New kit launch

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

vcinthestand
When are we going to see the sky blue kit
Pie
From what James Brown and Steve said at the end of last season, the kit wont be the same as the one played in last season, which is why the £25 shirts were a bargain.

I did wonder this the other day because the home kit is always launched at a home friendly, sometimes seen as a "big" friendly (not the giant).
Will we wear it against Evehsham, or release it at a later date?
London Exile
Knowing errea we'll have stock just in time for Christmas :D
Joey
Does anyone know how many times last season we had to play in our 3rd kit? Might be handy to to make the away kit a colour that isn't common on other team's home kits in our league.
R_Payney
Joey wrote:Does anyone know how many times last season we had to play in our 3rd kit? Might be handy to to make the away kit a colour that isn't common on other team's home kits in our league.
I think we only HAD to play in it once, away at Gillingham. But we chose to wear it at Northampton, Oxford and Exeter.
taxidave
London Exile wrote:Knowing errea we'll have stock just in time for Christmas :D
I thought koz was banned. :lol: :lol:
London Exile
taxidave wrote:
London Exile wrote:Knowing errea we'll have stock just in time for Christmas :D
I thought koz was banned. :lol: :lol:
Should've gone with Adidas or Nike :D
Pie
R_Payney wrote:
Joey wrote:Does anyone know how many times last season we had to play in our 3rd kit? Might be handy to to make the away kit a colour that isn't common on other team's home kits in our league.
I think we only HAD to play in it once, away at Gillingham. But we chose to wear it at Northampton, Oxford and Exeter.
I believe league rules state that you just wear each kit 'x' amount of times.
Leo will know this.
leohoenig
Pie wrote: I believe league rules state that you just wear each kit 'x' amount of times.
Leo will know this.
No, he won't. He might know where to look but he just cannot be bothered to.
And he hates people who refer to themselves in the third person.
Malabus
Got a feeling the away kit will be a dark blue colour.
Pie
leohoenig wrote:
Pie wrote: I believe league rules state that you just wear each kit 'x' amount of times.
Leo will know this.
No, he won't. He might know where to look but he just cannot be bothered to.
And he hates people who refer to themselves in the third person.
One has looked into ones original question, and one found the following comment on said webpage;

"There is no rule stating that a marketed strip must be worn."

Can anyone else verify that this is the case?
MarkHalliwell
The away kit will be sky blue in some form.
There are no rules on how often a kit has to be worn, if at all.
Basically, clubs are meant to wear their first choice kit apart from a colour clash.
We got the sky blue kit as our other two kits were dark blue and red - so it clashed with Gillingham and (in my view, although we wore the Inter Milan there) Dagenham.
Not sure why we wore it at Oxford though...
Circa 1887
I can't say I was a fan of the sky blue kit - so it will be interesting to see what the clun and Errea have come up with.

I would have preferred a complete change - maybe a reverse of our first ruby kit, i.e. Black top, shorts and ruby socks.
Joey
When there was that vote on the Echo a few years back when the fans got to pick the away kit, there was a sky blue kit on there, might be similar or to that design.
taxidave
Circa 1887 wrote:I can't say I was a fan of the sky blue kit - so it will be interesting to see what the clun and Errea have come up with.

I would have preferred a complete change - maybe a reverse of our first ruby kit, i.e. Black top, shorts and ruby socks.
The only problem with dark kits are that they don't show up very well against the background especially at night, so perhaps fluorescent lime green, a bit like Northampton's change kit.
shevates
As I handle the kit, I can tell you that I feel this is the best quality shirt errea has produced for us, the material is excellent. Cant tell you design of the shirt as thats what launches are designed for. The only thing I will say is its not the same material or design of the shirts I sold at the end of last season. Even the training kit is excellent
R_Payney
shevates wrote:As I handle the kit, I can tell you that I feel this is the best quality shirt errea has produced for us, the material is excellent. Cant tell you design of the shirt as thats what launches are designed for. The only thing I will say is its not the same material or design of the shirts I sold at the end of last season. Even the training kit is excellent
Roughly when is it going to be revealed? Will it be a pre-season game like usual?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
shevates wrote:As I handle the kit, I can tell you that I feel this is the best quality shirt errea has produced for us, the material is excellent. Cant tell you design of the shirt as thats what launches are designed for. The only thing I will say is its not the same material or design of the shirts I sold at the end of last season. Even the training kit is excellent
Hmm, is it a nice new thinner/tighter material like Fulham's Kappa shirt?

Something like this?

http://www.errea.it/ENG/detail/grp=comp ... D120000041" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
51/84
I will take a punt at 6th July
Pie
From what Steve's said I would hazard a guess at the "Santos" kit on P17 of this catalog;

http://www.totalteamwearuk.com/files/er ... shirts.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
51/84
I am lead to believe the away kit will launch when it arrives
Just as well the first match is at home
I wonder when the shop will have it in stock
Joey
"new sky blue away kit will be launched at either the Coventry or Cardiff home friendlies"

https://twitter.com/JPEchoRobins/status ... 6138910720" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;