luke garbutt

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

biker2012
signs new two year deal at everton.good for him was great for us while here.
mattyboi
Baines off to UTD then, just a matter of agreeing a price!
Cheltenhamshire10
mattyboi wrote:Baines off to UTD then, just a matter of agreeing a price!
If (or when) that happens will be interesting to see if Garbutt gets a chance?
Robin
I liked Luke while here but he didn't look anywhere near good enough for a top Prem club. I expected him to drop to a decent Championship team and forge a career at that level, good luck to him but no replacement for Baines in my view.
Shade
Robin wrote:I liked Luke while here but he didn't look anywhere near good enough for a top Prem club. I expected him to drop to a decent Championship team and forge a career at that level, good luck to him but no replacement for Baines in my view.
They have Martinez in charge now - they are no longer (or very shortly will cease to be) a top Prem club.
Uppy
Agreed, Robin. I think that his ceiling is probably the championship. Certainly not a team challenging for Europe.
horlickfanclub
would love to see him back here. we really need a good left back with pace and who can overlap and tackle.
Pie
I wouldn't mind signing him and putting him on the wing.
With both him and Jones both being attacking leftbacks, would be nice to see them team up as not only could they both get back and defend, they could also get forward together and attack and get the ball in the box.
Uppy
I feel that people are overrating Garbutt because he came from a premiership team and has played for the England youth sides.

In my opinion, there wasn't too much difference between him and Jones. Garbutt was quicker, but Jones had a much better delivery.
horlickfanclub
Jones is poor in the tackle and gets skinned on the inside.Gets down to the line about once every ten games.Luke marks better and gets a foot in.
He has the two year contact with Everton .Billy is with us .Case closed.
Uppy
So, by that logic, Rob Elvins was better than Steven Gillespie when with us, right?
Pie
Uppy wrote:So, by that logic, Rob Elvins was better than Steven Gillespie when with us, right?
Thats like comparing the bus driver of the number 41 in Chelteham to Sterling Moss!!