non junior robins

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

howdyho
Ticket prices on the official website. Junior Robins get in for free which is great but wot price for kids if they just turn up on the day??
howdyho
There is a price bracket for kids aged 12 and over but not under
rasta
the real shame about this deal is some of my friends kids have gone from free to paying, when they would of been free for a few more years, cannot see some of their parents paying out now, shame, should of let those who had joined JR to stay free until 16.
taxidave
rasta wrote:the real shame about this deal is some of my friends kids have gone from free to paying, when they would of been free for a few more years, cannot see some of their parents paying out now, shame, should of let those who had joined JR to stay free until 16.
Not real fans then are they if they cannot be bothered to come to games just because they have to pay to get in.
CTFC is a business not a charity organisation.
I have had to pay to get into Whaddon Road all my life, I started supporting the club when I was about 11 years old (sixty years ago) and it hasn't put me off.
Admin
Site Administrator
howdyho wrote:There is a price bracket for kids aged 12 and over but not under
Suggest you get in touch with the club direct and ask as we all have the same info as you and thats whats on the site.

I expect, and this is my opinion, it would be easy to register as a Junior Robin and get in free.
rasta
taxidave wrote:
rasta wrote:the real shame about this deal is some of my friends kids have gone from free to paying, when they would of been free for a few more years, cannot see some of their parents paying out now, shame, should of let those who had joined JR to stay free until 16.
Not real fans then are they if they cannot be bothered to come to games just because they have to pay to get in.
CTFC is a business not a charity organisation.
I have had to pay to get into Whaddon Road all my life, I started supporting the club when I was about 11 years old (sixty years ago) and it hasn't put me off.
to be honest i was cleaning chimneys at 11, i know it would be illegal for them now but who follows the law any more :D
Uppy
We'd lose even more money then!

They should be grateful that they got in for free while they did. If they're not going to ever pay then it's not necessarily what the initiative is for. We're trying to convert kids to become lifelong fans.
rasta
They should be grateful that they got in for free while they did. If they're not going to ever pay then it's not necessarily what the initiative is for. We're trying to convert kids to become lifelong fans.
"the deal was pay from 16, when some kids start work, now they leave at 18?"

the point is did we? they come with me and Bondi, parents aren't interested or busy but the kids were, they are now 12? most 12 year olds rely on parents for money, as most people say fans of the future! with a little more thought the club should've let those JR already enrolled keep going until 16.
Lower league Clubs now realise you have to let kids in cheap or free to sign them up for life, my point is we were slightly off the mark.
PaulGodfrey
Children will be able to join the Junior Robins on the day of the game. There will be a simple form to fill in so best not to arrive too close to kick-off but the idea is to make it as easy as possible.
Uppy
rasta wrote:They should be grateful that they got in for free while they did. If they're not going to ever pay then it's not necessarily what the initiative is for. We're trying to convert kids to become lifelong fans.
"the deal was pay from 16, when some kids start work, now they leave at 18?"

the point is did we? they come with me and Bondi, parents aren't interested or busy but the kids were, they are now 12? most 12 year olds rely on parents for money, as most people say fans of the future! with a little more thought the club should've let those JR already enrolled keep going until 16.
Lower league Clubs now realise you have to let kids in cheap or free to sign them up for life, my point is we were slightly off the mark.
Ah. Okay. I thought you were saying that none of them would pay, but would go as long as its free, rather than they can't pay at the moment but will be able to at 16. Sorry!
Chelt Luke in Glos
Uppy wrote:
We'd lose even more money then!

Its worked with me, never been a junior robin, always payed and now i follow cheltenham more than my beloved arsenal!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I had a junior robin c.1997/98. Cost £10 or £20 at the time, went to a handful of games. Following season got another one for same price and went to a lot more games. Following season I got a concession season ticket. Had a season every year ever since, with the last 6 or so being full-price adult ones.

If not for the junior robin scheme I doubt the club would have seen me fork out the thousands I have since, and for that reason I think the junior robin is a very important scheme for the future of CTFC.