Grimes deal off - confirmed

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

BURYFC
Hubert Parry wrote:Exactly - our history has an upward trajectory, whereas yours is a slow agonising death - congratulations.
That upward trajectory of?...

We had an upward trajectory of getting into L1 before you did so surely we still have a better recent history than Cheltenham Town.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Hubert Parry wrote:
BURYFC wrote:
51/84 wrote:so while you are on Bury what is your playing budget , squad size maximum wage and average wage
I have no idea. However why would we not be able to compete with Cheltenham town? We have new owners which you Cheltenham fans can't seem to understand means fresh money. We are no longer short of cash as recent developments show and unlike cheltenham who would relish a chance in league 1, We are historically a divison 2 (Championship) club, and only in the last 10 years dropped as low as the 4th division, so you really are chatting out of your arse if you say we are spending "WELL" above our means. You lot need to get your heads out of your arses and open your eyes to the fact your an average sized league two club.
That is Ed Balls:

First tier: 1895–1912, 1924–29
Second tier: 1894–95, 1912–24 (Except break due to World War I between 1915–19), 1929–57 (Except break due to World War II between 1939–46), 1961–67, 1997–99
Third tier: 1957–61, 1967–71, 1974–80, 1985–92, 1996–97, 1999–2002, 2011–2013
Fourth tier: 1971–74, 1980–85, 1992–96, 2002–11, 2013 – present
Ignored your question and just went on the attack... all I can say to this Manc is calm down Zippy, calm down!
Pie
Takeover = money = spending spree.

All the Leeds fans believed that too, yet they're still waiting for all these signings to fire them back to the prem ;)
Malabus
BURYFC wrote:we still have a better recent history than Cheltenham Town.
Excuse me, but didn't you just get relegated.
BURYFC
Malabus wrote:
We also got promoted wheras Cheltenham have done nothing noteworthy at all.

all I can say to this Manc is calm down Zippy, calm down![/quote]

I'm only fishing around, Oh and I am a Lancastrian thank you kind Gloucesterian
Powelly131 wrote:I bet you've got a tiny cock though
My girlfriend thinks otherwise thank you.
Nesty
BURYFC wrote:
Malabus wrote:
We also got promoted wheras Cheltenham have done nothing noteworthy at all.

all I can say to this Manc is calm down Zippy, calm down!
I'm only fishing around, Oh and I am a Lancastrian thank you kind Gloucesterian
Powelly131 wrote:I bet you've got a tiny cock though
My girlfriend thinks otherwise thank you.[/quote]

she is easily pleased then.
BURYFC
she is easily pleased then.[/quote]

How would you possibly know this? Are you a stalker you creepy man?
Malabus
Nesty wrote:she is easily pleased then.
Bet he got shitty Xmas lights, Nesty.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
BURYFC wrote:HAHA! just looked at Cheltenham's history, you hadn't never made it into the FL before 1999! Biggest cup win is an FA Trophy. Yet you have the cheek to call a 125 year old league member and double FA Cup winning club smaller?

"In August 2005 Bury became first club to score 1000 goals in every division", sadly a feat that will never be matched by massive Cheltenham Town.

To put into perspective in Feb 1998 we beat City 1-0 at Maine Road wheras Cheltenham where playing in the Southern league! HAHA!
On that basis Portugal is still a more important country in global affairs than America, Russia or China...there are teams that have won The FA Cup more than Bury who don't even exist anymore - are they still bigger than you?

As far as I'm concerned it's the present and the future that matters.

Speaking of the present and looking to a better future, what do you think of the new Woolford Gap walking and cycling bridge?
BURYFC
"there are teams that have won The FA Cup more than Bury who don't even exist anymore - are they still bigger than you?"

Yes.

"Speaking of the present and looking to a better future, what do you think of the new Woolford Gap walking and cycling bridge?"

I have no opinion on the matter as I do not hold an interest in new bridges. I guess that's what interests you Chelteham folk? As your football team isn't very exciting.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
BURYFC wrote:"there are teams that have won The FA Cup more than Bury who don't even exist anymore - are they still bigger than you?"

Yes.

"Speaking of the present and looking to a better future, what do you think of the new Woolford Gap walking and cycling bridge?"

I have no opinion on the matter as I do not hold an interest in new bridges. I guess that's what interests you Chelteham folk? As your football team isn't very exciting.
Not especially but it's a project I've been evaluating for work so was interested in what the locals up there thought, but no matter.
NorthCotRobin
Bury is grim
Nesty
Back on topic, leaking potential signings could also backfire due to the player looking on the net and seeing "he's s#!t" and changing his mind
Robin
Do you honestly believe that would happen Nesty?
taxidave
Nesty wrote:Back on topic, leaking potential signings could also backfire due to the player looking on the net and seeing "he's s#!t" and changing his mind
Doesn't seem to have affected Ashley Cole too much. :lol:
Nesty
I think rule of thumb should be NOT TO ANNOUNCE A SIGNING UNTIL THE INK IS DRY end of.

I for one wouldnt criticise JP for not letting us know until it has happened. But of course the Echo has copies to sell, so feck the consequences.
Hubert Parry
I would criticise JP, because he would be failing to do his job, which is to report the news. He is not an employee of the club.
Hubert Parry
Nesty wrote:Back on topic, leaking potential signings could also backfire due to the player looking on the net and seeing "he's s#!t" and changing his mind
No. And if that were to be the case, then I wouldn't want a player with such thin skin at the club. Simple.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Hubert Parry wrote:I would criticise JP, because he would be failing to do his job, which is to report the news. He is not an employee of the club.
Agreed.
Chelt Luke in Glos
BURY is A small town in a manchester with the smallest team in the region and a non league club in your area has more fans than you! :lol: :lol: :lol:

CHELTENHAM are the biggest team in our region with the most fans and a nice town.

In contrast Bury is a complete sh*thole.

You must have a lot of time on your hands trolling our forum to gloat about a signing you 'snatched' from us that nobody cares about here and are more intrested in the next signing. Looking so forward to playing you this season!
Shade
Didn't we even do the double over Bury the season we got relegated from L1 last? Barry Hayles 94th minute? Even Josh Low had his best game against Bury when we won 5-2.

Just looked up our league history against Bury. Cheltenham 6 wins, Bury 3 wins with 1 draw. And, apart from once, every time we've played them we've had a higher home crowd than they have in the same season. And that once was only by 112.
BURYFC
Whats your away support like then since you're so much of a bigger club? I can remember a load of minuscule Cheltenham away followings. Wheras Bury have the strongest away support when compared to home support as we averaged 555 last season compared to Cheltenhams p!## poor 263. We more than double what you take on the road and can guarantee that in our last 10 meetings we have taken more to you than you have brought to us on every occasion.
Hubert Parry
Since when did away support become relevant to anything?
Uppy
I can't stand these arguments. We're an average League Two club in terms of size. So are Bury. Why does it matter if we had a few hundred more on average last season or if they take more to away games?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
BURYFC wrote:Whats your away support like then since you're so much of a bigger club? I can remember a load of minuscule Cheltenham away followings. Wheras Bury have the strongest away support when compared to home support as we averaged 555 last season compared to Cheltenhams p!## poor 263. We more than double what you take on the road and can guarantee that in our last 10 meetings we have taken more to you than you have brought to us on every occasion.
It's down to people like you spending your hard earned at other teams' grounds that means we don't have to feel guilty about not doing so.

So thanks and and thanks in advance for your £20 when you come to ours - needless to say I won't be returning the favour.
MarkHalliwell
My dad's bigger than your dad... Another thread goes horrendously off topic.
Shade
Uppy wrote:I can't stand these arguments. We're an average League Two club in terms of size. So are Bury. Why does it matter if we had a few hundred more on average last season or if they take more to away games?
Just putting him/her right on some facts is all.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
MarkHalliwell wrote:My dad's bigger than your dad... Another thread goes horrendously off topic.
Let it flow.
RED ROB
And not a ball's been kicked yet. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nesty
Back on topic

Are we sure that leaking a potential signing cannot have repercussions ?

Hasn't MY always insisted that he won't announce anything till its a done deal?

I was not criticising JP - he has a job to do ( and does it well ) but is there a conflict of interest ?

We all know that once something gets on the net it's in the public domain. Bury must have known about Grimes in any case, but were they only alerted because of the article in the Echo?

Anyway........ It's done now - shame because he would have been a good addition.
Uppy
Nobody could ever complain about JP. He's a fan. It must be difficult to balance that and being a journalist. He is a model professional.
BURYFC
We have also signed Nathan Cameron from Coventry City. He has good reviews from N'hampton fans so it seems a good signing and further strengthens our squad. Still think we will finish in the bottom 3rd?
Ralph
arn't you the ones that have that really cheap ST dealio? You need money if your doing that no matter who owns you
BURYFC
£200 for an adult season ticket, that isn't that cheap is it??

Anyway we have also (apparently) signed Andy Procter from PNE. So unless we do a Cheltenham it's a done deal.
Chelt Luke in Glos
BURYFC wrote:£200 for an adult season ticket, that isn't that cheap is it??

Anyway we have also (apparently) signed Andy Procter from PNE. So unless we do a Cheltenham it's a done deal.
The fact you slashed your ticket prices in a desperate attempt to get more fans is laughable :lol:

FC United of Manchester (your ground tennants) have more supporters than you! :lol:

Thats like Gloucester having more fans than us.