Cureton to sign

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Robin
Not sure just had a text from someone saying exactly that.
Joey
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Robin wrote:Deal for cureton expected to be sealed ´shortly' apparently.
So if 'imminent' means more than two weeks, does 'shortly' mean some time by 2014?
Maybe they're operating on Valve time.

So expect 'shortly' to be in six months time.
asl
Joey wrote:Maybe they're operating on Valve time.
That's quite funny! :lol:
Uppy
Half life 3 is imminent!
RTT
He is on holiday in Egypt.
CTFC03
Portsmouth are interested.
Robin
Link? I would worry pompey could gazzump us although he lives in bristol and may not want to uproot for a one year deal anyway.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:Link? I would worry pompey could gazzump us although he lives in bristol and may not want to uproot for a one year deal anyway.
No more than two hours drive so would not be much of an uproot. But yes, Cheltenham would be easier and make more sense in that respect.
paperboy
A one year deal with an appearance trigger for a second would make even more appeal for the player.

Plenty of other fish in the sea anyway.
CTFC03
Football Agent CJ on Twitter: The future of Jamie Cureton is still unknown. Cheltenham look favourites for the striker but Portsmouth have taken interest #pompey #ctfc

Hope the last part is drivel.
Joey
CTFC03 wrote:Football Agent CJ on Twitter: The future of Jamie Cureton is still unknown. Cheltenham look favourites for the striker but Portsmouth have taken interest #pompey #ctfc

Hope the last part is drivel.
When your source is Twitter, unless it's somebody like Jon Palmer or the official club account, it's probably BS.
asl
Joey wrote:When your source is Twitter, unless it's somebody like Jon Palmer or the official club account, it's probably BS.
Scroll right back up to the very top of this thread...go on...page 1...first post...
Joey
asl wrote:
Joey wrote:When your source is Twitter, unless it's somebody like Jon Palmer or the official club account, it's probably BS.
Scroll right back up to the very top of this thread...go on...page 1...first post...
As I said, unless it's somebody like Jon Palmer.
asl
So was Circa lying when he said JP had tweeted that Cureton had signed a one-year deal? I have no way of checking.
Joey
asl wrote:So was Circa lying when he said JP had tweeted that Cureton had signed a one-year deal? I have no way of checking.
You could look at Jon Palmer's Twitter.
asl
I wouldn't know how to, I'm afraid. So JP tweeted nothing of the sort, is that what you're saying? Apologies, then. My point was that I believe nothing until it is officially confirmed. Yes, [gasp] - I even pay scant attention to the likes of Koz and Robin's sources. MH and JP do have more verifiable sources, I admit - but unless PG has done the paperwork, even 'dead certs' can be derailed at the last minute.
MarkHalliwell
JP never said he had signed, but that he had agreed terms on a deal.
Circa 1887
Jon Palmer tweeted "Cheltenham Town to complete signing of veteran goalscorer Jamie Cuerton on one-year deal". That was on 30 May.

The following day, he referenced it again, mentioning that Yates was meeting with another transfer target having secured Cuerton.

I don't believe anyone is fibbing - things like this just take time in the Summer. Be patient.
Circa 1887
JP's twitter feed - to avoid confusion:

https://twitter.com/JPEchoRobins" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
asl
I'm completely patient and relaxed that MY will sign the players he thinks are right for the team, thanks. And that'll be without any help from the Nest, oddly. I'm trying to point out that, no matter who tweets or prints in the paper or hears from a guy who knows the sister of a cleaner who overheard a conversation in Starbucks, no signings are actually made before the club (usually via PG) says they are. Until that happens, it's all idle speculation and I have no idea why people get excited about it. It's the same every year...
Circa 1887
I agree....but equally, I trust JP as he's a very credible journalist.
Fuller
Circa 1887 wrote:JP's twitter feed - to avoid confusion:

As it hasn't been updated for a week one presumes he has gone off on his hols ?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Bridgewater Town official twitter feed another reliable source.

If agents are tweeting i suspect cureton's is fishing for a bigger pay day.
Seefacts
Fuller wrote:
Circa 1887 wrote:JP's twitter feed - to avoid confusion:

As it hasn't been updated for a week one presumes he has gone off on his hols ?
JP is on holiday, yes.
Hubert Parry
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Bridgewater Town official twitter feed another reliable source.

Bridgwater. ;)

Agents on twitter are always to be met with suspicion. A friend of mine at University set up a joke twitter account pretending to be an agent. Quite amusing watching him tweet total c!#p and seeing him cited as a source on football forums.
Circa 1887
Agree with those comments HP, largely people fishing for attention or laughs.

We'll see soon enough whether Jon Palmer was right on this one. I know what I'd put my money on.
Robin
I am certain jp was correct but sometimes these things get delayed or fall through at the last moment.
MarkHalliwell
I reckon we'll know what's happening by the weekend.
Fuller
MarkHalliwell wrote:I reckon we'll know what's happening by the weekend.
Is that when JP is back from his hols ?
MarkHalliwell
Don't know Fuller. The Echo do have other staff who can report on things.
My hunch (and I stress, a hunch - I do not have 'inside info' nor am I 'in the know' on this) is that the deal was sorted before Cureton went on his holidays. This was two weeks ago today, so I suspect after a two-week break he will come back and sign it.
Just a theory.
baggy89
Hubert Parry wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Bridgewater Town official twitter feed another reliable source.

Bridgwater. ;)

Agents on twitter are always to be met with suspicion. A friend of mine at University set up a joke twitter account pretending to be an agent. Quite amusing watching him tweet total c!#p and seeing him cited as a source on football forums.
Christ. I'm glad that part of my life was nigh on 20 years ago if that's what passes as amusing, in student circles nowadays.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
baggy89 wrote:
Hubert Parry wrote:

Bridgwater. ;)

Christ. I'm glad that part of my life was nigh on 20 years ago if that's what passes as amusing, in student circles nowadays.
It's more the fault of the gullible fools who believe what they read on social media, rather than those who find enjoyment mocking the less intelligent.
Chelt Luke in Glos
MarkHalliwell wrote:Don't know Fuller. The Echo do have other staff who can report on things.
My hunch (and I stress, a hunch - I do not have 'inside info' nor am I 'in the know' on this) is that the deal was sorted before Cureton went on his holidays. This was two weeks ago today, so I suspect after a two-week break he will come back and sign it.
Just a theory.
Nothing on Cheltenham in the echo all week last week
Dhansak
Chelt Luke in Glos wrote:
Probably because there was nothing to report.
Nesty
Dhansak wrote:
Chelt Luke in Glos wrote:
Probably because there was nothing to report.
It mentioned Liz Hurley twice. Cat stuck up a tree........... and two dead donkeys.