Ryan Broom

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

longmover
From what i've seen (since coming back from his injury) its taking him 45 mins to actually make any mark on a game, is this down to instruction or tactics? Or is there something else?
paperboy
longmover wrote:From what i've seen (since coming back from his injury) its taking him 45 mins to actually make any mark on a game, is this down to instruction or tactics? Or is there something else?
Well it's bound to be "something else" :-)

Let's start with " my mate who lives in Bristol knows his brother and he said that Man City want to sign him so he doesn't want to get injured".

You heard it here.
Shade
I don't think it's tactics because he's more of a natural winger rather than a full-back than Hussey, and Hussey is bombing on down the wing and doing great. Broom is getting to a point, looking afraid to take the full back on, and laying it sideways or backwards most of the time. I don't know if it's maybe a mental thing from his injury where he thinks he's lost a bit of pace and won't get past them, or he's tried to take on full-backs a few times and lost the ball and the opposition have countered, so now he's playing too safe, or maybe he's afraid of getting injured again. Whatever it is, he looks like he's playing with fear.
Nesty
i cannot see him being here next season
Robin
Yep looks fairly certain that he's off but at least Long is almost fit to play right wing back now.
THECHOIRBOY
I am not being difficult but has anything been said to make it look like he is leaving. We know he's been watched.

Yes he's out of form compared to earlier in the season but I'd imagine this is the most first team football he's played in one season and was coming back from injury.

Duff has said no contracts are being sorted until we are safe. I may have missed something though as not been around much!
horlickfanclub
He has regular football and unless a club with a bigger budget offers compensation he is as likely to be here as anyone. You haven't missed anything Choirboy.
I-Love-CTFC
Broom had his head turned by Burton Albion last month. I doubt he'll be here next season.
Benctfc
There were rumours Burton were interested but obviously didn't follow through. Surely if he knows he is being watched by bigger clubs that is more of an incentive to impress and keep performing especially as he will be a free agent come the Summer.

I expect it is a case of simply losing form and a bit of confidence it happens to players at this level. If they performed conistently they wouldn't be at this level.
Shade
He was a bit better on Saturday, albeit he wasn't up against much.