Friendly against GCFC on July 20...

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ralph
has been arranged.. we could always tar and feather Neil on the halfway line at half time for entertainment :lol:
Malabus
To play the might of the rubies on Saturday 20th July. I will be in Belgrade :cry:
Malabus
My title is more imaginative with a whole lot of truth in it.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Beautiful - I'm down for the cricket that week so can make this match!
Ralph
Malabus wrote:My title is more imaginative with a whole lot of truth in it.
maybe so :lol: i posted mine first though :)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shall we send a bucket collection around in front of the Gloucester fans to collect rent money?
Powelly
Will gloucester have more players than supporters there? This is probably their biggest game of the season.
Ralph
we should offer discounted season ticket applications to all GCFC supporters to watch the mighty rubies instead that day
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:we should offer discounted season ticket applications to all GCFC supporters to watch the mighty rubies instead that day
Great call.

Need to come with a catchy one liner - similar sentiment to the 'Welcome to Manchester' Tevez/City banner.
MarkHalliwell
Let the nonsense begin. Roll on July 21 when it's all over.
Malabus
We will show their 10 Gloucester fans what elite soccer they are missing out on. I can only envisage 10+ goals against their park defence. Sorry make that 9 Gloucester fans, Daveangel is on holiday.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
MarkHalliwell wrote:Let the nonsense begin. Roll on July 21 when it's all over.
Yawn.
taxidave
MarkHalliwell wrote:Let the nonsense begin. Roll on July 21 when it's all over.
You really do seem to be in a bad mood these days Mark, what is the problem or is it personal.
MarkHalliwell
I'm fine thanks Dave. Just dislike all this nonsense that always surrounds a game with Gloucester.
No doubt it will be excused as (that horrible word) banter but I find it all very unnecessary and pointless.
It's a meaningless pre-season friendly.
taxidave
MarkHalliwell wrote:I'm fine thanks Dave. Just dislike all this nonsense that always surrounds a game with Gloucester.
No doubt it will be excused as (that horrible word) banter but I find it all very unnecessary and pointless.
But I am sure you will be there.
MarkHalliwell
No doubt about it...!
asl
MarkHalliwell wrote:I'm fine thanks Dave. Just dislike all this nonsense that always surrounds a game with Gloucester.
I bet you really like Luton Town, deep down, too...?
MarkHalliwell
asl wrote:
I bet you really like Luton Town, deep down, too...?

Who?
51/84
are we home or away, as usually we travel to the smaller club
who gets the takings
MarkHalliwell
Home, 50-50 split
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
51/84 wrote:are we home or away, as usually we travel to the smaller club
who gets the takings
One would hope 100% of the takings came directly to CTFC and then straight to HMRC to cover the VAT Gloucester City owe us.
Neil
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
who gets the takings
One would hope 100% of the takings came directly to CTFC and then straight to HMRC to cover the VAT Gloucester City owe us.
What business is it of yours?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Neil wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
who gets the takings
What business is it of yours?
Regardless of whose business it is, anyone is allowed to 'hope' for something.

It's no business of mine who wins the Iranian election, but I can 'hope' for a particular outcome based on my own preferences.

And as for this friendly match - I might think twice about going if I knew my ticket money was funding Gloucester's playing squad and not paying outstanding rent (if any is still outstanding).
Laurence
Neil wrote:What business is it of yours?
About the £20,000 worth of business your lot haven't yet paid for.
Malabus
Looks like Gloucester going to destroy the new pitch earlier this season.
Horteng
Personally wont be attending any PS games.... None of the fixtures look particularly interesting

They are over priced for a friendly too......
Neil
So Cheltenham fans feel they have a right to dictate how the Gloucester City Executive spend their income? Blimey!
Robin
Horteng wrote:Personally wont be attending any PS games.... None of the fixtures look particularly interesting

They are over priced for a friendly too......
I agree I will probably only do one pre-season game its over priced and fixtures and are appealing at all.
Circa 1887
Presumably this will be a fixture for trialists and fringe players. No point in wasting our first team on it.
leohoenig
Neil wrote:So Cheltenham fans feel they have a right to dictate how the Gloucester City Executive spend their income? Blimey!
Read the post you are replying to. No one is "dictating", that if for you and your own forum :D
What RCS did was sugest and/or hope that the board of Glos. City deem to put some of their income from this match into repaying debts.
If you ask me, I hope that will not be required, as I would like to hear that all debts have been cleared well before that game. Again this is a hope, as I cannot make it happen
taxidave
Neil wrote:So Cheltenham fans feel they have a right to dictate how the Gloucester City Executive spend their income? Blimey!
The problem, as I see it, is that you have no, or at least very little income, which would probably account for your dire financial state, and once your erstwhile benefactor finally decides that he can no longer fund his pension or build his empire at Sunkmeadow then he will cut off all ties with you and then you really will be sunk, because all that will be left to you will be a ground share with Tuffley Rovers and, if you are really lucky a place in the Unisport Hellenic League Western Division. :lol:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
No, I have the right to spend my money where i choose for whatever reason i choose. Something quid different.
Malabus
Either that or the county court. Don't think about going around the pitch with your green vest and camera; you will be lynched and beheaded.
Neil
leohoenig wrote:
Read the post you are replying to. No one is "dictating", that if for you and your own forum :D
What RCS did was sugest and/or hope that the board of Glos. City deem to put some of their income from this match into repaying debts.
If you ask me, I hope that will not be required, as I would like to hear that all debts have been cleared well before that game. Again this is a hope, as I cannot make it happen
Why is it a debt? Does anyone pay their whole rent for the next year?
Neil
Malabus wrote:
Either that or the county court. Don't think about going around the pitch with your green vest and camera; you will be lynched and beheaded.
I'll just quote that for Smudge to see.