Register    Login    Search    FAQ



CTFC.com Official Site Cheltenham Town FC 500 Club

Other Useful Links:     Leo's Blog    Robins Trust    CTFC Chatter    Football Ground Guide    This is Gloucestershire    News Now    CTFC History Site

Board index » THE NEST » CTFC CHAT ONLY




 Page 2 of 2 [ 67 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2



Author Message
 Post subject: Re: CTFC Crowdfunder
 Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021, 20:27 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 13:02
Posts: 11995
Location: Cheltenhamshire
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Why not? It's all for the same cause. And you get a physical ticket.


Top  Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
 Post subject: Re: CTFC Crowdfunder
 Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021, 20:42 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 22 Jul 2011, 09:09
Posts: 1860
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Why not just join forces with the existing one? It just seems silly to have two and could lead to some confusion.

It also seems silly that someone might have donated £1,000, £500 or £250 (or any amount £10 or over for that matter) but won't get a programme or whatever because they didn't go through the clunky website virtual ticket option even though the money ends up in the same place?

As I said, there is huge momentum and publicity behind the 1887 one and there was no need to piggyback.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: CTFC Crowdfunder
 Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021, 21:06 
Offline

Joined: 06 Jan 2010, 12:00
Posts: 1067
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 0 time
I guess the club may already have had something planned and this one was done off the cuff beforehand without discussing it with the club.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: CTFC Crowdfunder
 Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021, 21:11 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 05 Jan 2018, 08:08
Posts: 1754
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
The clubs offer answers the question some have raised re it would be good to get an actual ticket to mark the occasion. No reason why the two can not co-exist. Especially as the funds end up in the same place.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: CTFC Crowdfunder
 Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021, 21:45 
Offline

Joined: 28 Dec 2009, 20:36
Posts: 2101
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Shade wrote:
Why not? It's all for the same cause. And you get a physical ticket.


Not physical. The ticket is delivered via email, along with a programme and team-sheet I think. Both are good initiatives and should raise a decent amount of money, which we need.
Maybe a pre-season friendly with reduced prices for City fans would be a good payback for their support


Top 
 Post subject: Re: CTFC Crowdfunder
 Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021, 21:52 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 12:26
Posts: 12548
Location: The Death Star.
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 0 time
Artemis wrote:
Shade wrote:
Why not? It's all for the same cause. And you get a physical ticket.


Not physical. The ticket is delivered via email, along with a programme and team-sheet I think. Both are good initiatives and should raise a decent amount of money, which we need.
Maybe a pre-season friendly with reduced prices for City fans would be a good payback for their support


Good suggestion regarding a potential friendly.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: CTFC Crowdfunder
 Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021, 21:52 
Offline

Joined: 17 Aug 2013, 16:33
Posts: 317
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
The crowdfunded one is , in my view , the best for wider publicity and contribution.
(A) millions of folks are already set up on the platform, it’s one click donate .
(B) social media integration makes it easier to share and go viral ( apologies for the irony of the analogy)
(C) is easier to find than CTFC www
(D) the site is designed to encourage donation, with the feedback of the current status . Buying on CTFC is a bit of a black hole. Think of the old blue Peter fundraiser ‘omelet’..

Having said that , as a fan already set up on CTFC ticketing, I went with that .

Let’s hope this all really helps the club pull through .


Top 
 Post subject: Re: CTFC Crowdfunder
 Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021, 21:57 
Offline

Joined: 28 Dec 2009, 20:36
Posts: 2101
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
To be fair to the CTFC official site, they also are promoting the 1887 Red Army initiative. Perhaps targeting slightly different audience segments - albeit with plenty of overlap


Top 
 Post subject: Re: CTFC Crowdfunder
 Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021, 22:06 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 03:27
Posts: 23129
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
I would hope those who have donated to the 1887 crowdfunder do get something. There are CTFC fans who have donated, and some a fair bit more than £10. It is a shame for them to miss out on the programme and ticket etc.

Can a programme and team sheet also be sent out to those who donated on the crowdfunder using the email they registered with on their? Or does that contravene data protection.

I will personally sign up to the Club one for the programme, ticket and team sheet - but I have not Marr a sizeable donation on the crowdfunder so won’t be out of pocket and I think the ticket etc is a nice thing to do and worth paying for.

Perhaps the Club one could have been called a ‘match pack’ or something like that to avoid confusion over multiple things called ‘virtual’.

I agree with Artemis to an extent...the crowdfunder is geared towards football fans in general and Man City fans. The Club one is more for CTFC fans (although some have contributed to the former).


Top 
 Post subject: Re: CTFC Crowdfunder
 Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021, 23:43 
Offline

Joined: 03 Feb 2015, 00:13
Posts: 420
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
CTFC getting a lot of stick on Twitter for launching their own virtual tickets after the 1887 Red Army - not sure this is fair. In all likelihood the club had planned this from the start and it's just a case of a lack of communication between the two. No reason they can't coexist, as I'm sure a lot of our fans already registered to the online ticket office will be happy with the ease of the official option, while the Crowdfunder appeals more to the social media generation and fans of City and other teams.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: CTFC Crowdfunder
 Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021, 08:16 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 03:27
Posts: 23129
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
CTFCfan99 wrote:
CTFC getting a lot of stick on Twitter for launching their own virtual tickets after the 1887 Red Army - not sure this is fair. In all likelihood the club had planned this from the start and it's just a case of a lack of communication between the two. No reason they can't coexist, as I'm sure a lot of our fans already registered to the online ticket office will be happy with the ease of the official option, while the Crowdfunder appeals more to the social media generation and fans of City and other teams.


So if any of our fans already donated to the 1887 Crowdfunder, do you think they should be entitled to a programme, ticket and team sheet, or do you think they should also pay another £10?

I would have branded the Club offer as a ‘match pack’ as per my last post, and maybe have a £5 option. This would mean those who have already paid £10, or hundreds of pounds in some cases, would be more likely to buy a match pack on top of their existing donation.

I can understand the confusion and criticism but also understand the need for the Club to do their own official offer - I think the Club offer is great and look forward to the virtual ticket etc.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: CTFC Crowdfunder
 Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021, 12:49 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 05 Jan 2018, 08:08
Posts: 1754
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Hubert Parry wrote:
The club has just launched its own. I'm not sure that was the most sensible idea given the momentum and publicity of the existing one.


Just purchased my seats on CTFC. Does anyone know is there a way of 'viewing' how the ground id filling up? I.E. how many seats sold?


Top 
 Post subject: Re: CTFC Crowdfunder
 Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021, 15:54 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 13:02
Posts: 11995
Location: Cheltenhamshire
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
"For £10 we'll send you on the day of the game:

- a digital programme
- official teamsheet
- and souvenir ticket"

How do you get a digital "souvenir" ticket??? That's hardly something to keep for the future - just something else cluttering up my inbox. Physical or gtfo imo. Fwiw, that was going to be the difference between where my money goes, tbh. Ow, nm.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: CTFC Crowdfunder
 Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021, 15:58 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 05 Jan 2018, 08:08
Posts: 1754
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Shade wrote:
"For £10 we'll send you on the day of the game:

- a digital programme
- official teamsheet
- and souvenir ticket"

How do you get a digital "souvenir" ticket??? That's hardly something to keep for the future - just something else cluttering up my inbox. Physical or gtfo imo. Fwiw, that was going to be the difference between where my money goes, tbh. Ow, nm.

very true, I believe tickets should be printed as per usual, even if they are held until all this is over and we can get back to the ground again. Think it would be a much better 'reward' and can't believe it would cost much to run off, especially as no seat allocation or anything similar required. In saying that went down the CTFC route anyway, only because it was just as easy and I did the other one for Mansfield


Top 
 Post subject: Re: CTFC Crowdfunder
 Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021, 17:07 
Offline

Joined: 27 Jun 2012, 09:23
Posts: 1226
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Well I’ve just brought two seat tickets through the club website.
Sell 2,000 at a tenner each would bring in another £20k.
All helps.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: CTFC Crowdfunder
 Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021, 17:43 
Offline

Joined: 28 Dec 2009, 20:36
Posts: 2101
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Shade wrote:
"For £10 we'll send you on the day of the game:

- a digital programme
- official teamsheet
- and souvenir ticket"

How do you get a digital "souvenir" ticket??? That's hardly something to keep for the future - just something else cluttering up my inbox. Physical or gtfo imo. Fwiw, that was going to be the difference between where my money goes, tbh. Ow, nm.


It is a shame they haven't offered for an extra £1 or 2, an option to post the physical tickets out. Maybe its logistically too much for what must be the bare minimum staff to do. And understand that if that's the case, and I can see why the club wouldn't want a collection option at this time.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: CTFC Crowdfunder
 Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021, 17:52 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 13:02
Posts: 11995
Location: Cheltenhamshire
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
There would be no rush to get them out before the game, though.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: CTFC Crowdfunder
 Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021, 18:09 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 03:27
Posts: 23129
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Let’s wait for the result....if we win then maybe they can print tickets and send them out for another £10 a go!

Only downside then would be that the seat number for my virtual ticket is nowhere near my actual seat, so a physical ticket would be slightly odd - though I guess that adds more to the novelty factor.

Maybe I would try and seek out whoever had my actual seat and try and swap!


Top 
 Post subject: Re: CTFC Crowdfunder
 Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021, 18:13 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 05 Jan 2018, 08:08
Posts: 1754
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Let’s wait for the result....if we win then maybe they can print tickets and send them out for another £10 a go!

Only downside then would be that the seat number for my virtual ticket is nowhere near my actual seat, so a physical ticket would be slightly odd - though I guess that adds more to the novelty factor.

Maybe I would try and seek out whoever had my actual seat and try and swap!

stalker alert


Top 
 Post subject: Re: CTFC Crowdfunder
 Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021, 18:51 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 03:27
Posts: 23129
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Ihearye wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Let’s wait for the result....if we win then maybe they can print tickets and send them out for another £10 a go!

Only downside then would be that the seat number for my virtual ticket is nowhere near my actual seat, so a physical ticket would be slightly odd - though I guess that adds more to the novelty factor.

Maybe I would try and seek out whoever had my actual seat and try and swap!

stalker alert


It would likely take a Sherlock Holmes effort to track down!


Top 
 Post subject: Re: CTFC Crowdfunder
 Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021, 22:17 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 03:27
Posts: 23129
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Wow, I see on the 1887 Crowdunder both the £1000 ‘virtual match sponsor’ and £500 ‘virtual match ball sponsor’ have been taken.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: CTFC Crowdfunder
 Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021, 22:44 
Offline

Joined: 09 Jan 2021, 17:31
Posts: 6
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Evening all,

Just a quick update regarding the 1887 Red Army Crowdfunder.

At the time of writing we have raised a massive £20,400 for the club which is phenomenal and will go a massive way to helping out during these difficult times and hopefully give us a good push in the second half of the season.

As expected it is quietening down a bit now but we will continue to push it abs hopefully it will pick back up again in the days before the match.

Thank you to all that have donated and supported!


Top 
 Post subject: Re: CTFC Crowdfunder
 Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021, 00:22 
Online

Joined: 26 Dec 2012, 17:27
Posts: 1268
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
1887RedArmy wrote:
Evening all,

Just a quick update regarding the 1887 Red Army Crowdfunder.

At the time of writing we have raised a massive £20,400 for the club which is phenomenal and will go a massive way to helping out during these difficult times and hopefully give us a good push in the second half of the season.

As expected it is quietening down a bit now but we will continue to push it abs hopefully it will pick back up again in the days before the match.

Thank you to all that have donated and supported!


Well done young man. :)


Top 
 Post subject: Re: CTFC Crowdfunder
 Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021, 11:46 
Offline

Joined: 19 May 2015, 18:31
Posts: 768
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
just needs bumping
almost 23K well done
https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/cheltenha ... ents#start


Top 
 Post subject: Re: CTFC Crowdfunder
 Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021, 12:16 
Online

Joined: 26 Dec 2012, 17:27
Posts: 1268
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Bump again. 25.5k at the mo,well done lads and lasses.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: CTFC Crowdfunder
 Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021, 13:04 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2011, 09:17
Posts: 5860
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Hubert Parry wrote:
Why not just join forces with the existing one? It just seems silly to have two and could lead to some confusion.

It also seems silly that someone might have donated £1,000, £500 or £250 (or any amount £10 or over for that matter) but won't get a programme or whatever because they didn't go through the clunky website virtual ticket option even though the money ends up in the same place?

As I said, there is huge momentum and publicity behind the 1887 one and there was no need to piggyback.


I didnt donate silly money but did donate to both due to confusion


Top 
 Post subject: Re: CTFC Crowdfunder
 Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021, 13:05 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2011, 09:17
Posts: 5860
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
any idea how much has been taken on the official ticket sales ?


Top 
 Post subject: Re: CTFC Crowdfunder
 Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021, 23:56 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 05 Jan 2018, 08:08
Posts: 1754
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
irrespective of the final amount raised. The generosity and support given by the Man City fans is nothing short of amazing. Special people and hopefully a bond that lasts


Top 
 Post subject: Re: CTFC Crowdfunder
 Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021, 21:01 
Offline

Joined: 27 Jun 2012, 09:23
Posts: 1226
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Well done to everybody involved with the organisation of the fundraising and to all those who contributed.
A magnificent effort.
But what’s happened to the Robins Trust “Protect the Robins” scheme? All gone quiet?


Top 
 Post subject: Re: CTFC Crowdfunder
 Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021, 21:07 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 03:27
Posts: 23129
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Nesty wrote:
any idea how much has been taken on the official ticket sales ?


Last I saw this morning the club said that the Colin Farmer was sold out and the Hazlewoods nearly was. So if we got 3,000 that’s £30k.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: CTFC Crowdfunder
 Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021, 08:41 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 22 Dec 2009, 12:36
Posts: 228
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Fuller wrote:
Well done to everybody involved with the organisation of the fundraising and to all those who contributed.
A magnificent effort.
But what’s happened to the Robins Trust “Protect the Robins” scheme? All gone quiet?


Hey Fuller and all,
We are still on the case, and looking to launch very soon. We did investigate bringing the launch forward when we drew Man City, but when we saw that our friends at the 1887 Red Army had launched a specific fund raising effort for that game, we pulled back and threw our support behind that.
We are going to give you all a couple of weeks break/rest, before we announce anything more.

Stay safe everyone, and in the current circumstances, stay warm too :)

Dave


Top 
 Post subject: Re: CTFC Crowdfunder
 Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021, 15:18 
Online

Joined: 26 Dec 2012, 17:27
Posts: 1268
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
I think that's a wise decision Dave.


Top 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
 Page 2 of 2 [ 67 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2




Board index » THE NEST » CTFC CHAT ONLY


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], HamTown, joes dad, Joey, little mo and 15 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: