Friendly against GCFC on July 20...

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
vcinthestand wrote:no I suspect it is the ones who dont honour their debts - just guessing
Simple question do GCFC owe money to CTFC?
Correct - same as when Swindon (I recall it was..) were slow to pay us our share of the gate from a match we played at the County Ground, etc etc.

As they say, never mix emotion and business - otherwise you might end up taking pity on debtors who have already been given too many chances!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Neil wrote:Why don't you save up all your pounds, give it to City and then we can pay you. Even go as far as a tenner each from 2000 diehards that you supposedly have and we can pay off the rent :)
That is something you'll recall I once suggested that Cheltenham fans do, on provision GCAFC have a clear plan to pay future rent and have a feasible plan to exit Whaddon Road when the current deal expires.

I'd be more than very willing to contribute a tenner at least to a fund to cover the debt and help GCAFC move out to a more affordable and suitable ground in Summer 2014 and for the period between now and then to be hassle free.

However, until such a day that the people in charge of GCAFC look (publicly, that is) to be capable of devising a workable plan to pay the rent between now and then, and have a confirmed plan to move out, then I am not willing - which based on the statements and posts I excessively mocked does not look like being any time soon.

And if it is none of my business then I definitely won't ever want to contribute a penny!
Neil
This is all a bit two faced coming from supporters of the club who fell behind with their payments for Jason Eaton and had to throw in a player to make up the shortfall in the end.

Still, you've all forgotten where you've come from haven't you.
51/84
oh so two wrongs make a right
just pay up or ship out
taxidave
Neil wrote:This is all a bit two faced coming from supporters of the club who fell behind with their payments for Jason Eaton and had to throw in a player to make up the shortfall in the end.

You really are clutching at straws, this thread has been running for a week and now you have to bring up an incident that happened about 15 years ago, is that your best justification for not paying the rent money; how bloody pathetic.
Pie
Neil wrote:How do you know which companies do or don't owe CTFC money? Do they publish this kind of information in the match day programme?
No, the Chairman of the very well run football league club Cheltenham Town has told the thousands of fans by various methods of media that Gloucester will NOT kick a ball in Whaddon Road until their debt has been cleared.

Is that not clear enough for you to grasp?
Neil
taxidave wrote:
Neil wrote:This is all a bit two faced coming from supporters of the club who fell behind with their payments for Jason Eaton and had to throw in a player to make up the shortfall in the end.

You really are clutching at straws, this thread has been running for a week and now you have to bring up an incident that happened about 15 years ago, is that your best justification for not paying the rent money; how bloody pathetic.
Merely pointing out to some of your own fans that people who live in glass houses shouldn't really throw stones. I hardly think it's pathetic Dave. Pathetic is running to the nearest polic... Oh.
Neil
Pie wrote:
Neil wrote:How do you know which companies do or don't owe CTFC money? Do they publish this kind of information in the match day programme?
No, the Chairman of the very well run football league club Cheltenham Town has told the thousands of fans by various methods of media that Gloucester will NOT kick a ball in Whaddon Road until their debt has been cleared.

But that's only one, I was referring to the others that aren't currently paid in full to CTFC.
Neil
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tigerimage ... 029503528/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There you go, you can pipe down about being owed money because your own club set the precedent. I should be a lawyer.
Malabus
Neil wrote:http://www.flickr.com/photos/tigerimage ... 029503528/

There you go, you can pipe down about being owed money because your own club set the precedent. I should be a lawyer.
We are Cheltenham we pay when we want.
C.V
Couldnt have been that serious we have had many players since then i.e. Watkins Freeman to name a few.Even going the other way there was Jimmmy Smith now theres a strange one didnt he have problems getting paid by Gloucester.If l remember right he was at the end of his career here and couldnt believe the money Glos were going to pay him.Sadly they did there normal thing and didnt come up with the money.
mattyboi

So, was the debt paid???? Answer yes! Now i dont want any of your players but maybe Glos city should consider slashing their wage bill and if that means playing a youth team and getting smashed every game, BUT it secures the long term future of the club, then surely thats a better option than ending up with no club!!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I didn't know about the missed payments for eaton - sounds like poor form by us. Does sound as if the debt was cleared eventually and subsequent business conducted. So if gloucester pay what they owe we can call it quits.
Pie
Neil wrote:
Pie wrote:

But that's only one, I was referring to the others that aren't currently paid in full to CTFC.
Oh in sure the likes of Mira, Hazelwoods, Liberty, stagecoach etc, who of course all have very small incomes, are all struggling to meet the agreements in their respective contracts regarding sponsorship. Infact they probably all owe money, millions! And so GCAFC's debt is minuscule and doesn't matter.

neil, take your head out of your ass and realise that your beloved amateur football club is months, infact probably weeks, from going under because they cannot afford to pay the rent.
51/84
the bottom line is that others have decided to cut Neil out of the loop.
The result of this decision has a number of repercussions
1 Nobody tells Neil anything
This then means he knows nothing about other peoples business or the club he supports

2 In an attempt to find information he trawls this website trying to get information , which he immediately denies

3 He refuses to answer any questions because he does not know the answers

4 If he gets cornered he deflects the question or just becomes abusive
Chelt Luke in Glos
Neil wrote:

What you laughing at traitor?

Neil, I have no problem with your football club and I dont care if they owe us money, as long as they pay it eventually. I go to see Glos (supporting them) when Chelt are away at places like Morecombe and Fleetwood. In my opinion the rivalry is dead. I for one am not old enough to of expierenced the days when Chelt and Glos were in the same league. So I have no problem with Glos (as I live there) or the football club.
Its just people like you that feel that they have the right to dictate who I support that bothers me.

So theres not:
Liverpool fans in Manchester?
Arsenal fans in Tottenham?
Bristol Rovers fans in Cheltenham?
Gloucester fans in Cheltenham?

Get used to the fact I support Cheltenham Neil.
Neil
C.V wrote:Couldnt have been that serious we have had many players since then i.e. Watkins Freeman to name a few.Even going the other way there was Jimmmy Smith now theres a strange one didnt he have problems getting paid by Gloucester.If l remember right he was at the end of his career here and couldnt believe the money Glos were going to pay him.Sadly they did there normal thing and didnt come up with the money.
No matter how you try to dress it up, it happened. This has happened too and the boot is on the other foot. It could be fair to suggest that Judas was the player that was the catalyst to the success that your club had so in essence CTFC's rise was built on a bad debt.

:)
Circa 1887
now that's clutching at straws
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Neil wrote:
C.V wrote:Couldnt have been that serious we have had many players since then i.e. Watkins Freeman to name a few.Even going the other way there was Jimmmy Smith now theres a strange one didnt he have problems getting paid by Gloucester.If l remember right he was at the end of his career here and couldnt believe the money Glos were going to pay him.Sadly they did there normal thing and didnt come up with the money.
No matter how you try to dress it up, it happened. This has happened too and the boot is on the other foot. It could be fair to suggest that Judas was the player that was the catalyst to the success that your club had so in essence CTFC's rise was built on a bad debt.

:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20NJKzAMVeY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bad debt that was paid?
Neil
We'll I'm pleased that my reminder about CTFC's inability to pay the remainder of the £19,000 for Judas Eaton has won the thread.

See you all at the friendly :)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Neil wrote:We'll I'm pleased that my reminder about CTFC's inability to pay the remainder of the £19,000 for Judas Eaton has won the thread.

Maybe Eaton should come along to the friendly in a peace ceremony to end the war.
51/84
perhaps Jason Eaton should play for us - he would still score 5 or 6 against the lodgers
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
51/84 wrote:perhaps Jason Eaton should play for us - he would still score 5 or 6 against the lodgers
After each one he could Adebayor it in front of the City fans.
Judge_Dreddful
51/84 wrote:perhaps Jason Eaton should play for us - he would still score 5 or 6 against the lodgers
Correction - lodgers pay their rent. Liars and squatters don't.
Malabus
We are signing Saheed Adebayo Akinfenwa just to destroy Gloucester in the pre-season friendly on the 20th July.
Laurence
Neil wrote:We'll I'm pleased that my reminder about CTFC's inability to pay the remainder of the £19,000 for Judas Eaton has won the thread.

Yes Neil. I for one demand that Paul Baker resign as Chairman with immediate effect for failing acknowledge this event in his dealings with GCAFC. What kind of Chairman could fail to remember an event that happened nearly 20 years ago when both clubs had different chairmen? Who can forget the 10 year transfer embargo that was placed on Cheltenham and FA taking away our Trophy win because of this episode. How soon the riots in the streets of Gloucester and Cheltenham over Eatongate slip from the memory. When will we Cheltenham supporters acknowledge the intervention of the then Prime Minister in resolving this episode? Why is it that this case had to go before the United Nations? Disgraceful. Not only should Cheltenham write-off Gloucester's debt for playing at Whaddon Road, they should pay Gloucester £40,000 a year in reparations. Until the end of time. And it's all thanks to you Neil!
MarkHalliwell
Just pulling this in from another thread, from Paul Godfrey:

Incidentally, I've been having a closed season tidy up in the office this week and when going through some old player files I came across the Jason Eaton transfer from Gloucester City. The fee was £15,000 and of this, £12,000 was paid upon registration in October 1992 with another £3,000 due at the end of the season. There is no note as to when this was settled but my recollection is that there was a bit of to-ing and fro-ing about whether it would be paid in cash or a player exchange and it got sorted out before the start of the next season with Paul Bloomfield joining City.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
MarkHalliwell wrote:Just pulling this in from another thread, from Paul Godfrey:

Incidentally, I've been having a closed season tidy up in the office this week and when going through some old player files I came across the Jason Eaton transfer from Gloucester City. The fee was £15,000 and of this, £12,000 was paid upon registration in October 1992 with another £3,000 due at the end of the season. There is no note as to when this was settled but my recollection is that there was a bit of to-ing and fro-ing about whether it would be paid in cash or a player exchange and it got sorted out before the start of the next season with Paul Bloomfield joining City.
Case closed - more evidence to disprove the spin and b*llsh*t.
Neil
Not saying the Citizen is wrong there are you Mark?
MarkHalliwell
Just passing the info on.
In any case, the Eaton move was five years before I joined.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Neil wrote:Not saying the Citizen is wrong there are you Mark?
Was Colin Peake not just last week saying the Citizen was wrong?
Neil
MarkHalliwell wrote:Just passing the info on.
Fair enough.

It's ok for everyone here to relax and admit that CTFC can be the bad guy too.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Neil wrote:
MarkHalliwell wrote:Just passing the info on.
Fair enough.

It's ok for everyone here to relax and admit that CTFC can be the bad guy too.
Paul Bloomfield was worth at least £10k, so we actually did you a favour.
Neil
£10K? Where did you ear that?
51/84
as some one once said none of your business