Liam McAlinden

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Loaned out for an initial month: http://bit.ly/LoanSwitchMcAlinden" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I assume if successful we will look to see it made permanent in January?
kiaora84
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:I assume if successful we will look to see it made permanent in January?
Got to be just for game time. Hes on a 2 year deal. Surely he isn’t going to walk away from that to go part time and play for Brackley Town on a permanent basis.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
kiaora84 wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:I assume if successful we will look to see it made permanent in January?
Got to be just for game time. Hes on a 2 year deal. Surely he isn’t going to walk away from that to go part time and play for Brackley Town on a permanent basis.
True. Could be an excise in shop windowing. If he does well in the National North then a decent Conference side might be tempted. And if not then as you say we have a player with more game time under his belt.
Robin
I would say it's good news but surely he's not that bad is he considering he was a regular at Exeter. I can't imagine Brackley are paying much towards his wages either but at least he gets some game time.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:I would say it's good news but surely he's not that bad is he considering he was a regular at Exeter. I can't imagine Brackley are paying much towards his wages either but at least he gets some game time.
Ha. When he signed you said he was not league standard and didn’t do anything at Exeter to warrant us signing him!
Robin
I don't think I said that RCS, go back and check. I did however highly question the signing and say he's not what we needed.
horlickfanclub
He has some clever touches and is good enough but not everyone can play.As said above ,he needs games.