Cureton signs

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

MarkHalliwell
One year deal. On official site.
THECHOIRBOY
And a Central Defender by end of the week
CTFC03
Great news.
MarkHalliwell
THECHOIRBOY wrote:And a Central Defender by end of the week
Brian Saah maybe??
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Look forward to seeing a first half hat-trick by Cureton against the rent dodgers.
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Look forward to seeing a first half hat-trick by Cureton against the rent dodgers.
Just a hat-trick. I fear for the squatterheads.
Malabus
MarkHalliwell wrote:
THECHOIRBOY wrote:And a Central Defender by end of the week
Brian Saah maybe??
Have you heard anything.
MarkHalliwell
No I haven't, but in BBC interview Yates says another deal is agreed but player is away until Thursday so that one should be done Friday.
cagliostro
Great news and a sign of intent by MY.
Cag
Circa 1887
Well done Jon Palmer, bang on the money as usual. All the best to Jamie - looking forward to seeing him pull on the ruby shirt.
asl
Good news. Given his age a one year deal seems sensible. Hopefully, he can replicate the form he showed a few years ago.
Cheltenhamshire
Excellent news. There certainly seems to be no signs of panicking and rushing to bring players in. Hope it pays off.
Pie
I believe Phillips has scored 280 in his career. So 33 goals for Cureton this season and he will hit that figure too.
The rest depends on Super Kevin Phillips retiring.
Chelt Luke in Glos
What brilliant news, Looking forward to seeing him play.
Uppy
A proper lower league striker. Let's hope we find a way to get him in the goals.
Malabus
Pie wrote:I believe Phillips has scored 280 in his career. So 33 goals for Cureton this season and he will hit that figure too.
Let's also remember when Kelvin Philips came on for Crystal Palace in the play off final he completely changed the game and scored the winning penalty.
Seefacts
Doesn't look like fitness will be a problem - he's in decent nick, isn't he??

Got a great attitude too.
Uppy
Malabus wrote:
Pie wrote:I believe Phillips has scored 280 in his career. So 33 goals for Cureton this season and he will hit that figure too.
Let's also remember when Kelvin Philips came on for Crystal Palace in the play off final he completely changed the game and scored the winning penalty.
Not quite true. He actually looked a bit of the pace and lacked his usual sharpness, but scored a great penalty.
Malabus
Uppy wrote:
Malabus wrote:
Not quite true. He actually looked a bit of the pace and lacked his usual sharpness, but scored a great penalty.
He did Uppy.
MarkHalliwell
Can we not mention that penalty... It's very hurtful...
The Red Star
Exeter City fan here in peace.

Cureton was excellent for us in both spells and we will suffer without him. He will get a tremendous reception if he plays against us. Hope you have a great season and I hope Cureton scores loads for you. Despite our awful record at Whaddon Road it is always a pleasure to visit Cheltenham.
vickeryc
The Red Star wrote:Exeter City fan here in peace.

Cureton was excellent for us in both spells and we will suffer without him. He will get a tremendous reception if he plays against us. Hope you have a great season and I hope Cureton scores loads for you. Despite our awful record at Whaddon Road it is always a pleasure to visit Cheltenham.
Many thanks for your generous words, we were very lucky to get Jamie Cureton. I believe that if anyone can score goals for us, with the sort of system we play, it must be him.

Irrespective of our good results against Exeter to date, a visit to St James's is always a pleasure. Exeter is a nice city with good pubs, decent fans and quirky, old fashioned ground (sorry HP!) Best of luck for next season.