Yates on Evesham/Pack/funds/trialists

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Video here: http://bit.ly/EveshamAway" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
51/84
towards the end MY says They ( the board) know they can trust me
I wonder if the board were able to say that about all our managers ;)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
51/84 wrote:towards the end MY says They ( the board) know they can trust me
Funny how the least trustworthy managers are the same ones boards think suitable to give the most money to isn't it.....
taxidave
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
51/84 wrote:towards the end MY says They ( the board) know they can trust me
Funny how the least trustworthy managers are the same ones boards think suitable to give the most money to isn't it.....
I am sure that the board did not sanction, or at least never realised, what our "least trustworthy" manager was actually spending. :roll:
Robin
How exactly can that be though Dave, I means seriously does the manager transfer funds to other clubs or exchance contracts with players?
Hubert Parry
I suppose it is possible for managers to make promises to players who accept in reliance on that promise?
Robin
Surely if a player stays in a hotel while on loan they submit an expense claim which is then approved by someone within the club. You would imagine that this process would have some control in terms of independent review, guidance on what is acceptable and escalation depending upon overall cost right up to PB if applicable.