raw steak to a lion, or waves a red flag to a bull, what item does one use when communicating with a flawed oddity?
I think the answer to that one my fine fellow, is that one would have to consider the capacity of said individual’s brain capacity, and how much space exists therein? This would mean we would instead be dealing with a Space Oddity (very little in the way of grey matter), and therefore I would recommend using a song from David Bowie and shout aloud, “Ground Control to Poor Old Tom”. Alternatively, shout “Ground Control to Ginger Tom” but it depends what’s lurking beneath that horrid little cloth cap.
Shade
https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/s ... ow-2218037" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'll just leave this here, with the breakdown of income and wages for the last 6 years at the bottom of the article.
Disgusting that anyone at that level should be able to spend that much on wages/make such losses with the governing body not stepping in and questioning it, imo.
The Old TomCat
Lord Elpuz wrote:We only have your word OTC, on your alleged quotes from senior figures you claim to have communicated with at FGR and CTFC. Your Forum history, sadly, shows that you are frequently prone to getting into a muddle with facts. You are regarded as something of a flawed novelty on our Forum, not taken seriously at all, and so it is most likely that others whom you encounter treat you in much the same way. Sad, but most probably true.
If OTC ever did write to Paul Baker (in the real world, not his fantasy) I can imagine the look on Paul’s face. He would no doubt have assumed the letter was from a journalist on a fishing trip, a WUM, or a weirdo - none of whom he would share any details with other than a straight bat denial.

* More sour grapes from you guys. I love it because it confirms that you’re on the back foot.
Yes, everybody can see that you guys are dancing on the head of a pin. But be careful that you don’t fall off and break the other foot that you’ve not already shot.
Lord E, try and prove me wrong and write to Paul Baker yourself. RCS kindly told everybody that he was a councillor whose address is thereby on web. And when PB confirms that I am correct in stating that Dale Vince never approached him to invest into CTFC I expect a fulsome apology from you.

* I would not know the answer to question posed partly because according to RCS I’m a moron although it was mentioned in GOTCHA that I’m brighter and smarter than you two will ever be. And I am. :lol:
Sprout Picker
The Old TomCat wrote:

* More sour grapes from you guys. I love it because it confirms that you’re on the back foot.
Yes, everybody can see that you guys are dancing on the head of a pin. But be careful that you don’t fall off and break the other foot that you’ve not already shot.
Lord E, try and prove me wrong and write to Paul Baker yourself. RCS kindly told everybody that he was a councillor whose address is thereby on web. And when PB confirms that I am correct in stating that Dale Vince never approached him to invest into CTFC I expect a fulsome apology from you.

* I would not know the answer to question posed partly because according to RCS I’m a moron although it was mentioned in GOTCHA that I’m brighter and smarter than you two will ever be. And I am. :lol:
Is this bloke having a breakdown or something?! Jesus wept man, have you not got anything better to spend your time on?!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/s ... ow-2218037

I'll just leave this here, with the breakdown of income and wages for the last 6 years at the bottom of the article.
Disgusting that anyone at that level should be able to spend that much on wages/make such losses with the governing body not stepping in and questioning it, imo.
Is Vince OTC in disguise? This claim is astonishing:

“It’s worth bearing in mind that FGR has a global impact, with three billion people reached with our sustainability message in the last year and fan clubs in 20 different countries of the world.“

Latest data suggests four billion worldwide have some form of internet access. So Vince is claiming that 75% of global internet users have been reached by FGR’s sustainability message.

Plus £2.5million losses in 2016 - and they didn’t come close to contesting the title with us.
Last edited by RegencyCheltenhamSpa on 14 Nov 2018, 23:21, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Elpuz
The Old TomCat wrote:

Incredible. Self-appointed spokesperson for the Propaganda Clowns of Nailsworth, self-appointed genius, writes to his local press about his own self-importance, self-edits and deletes his own c0ck-ups on the FGR Forum, convinces even himself of falsehoods passed off as fact. The list goes on and on and on. Probably even has an honorary degree from Oxbridge (which he would have downloaded from the Internet).

OTC is a misnomer, it should be OCD.

You can get help you know, OTC, just tell your doctor the truth, or ask him to read your posts on these Forums - it would provide all the anecdotal evidence needed to get you on the right medication.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Interesting to find out that Vince also established the company Green Devils Limited this year as well as Ecotricity J13 Limited. God knows what the first company is for (apart from accountancy games) and I assume the latter is for the Junction 13 stadium / eco park.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Lord Elpuz wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:

Incredible. Self-appointed spokesperson for the Propaganda Clowns of Nailsworth, self-appointed genius, writes to his local press about his own self-importance, self-edits and deletes his own c0ck-ups on the FGR Forum, convinces even himself of falsehoods passed off as fact. The list goes on and on and on. Probably even has an honorary degree from Oxbridge (which he would have downloaded from the Internet).

You can get help you know, OTC, just tell your doctor the truth, or ask him to read your posts on these Forums - it would provide all the anecdotal evidence needed to get you on the right medication.
Look at this recent post on the Ecotricity forum from OTC:

“But what is fascinating is that currently FGR have played to an average of 4,953 supporters at away games. That tops the table :D

Overall average attendance is 3,872 [16th]”.

http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f= ... 2&start=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol: :lol: :lol:
The Old TomCat
“It’s worth bearing in mind that FGR has a global impact, with three billion people reached with our sustainability message in the last year and fan clubs in 20 different countries of the world.“

Latest data suggests four billion worldwide have some form of internet access. So Vince is claiming that 75% of global internet users have been reached by FGR’s sustainability message.

Plus £2.5million losses in 2016 - and they didn’t come close to contesting the title with us.
RCS,
I strongly suggest that you be very, very, VERY cautious in comparing CTFC to FGR.
Just look at the league table.
FGR are around the promotion mix and could very likely play League 1 football next season.
But Cheltenham NOT.
Also
FGR have had one bad season in past five while
Cheltenham have only had one good season in past five.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:

RCS,
I strongly suggest that you be very, very, VERY cautious in comparing CTFC to FGR.
Just look at the league table.
FGR are around the promotion mix and could very likely play League 1 football next season.
But Cheltenham NOT.
Also
FGR have had one bad season in past five while
Cheltenham have only had one good season in past five.
If you count losing two million quid and failing to get promoted as a good season.

Of course you are higher in the table. You lost another £2million or so after we came up and continue to outspend us. FGR’s losses over the last five or so years will probably be as much as the whole CTFC turnover during the period. No shame in finding yourself below big spenders in the table. The real shame should be felt by those losing almost £12million to get on the Football League.
Lord Elpuz
How much of Ecotricity’s dwindling profit is being pumped into Forest Green Rovers? The answer I have heard is “all of it”. There is real competition in the renewable energy sector and customers are being given increasing choice. Ecotricity are expensive and are not getting good customer feedback. Ecotricity cannot go on keeping their little vegan publicity plaything going indefinitely as it is sucking the life out of them. Enjoy your brief time in the limelight OTC, it will come to a shuddering halt soon enough and then you can return to being the lonely goatherd that you are, with nothing left to bleat about. The only fix you’ll get after that is the stuff that stops your dentures from falling out ;)
King giraffe iii
Lord Elpuz wrote:How much of Ecotricity’s dwindling profit is being pumped into Forest Green Rovers? The answer I have heard is “all of it”. There is real competition in the renewable energy sector and customers are being given increasing choice. Ecotricity are expensive and are not getting good customer feedback. Ecotricity cannot go on keeping their little vegan publicity plaything going indefinitely as it is sucking the life out of them. Enjoy your brief time in the limelight OTC, it will come to a shuddering halt soon enough and then you can return to being the lonely goatherd that you are, with nothing left to bleat about. The only fix you’ll get after that is the stuff that stops your dentures from falling out ;)
I recently switched to a renewables energy company and was stunned by the alternative quote from Ecotricity. Ridiculously expensive.
Lord Elpuz
Really pleased to hear of your genuine Green credentials Kgiii - and not being taken for a ride by the propaganda coming out of Nailsworth and nearby districts.

As OTC loves to ask people to prove their statements, ‘facts’ and true allegiances, let’s put OTC to the test, shall we?

OTC, as you have pledged your unswerving loyalty and allegiance to Dale Vince and his brands, is it safe to assume that you have taken Ecotricity as your Electricity and/or Gas supplier? Can you prove it, if in the affirmative? A nil response will be taken as your vote of no confidence in the Dale Vince brands and I will then personally write to Dale Vince to inform him he has a traitor in his midst. My humble apologies to you, of course, if you are able to prove Ecotricity is your sole power supplier.
The Old TomCat
Sprout Picker wrote: Is this bloke having a breakdown or something?! Jesus wept man, have you not got anything better to spend your time on?!
On another thread you said: "Got to agree Shade. Genuinely starting to think OTC needs professional help."

Sprout,
I can assure you that I am completely healthy in body and mind.
I admit I was a bit sick; sick of getting grief from my detractors because I always ensured I was correct and as the GOTCHA thread clearly shows it is them [not me] who needs professional help with their unpleasant OTT comments.
But I'm better than ever. You’ve heard the expression: 'laughter is the best medicine' and ‘he who laughs last, laughs the loudest’ It is me who is laughing the loudest. :lol:
The Old TomCat
If you count losing two million quid and failing to get promoted as a good season.

Of course you are higher in the table. You lost another £2million or so after we came up and continue to outspend us. FGR’s losses over the last five or so years will probably be as much as the whole CTFC turnover during the period. No shame in finding yourself below big spenders in the table. The real shame should be felt by those losing almost £12million to get on the Football League.
RCS,
It is called INVESTMENT and there is nothing illegal in that.
And now FGR are in the black it shows what a wise investment Dale Vince has made.
The Old TomCat
Lord Elpuz wrote:Really pleased to hear of your genuine Green credentials Kgiii - and not being taken for a ride by the propaganda coming out of Nailsworth and nearby districts.

As OTC loves to ask people to prove their statements, ‘facts’ and true allegiances, let’s put OTC to the test, shall we?

OTC, as you have pledged your unswerving loyalty and allegiance to Dale Vince and his brands, is it safe to assume that you have taken Ecotricity as your Electricity and/or Gas supplier? Can you prove it, if in the affirmative? A nil response will be taken as your vote of no confidence in the Dale Vince brands and I will then personally write to Dale Vince to inform him he has a traitor in his midst. My humble apologies to you, of course, if you are able to prove Ecotricity is your sole power supplier.
None of your business
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:
Lord Elpuz wrote:Really pleased to hear of your genuine Green credentials Kgiii - and not being taken for a ride by the propaganda coming out of Nailsworth and nearby districts.

None of your business
That will be a no then. No doubt OTC is fully fossil fuel powered for his home utilities, stocks up on cheap environment destroying meat, and has an old car in the upper quartile of GHG emissions per mile. He probably undoes all of FGR’s good work to reduce environmental impact singlehandedly.

As he admits above, he is only concerned by laws and not morals - saying there was nothing wrong with FGR massively outspending everyone and losing money hand over fist just because there was no FFP rules in the national league. Morally it is financial doping, but that is of no concern to OTC.

Get the quill and vellum ready Lord Elpuz!
Lord Elpuz
The Old TomCat wrote:

None of your business
Isn’t it incredible? When OTC feels he is in the right he retorts with a diatribe. How telling then that he is for once, stumped for words.

I simply have one further word for you on this subject, OTC:

GOTCHA !!!!!

[Note that OTC always makes it HIS BUSINESS to troll us on OUR Forum - the usual double standards therefore apply in his case - he also claims to be “brighter and smarter” than us. I think not.]
Ralph
If one of us trolled on their forum like he does on ours, he would have been banned months ago
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Lord Elpuz wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:

None of your business
Isn’t it incredible? When OTC feels he is in the right he retorts with a diatribe. How telling then that he is for once, stumped for words.

I simply have one further word for you on this subject, OTC:

GOTCHA !!!!!

[Note that OTC always makes it HIS BUSINESS to troll us on OUR Forum - the usual double standards therefore apply in his case - he also claims to be “brighter and smarter” than us. I think not.]
Give it a few months and he’ll reply with some wretched snivelling rant that barely makes any sense in which he claims victory in what contest he seems to think he is in and trying to win.
Sprout Picker
The Old TomCat wrote:
Sprout Picker wrote: Is this bloke having a breakdown or something?! Jesus wept man, have you not got anything better to spend your time on?!
On another thread you said: "Got to agree Shade. Genuinely starting to think OTC needs professional help."

Sprout,
I admit I was a bit sick; sick of getting grief from my detractors because I always ensured I was correct and as the GOTCHA thread clearly shows it is them [not me] who needs professional help with their unpleasant OTT comments.
But I'm better than ever. You’ve heard the expression: 'laughter is the best medicine' and ‘he who laughs last, laughs the loudest’ It is me who is laughing the loudest. :lol:
Really not sure that you are. There's help out there if you need it.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Lord Elpuz wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:

“But what is fascinating is that currently FGR have played to an average of 4,953 supporters at away games. That tops the table :D

http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f= ... 2&start=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ground Control to OTC. You still haven’t grasped attendance figures and I see you have deployed your usual tactic of ignoring posts where you called up on facts to lash out and attack on other fronts.
Lord Elpuz
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: Ground Control to OTC. You still haven’t grasped attendance figures and I see you have deployed your usual tactic of ignoring posts where you called up on facts to lash out and attack on other fronts.
Absolutely correct, RCS.

I believe we have proven beyond any doubt whatsoever, that the self-styled ‘genius’ of Stroud and Neighbouring Districts is not as bright and smart as he thinks. We’ve seen him off, RCS.

A little ode to the old fellow ...

Ground Control to Ginger Tom
Ground Control to Ginger Tom
Take your happy pills
and put your cloth-cap on

Ground Control to Ginger Tom, we’re
Awaiting a response, is your
Computer on?
Check your facts now
and may Dale’s love be with you

Ten, Nine, Eight, Seven, Six, Five, Four, Three, Two, One, CAPSoff

This is Nest Control
to Ginger Tom
You'll never make the grade
And the Nest members do not care
That it's time to leave the New Lawn
if you dare

This is Ginger Tom to Nest Control
I've fallen through the floor
And I'm behaving
in a most peculiar way
And the Forum’s look very challenging today

For here
Am I sitting on my lone-some
Far from reality
FGR play in green
And I cannot vent my spleen

Though I'm past it
one hundred thousand times
I'm feeling very ill
And I think my psychiatrist knows which way I should go
Tell my imaginary friend Dale I love him very much ...
“He knows” (but doesn’t give a damn, as you don’t get your supply from Ecotricity)

Nest Control to Ginger Tom
Your now brain dead,
there's something wrong
Can you hear us Ginger Tom?
Can you....

Here am I floating
round my headspace
Far above my bed
No more black and white
That’s why Forest Green are sh!te
asl
I'm tempted to lock this here and now and give His Lordship some kind of award... :)
Lord Elpuz
asl wrote:I'm tempted to lock this here and now and give His Lordship some kind of award... :)
Can we ban OTC? That would be a very fitting award 8-)
The Old TomCat
Ralph wrote:If one of us trolled on their forum like he does on ours, he would have been banned months ago
Ralph,

Nesters should bear in mind that without doubt you are the worst unmitigated unprincipled member of TRN.
RCS and Lord E are bad enough stirrers but you are twice as bad as they are together.
At least they have not threatened to stop supporting Cheltenham when the team suffered a bad run of results.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . .
I’ll remind all that I’ve been a member of TRN since 2012 and for years was quietly poodling along under the radar when Ralph asked me a set of deviously disguised innocently sounding questions which in my naive innocence I fully and truthfully answered. Ralph corrupted my answers to create a furore that unleashed TRN’s dogs of war on me and which continues to date.

Ralph then has the confounded impertinence to claim that I am trolling when it is him who is solely responsible for the unrest in TRN. I do NOT troll but respond to anti-FGR propaganda.

It is Ralph who should be banned, not me.
The Old TomCat
Sprout Picker wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:

Sprout,
Really not sure that you are. There's help out there if you need it.
Sprout,
Please show your official medical certificates before you next start offering medical opinions
Your posts are becoming repetitious and tiresome, almost bordering on harassment.
I have already stated that I am healthy in body and mind.
Because I have proven that I am doggedly persistent in righting injustices and correcting false statements on TRN does in no way indicate any medical weakness on my part. In fact it shows the complete reverse in that I have strength and intelligence.
Stop harassing me – OKAY.
The Old TomCat

Ground Control to OTC. You still haven’t grasped attendance figures and I see you have deployed your usual tactic of ignoring posts where you called up on facts to lash out and attack on other fronts.[/quote]

RCS,
Big deal.
But you opened the door for me to legitimately state that FGR’s average home attendances has increased to 2,703 and they are now the 19th best supported team at home in EFL2 – one place above Cheltenham whose average is 30 less at 2,673.
Sprout Picker
The Old TomCat wrote:
Sprout Picker wrote: Really not sure that you are. There's help out there if you need it.
Sprout,
Please show your official medical certificates before you next start offering medical opinions
Your posts are becoming repetitious and tiresome, almost bordering on harassment.
I have already stated that I am healthy in body and mind.
Because I have proven that I am doggedly persistent in righting injustices and correcting false statements on TRN does in no way indicate any medical weakness on my part. In fact it shows the complete reverse in that I have strength and intelligence.
Stop harassing me – OKAY.
There's only one thing around here that's becoming repetitious and tiresome.

For God's sake Turn Coat give it a bloody rest and go and find something else to do with your time. :roll:
andgarod
quote otc Your posts are becoming repetitious and tiresome, almost bordering on harassment end quote

You are on the nest you pillock , no one forces you to come on here and read the posts and wind up posters on here
I used to accept that you can come on here and spout your rubbish but it would be a kindness to you and the other posters if you were given a temporary ban say until 2039 - not the time but the year

I also noticed that you have a problem with dogs and dogging is that because you are a cat or is another of those pastimes you get up to

Why dont you give it a rest for a while
All you do is bring it on your self so I suggest you take a long walk off a short pier and that the mods here treat you the way we are treat on the FGR forum

Over to the mods
plymrob
Arseholes - all.

Come on you mods...