Cirencester Town v Cheltenham Town

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Chat, debate, team news, updates and reaction all here this afternoon: http://bit.ly/CirencesterFriendly" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Malabus
Great stuff..thank you for keeping us updated.
Joey
Good match, I thought Rees played well and I'd offer him a contract. The youth players looked decent as well and it's always good to see prospects come from our own system. Not so sure about Anyisha though; missed a chance and failed to impact the game greatly. O'Donnell seems like your standard run of the mill defender.

Blistering heat today, fair dues to the players for managing to cope with it.
cheltsaxon
Cureton looks class movement was brilliant, taylor done well Deering was best player on the pitch for me, downside was Mcglashan failed to skin anyone crossing was again awful and missed two guilt edged chances getting it out the system now hopefully, Gornell looked ok Harrison was lazy as usual, of the trialists I'd give Rees a chance Door nail can go non league and anyinsah the same.
51/84
agree more or less with your assessment although I cannot agree harrison was lazy
Robin
Strange game. The gulf between the two sides was clearly huge and we probably should have scored four or five on the balance of play while they only threatened twice - both mistakes by O'Donnell. On that evidence:
* Cureton will be a class act but I think we knew that already.
* McGlashan is visibily short on confidence
* Harrison looked like he couldn't be bothered.
* Anyinsah and O'Donnell look well short of the standard we require.
* The youngsters look genuine first team standard.
Reliant Robin
Robin wrote:Strange game. The gulf between the two sides was clearly huge and we probably should have scored four or five on the balance of play while they only threatened twice - both mistakes by O'Donnell. On that evidence:
* Cureton will be a class act but I think we knew that already.
* McGlashan is visibily short on confidence
* Harrison looked like he couldn't be bothered.
* Anyinsah and O'Donnell look well short of the standard we require.
* The youngsters look genuine first team standard.
... and Troy over-slept apparently :o
Robin
Yes, I hope we don't have another Zebroski on our hands!!
51/84
My thoughts exactly Robin
Chelt Luke in Glos
What was the attendance?
Robin
Not many! I'd hazard a guess of 300 with 99% Chelt fans though.
baggy89
Daniel O'Donell did cost us a second goal only the Lino saved us then again that was the second time after him and Sido played a Ciren forward on side which Sido had a good moan about. Troy likes the sound of his own voice which can only be a good thing. Spent the last 30 mins or so talking "Hanksy" through the game. I reckon alongside Stevo and Helen of Troy Hanks would do well. Would hope that Dan is let go though.
Rees looks decent would much rather have a back up like him than a Hooman or a Bagasan, although on today I wouldn't have him as backup.
Ed Williams also looked decent when he came on.
Don't get the McGlashan hate-in very few of them looked top form. Sad state of affairs when Ciren feel they can double up on our Right winger and points to a more obvious problem than the tunnel vision few seem intent on highlighting.
Cureton looked the dogsbollocks have to admit I thought it was the boy Bowerman that was on he barely looks early 20's nevermind late 30's.
Think if we'd got into second gear we'd have handed out a gubbing. Bit there was fork all point running your arse into the ground in that heat.
Have to say the ciren ginger looked decent especially his turn for their goal.
Peter Griffin
So Troy Brown missed the bus and I already see concerned posts/tweets-perhaps he just had a bad morning? Said as much on twitter. If it was due to laziness Yates would have dropped him.
taxidave
Peter Griffin wrote:So Troy Brown missed the bus and I already see concerned posts/tweets-perhaps he just had a bad morning? Said as much on twitter. If it was due to laziness Yates would have dropped him.
I don't know about "a bad morning" or even "laziness" but it is certainly poor discipline, what would have been Yates' approach if he had missed the bus to Hartlepool.
thetonga
I agree that O'Donnell and Anyinsah don't cut the mustard and shouldn't be kept on. With Rees, I was really impressed on Tuesday but not so much today, he looks good on paper but I feel some fans do just want to sign him because he played for Arsenal and not on actual merit. That said, I wouldn't mind seeing him again and he has been the trialist that would be most likely to sign. If we were to compare him with Hanks though as teenage midfielder for the future, he looks streets ahead.

Harrison's first touch is woeful and he really couldn't finish anything that isn't in the air. He really worries me in that Cureton needs a partner who gets goals too, I hope Gornell will be that man.

Although Deering looked good today, he was never in position and he really isn't a left winger, getting Rooney/ Myrie Williams/ whoever really is a priority now to balance the team. To play Deering, he has to play in a free role behind the striker but that puts pressure on the other 9 outfield players to be able to compete to allow the luxury of playing a formation with the player who floats around.
bigdavejambo
O'Donnell was dreadful when he was at Stockport in the BSP. I had to double check to make sure it wasnt the same one.
Prestbury Park
bigdavejambo wrote:O'Donnell was dreadful when he was at Stockport in the BSP. I had to double check to make sure it wasnt the same one.
Stockport another one of your teams ?
darreno
Where was Richards?
Robin
Injured with a slight knock same as the other trialist.
Jon Palmer
Matt Richards had a tight groin after the Evesham game, but nothing to worry about.

George Bowerman has a thigh injury, slightly more serious.
darreno
Thanks Jon. Shame about Bowerman bit surprised Walsall let him go