Cureton to sign

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Nesty
Have to say that JP does an admirable job and if he printed it then he must have had a reason
Ralph
Bring back DG thats what i say :)
Uppy
I hear that JP's source was football-rumours.co.uk. ;)
MarkHalliwell
Jon would not make these things up!!!
Chelt Luke in Glos
http://www.thisisdevon.co.uk/m-sorry-Cu ... z2VX72ek2a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It seems he may eventually sign in the next few days...
Uppy
I think people were just having a laugh, Mark. Nobody genuinely believes that JP invented the story. That's what the nationals do.
asl
Uppy wrote:I think people were just having a laugh, Mark. Nobody genuinely believes that JP invented the story. That's what the nationals do.
And people on this board. Maybe that's where the confusion comes from.
C.V
Some people do take everything to heart about the club a bit sad really
Nesty
C.V wrote:Some people do take everything to heart about the club a bit sad really
Dont understand Kev - if something is printed in the Echo do we ignore it?
C.V
Nesty wrote:
C.V wrote:Some people do take everything to heart about the club a bit sad really

No not that Nesty......... but heaven forbid anyone who questions anything about the club,the players or the Manager that is not to be tolerated, and will be looked down upon and treated with complent.
Slothar
C.V wrote:
Nesty wrote:

No not that Nesty......... but heaven forbid anyone who questions anything about the club,the players or the Manager that is not to be tolerated, and will be looked down upon and treated with complent.
Spot on CV, as balanced and reasonable as ever. I can't bear it when people are treated with complent because they venture a negative opinion about the club, players or manager. They way that complent is dished out, well for me, it is complently out of order.
C.V
Oh deary me so sorry for the typo saddo :roll: guess it rocked your boat as its not the first time you have had a dig at me.
everyman
Nesty wrote:there's more activity in a Nuns knickers !! - only kidding - Yatesie always comes through with the goods.
Are Nuns in the" Habit" wearing knickers ?
Nesty
everyman wrote:
Nesty wrote:there's more activity in a Nuns knickers !! - only kidding - Yatesie always comes through with the goods.
Are Nuns in the" Habit" wearing knickers ?
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Anyone else getting more nervous with each day that passes without Cureton photographed in Ruby colours with a scarf of matching hue held aloft?
Shade
Not really. Wasn't excited to start with, so even harder to get nervous about it now :P
CTFC03
I just hope that he is on holiday and not sat at home waiting for a better offer from another club.
51/84
Agree with Shade hopeful could be a good signing , perhaps not.
If he does not sign we will never know and move on to the next target
taxidave
I have been on holiday for a week and did not realise that Cureton had not actually put pen to paper. Oddly enough I was told he had signed by a CTFC fan who recognised me on Fort William railway station last wednesday so I assumed that it was all signed and sealed. However as others have already said I am not unduly worried either way as I was a little bit concerned about his age and ability to last a whole season and despite the fact that he managed to do so last season it would be just our luck that this season he would be plagued by injuries.
paperboy
taxidave wrote:I have been on holiday for a week and did not realise that Cureton had not actually put pen to paper. Oddly enough I was told he had signed by a CTFC fan who recognised me on Fort William railway station last wednesday so I assumed that it was all signed and sealed. However as others have already said I am not unduly worried either way as I was a little bit concerned about his age and ability to last a whole season and despite the fact that he managed to do so last season it would be just our luck that this season he would be plagued by injuries.
Is that the same Fort William that featured in Laramie?
Coops
paperboy wrote:
taxidave wrote:I have been on holiday for a week and did not realise that Cureton had not actually put pen to paper. Oddly enough I was told he had signed by a CTFC fan who recognised me on Fort William railway station last wednesday so I assumed that it was all signed and sealed. However as others have already said I am not unduly worried either way as I was a little bit concerned about his age and ability to last a whole season and despite the fact that he managed to do so last season it would be just our luck that this season he would be plagued by injuries.
Is that the same Fort William that featured in Laramie?
Yes, that's the one - in the Wild West Highlands
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Oban to Fort William cycle route is lovely. Lots of new paths and bridges.

The in-laws moved their yacht up there a fortnight ago so hopefully I'll be visiting the area a lot more.
Fuller
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:The Oban to Fort William cycle route is lovely. Lots of new paths and bridges.

The in-laws moved their yacht up there a fortnight ago so hopefully I'll be visiting the area a lot more.
Always handy when the in-laws have got a yacht.
Chelt Luke in Glos
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Anyone else getting more nervous with each day that passes without Cureton photographed in Ruby colours?
Its ridiculous! only at this club would such a deal not be finalised for over a week :roll:
Hubert Parry
Received a tweet from James Brown (media wizard) stating: Work ongoing behind the scenes but nothing 100% agreed with any player right now. We'll announce when anything is official.

Sit back, relax, and enjoy.
Chelt Luke in Glos
Hubert Parry wrote:Received a tweet from James Brown (media wizard) stating: Work ongoing behind the scenes but nothing 100% agreed with any player right now. We'll announce when anything is official.

Sit back, relax, and enjoy.
Thank you for putting my mind at ease
RED ROB
Yes and me ! there was I thinking the Echo, Twitter etc had told me we were signing a striker and was being announced the following day. :lol: :lol: :lol:
leohoenig
RED ROB wrote:Yes and me ! there was I thinking the Echo, Twitter etc had told me we were signing a striker and was being announced the following day. :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Echo, Twitter, and everything else....except the Football Club.
Malabus
Get Mart back at the club..
See some quality being signed then..
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
His signings I do admit were of Heinz quality - 57 varieties.

When does pre-season start? Can't be more than a month away?
Joey
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:His signings I do admit were of Heinz quality - 57 varieties.

When does pre-season start? Can't be more than a month away?
It's the 27th I believe.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Does not leave too long to get a squad together.
paperboy
leohoenig wrote:
RED ROB wrote:Yes and me ! there was I thinking the Echo, Twitter etc had told me we were signing a striker and was being announced the following day. :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Echo, Twitter, and everything else....except the Football Club.
Isn't Paul Baker part of the football club!

"I'd love to announce this signing today (oddly enough just before the early bird offer deadline) , believe me but I'can't."

Imminent to me implies in a matter of days,not weeks.
Robin
Deal for cureton expected to be sealed ´shortly' apparently.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:Deal for cureton expected to be sealed ´shortly' apparently.
So if 'imminent' means more than two weeks, does 'shortly' mean some time by 2014?