MARKETING

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

SOFT MACHINE
Where were the Robins? Montpellier Day today (in Cheltenham, that is) with a prominent display from the egg-chasers (Gloucester, that is) with their caravan selling shirts, club memorabilia, etc. We had Whadney wandering aimlessly around and a goal-shooting game wedged (rather belatedly, I suspect) into the cul-de-sac of Armless Row - a street not actively participating as everything was going on in Montpellier Street!

COYR! You can't keep decrying the lack of support / dwindling crowds if your marketing people don't get out amongst the oiks and feel a few collars! Grab 'em, grab 'em. They seem to not want to come willingly so get out in the market place and offer inducements.
Nesty
who is / are the people responsible for marketing?
C.V
Nesty wrote:who is / are the people responsible for marketing?

Think the lad who used to do it left for better things,probably prettty non existent l would imagine Nesty still non league.
Joey
What's Montpellier day?
rasta
http://www.gloswhatson.co.uk/whats-on-a ... /gwo85379/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

went down, some very nice old cars down there and stalls, never saw anything Cheltenham Town
rasta
For me the problem is money and staff, I think there are only 7 paid full time staff?
Taz1985
And 2 of those are full time marketing.
Uppy
We should offer internships. Students would do it for free, as it's a sought-after opportunity, and a lot of universities make years in employment compulsory.
ctfc-fan
Uppy wrote:We should offer internships. Students would do it for free, as it's a sought-after opportunity, and a lot of universities make years in employment compulsory.
Sure that's not allowed any more due to minimum wage
rasta
Taz1985 wrote:And 2 of those are full time marketing.

I would guess most of their job is sales , with marketing a much smaller proportion
Uppy
ctfc-fan wrote:
Uppy wrote:We should offer internships. Students would do it for free, as it's a sought-after opportunity, and a lot of universities make years in employment compulsory.
A lot of placement years are unpaid.

And there's certainly no laws against volunteering.
ctfc-fan
Uppy wrote:
ctfc-fan wrote:
A lot of placement years are unpaid.

And there's certainly no laws against volunteering.
Not quite. Depends on how it's structured. A lot of unpaid internships are illegal now.
Hubert Parry
I have a background in marketing and would have happily done it. I think students are precisely the people to target.
art vandalay
I was also there. Very poor effort from our club I'm afraid. Egg-chasers prominent, but our presence was around the corner all on its own and away from view of most people.
Admin
Site Administrator
Hubert Parry wrote:I have a background in marketing and would have happily done it. I think students are precisely the people to target.
Get in touch with the club and offer your services. PM Paul Godfrey and at least then we will be ready and there next year now or in any forthcoming events.
Hubert Parry
Admin wrote:
Hubert Parry wrote:I have a background in marketing and would have happily done it. I think students are precisely the people to target.
Get in touch with the club and offer your services. PM Paul Godfrey and at least then we will be ready and there next year now or in any forthcoming events.
'Would have' - there are a couple of problems with me doing it - I don't live in Cheltenham, and hopefully I shall have a career in London starting before too long... hopefully.
Scarface
Ctfc talkin out your arse mate- students do this type for free to make their cvs stand out and gain experience. Minimum wage is balls until an employment contract is made!
ctfc-fan
Scarface wrote:Ctfc talkin out your arse mate- students do this type for free to make their cvs stand out and gain experience. Minimum wage is balls until an employment contract is made!
"Unpaid internships aren’t just wrong; in most cases they are illegal. Under employment law, people who work set hours, do set tasks and contribute value to an organisation are “workers” and are entitled to the minimum wage. This means even if your internship was just about being expected to turn up at a certain time and add some numbers in Excel you are likely to be entitled to pay. And as it is impossible to sign away your rights, even if you have agreed to work without pay you can still claim. Every time an intern has taken their employer to court for not being paid the minimum wage they have won."

Yes, talking out of my arse.

I'm in business so know what we can do as this has been looked at for us. Even by turning up to market to club, the students would be doing a set task and adding value to the club/business.

Very dodgy ground and if the club were ordered to back pay anyone that had done this, they could be liable for everything such as holiday pay, sickness, minimum wage.
Fuller
Nesty wrote:who is / are the people responsible for marketing?
Thought Tim "hello there" Russon was brought in to oversee marketing ?
51/84
probably on his hols

but as someone said tell them now so we are ready for next year

The open day on Saturday at seasons

It was being organised at least 2 weeks ago, if it was earlier then why were we not told earlier
Also perhaps more publicity could have been given such as with the Junior Robins applications etc
I know it was to early but are we doing enough to get people interested
Its free , its a chance to meet players etc
get down there take the kids, the kids friends and their dad
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
ctfc-fan wrote:
Scarface wrote:Ctfc talkin out your arse mate- students do this type for free to make their cvs stand out and gain experience. Minimum wage is balls until an employment contract is made!
"Unpaid internships aren’t just wrong; in most cases they are illegal. Under employment law, people who work set hours, do set tasks and contribute value to an organisation are “workers” and are entitled to the minimum wage. This means even if your internship was just about being expected to turn up at a certain time and add some numbers in Excel you are likely to be entitled to pay. And as it is impossible to sign away your rights, even if you have agreed to work without pay you can still claim. Every time an intern has taken their employer to court for not being paid the minimum wage they have won."

Yes, talking out of my arse.

I'm in business so know what we can do as this has been looked at for us. Even by turning up to market to club, the students would be doing a set task and adding value to the club/business.

Very dodgy ground and if the club were ordered to back pay anyone that had done this, they could be liable for everything such as holiday pay, sickness, minimum wage.
Plenty of voluntary or expenses only intrenships still out there advertised.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Cricket festival soon - T20 games will be a sell-out.

Egg-chasers always have a stall there. CTFC do have a hospitality tent for one day as advertised on the official CTFC site, but will they have a promotional stand for the club?
Last edited by RegencyCheltenhamSpa on 30 Jun 2013, 07:57, edited 1 time in total.
ctfc-fan
It's down to how you can control them I believe like if you can state they must be somewhere and at a specific time.
rasta
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Cricket festival soon - T20 games will be a sell-out.

Egg-chasers always have a stall there. CTFC do have a hospitality tent for one day as advertised on the official CTFC site, but will they have a promotional stand for the club?

I'm going on the 17th July, second time, hoping for better weather this time. Nice lunch last time, home made cakes at tea time and a few beers. :D
Flux
I didnt even know about a Montpellier Day and I volunteer for the club at events like these especially when Whaddney is involved.
The first I heard about the event was when I was driving back into town after a day in Swindon (hence why I wasnt volunteering for the day, though I also wasn't asked too either).
rasta
Saw nothing on FB or Tw, mrs Rasta told me about it.
MarkHalliwell
From page 2 of the Echo - Cheltenham Town players were there.
Uppy
I'd argue that shows the marketing in an even worse light if they were there and nobody knew. :D
Shade
Never knew about Montpellier Day, so their marketing must be rubbish too...
Uppy
I dare say that it is.
Alf
If the club can't be bothered to make a real effort then it can hardly complain that potential supporters can't be bothered to make the effort on match days.
tunnelvision
I hadn't heard about this either - but then I don't buy the Echo. However, I noticed from the event link above that they state "We will be having stalls and we still have many spaces left".

Not surprising given the apparent lack of event advertising. :roll:
Pie
I'm surprised no one has blamed JP yet ;)
asl
Hoeteng probably blames McGlashan for not being able to cross the road to get there.
Joey
asl wrote:Hoeteng probably blames McGlashan for not being able to cross the road to get there.
Very good.

:lol: