Boo boy targets.

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

paperboy
Judging from a few comments I've read it looks like McGlashan and Harrison could be early candidates.

We all have our favourites, but getting on players backs is just so unhelpful.
We all get frustrated when things aren't going well, but getting behind players who are having an off -day is so much better.

I've seen Harrison labelled lazy which I've not really noticed myself and he can be unco-ordinated at times, but he's a pretty decent striker at this level.

McGlashan went off the boil towards the end of last season without doubt, but he's a vital part of our team.
I read that he didn't take on his full-back too much at Ciren.,but hasn't MY said that if defenders stand off him, it makes sense to get the ball in early.
Additionally, he works his socks off,doesn't shirk challenges and chips in with important goals.

Hope I'm wrong ,but it's bound to be somebody.
biker2012
im not surprised kaid mohammed left after the booing etc of last season.lets hope people will learn a lesson and noone gets booed.
Nesty
I think we should start the season with a clean sheer.
CS85
Ive mentioned both of those players from posts about yesterdays game,i actually rate both but just gave my opinions on that game,i wont be booing any ctfc players thats for sure!.
Reliant Robin
Fans should not boo their own players, simple as that. It does not help anyone, least of all the player(s) concerned. The effect it has on the rest of the team is bad as well, & just gives the opposition a boost. If there is anything that hands a game to the opposition, it is when so called 'fans' start boo-ing their own players. It's counter productive & destroys team morale. Players having an off game or two need encouragement & could do without being slaughtered by their own 'fans'.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
It's up to the other fans to drown at the boo-boys and support the team - it can be the difference between relegation and safety or promotion or not as all boo-boys contribute is harm to the club and they need to be silenced.
Last edited by RegencyCheltenhamSpa on 14 Jul 2013, 20:42, edited 1 time in total.
51/84
biker2012 wrote:im not surprised kaid mohammed left after the booing etc of last season.lets hope people will learn a lesson and noone gets booed.
I cannot be bothered looking for it but in his departure comments Mo said he enjoyed his time here so thats that knocked on the head
I pointed out at the end of last season that McGlashan was becoming a target because I suspect he kept win mom . because he did step overs etc and was being compared against Mo on goals and assist, and I argued chalk and cheese
one in the box for corners and free kicks and one on the halfway line.
As to Harrisson he needs a goal - confidence, but I would not describe him as lazy.
On a day like yesterday I would not expect any player to put in a 45 minute lung bursting shift in a friendly
Hubert Parry
I think Billy Jones, Jason Taylor and Terry Gornell could be targets this season. Obviously, I hope this isn't the case. There seems to be this unreasonable binary process which some football supporters use to judge players - where they are either brilliant or useless. I have come to accept that for as long as we are a bottom L1/top L2 side, our squad which consist of players who have great strengths and weaknesses - otherwise, they would not be playing for Cheltenham!
Malabus
I just do not understand a fan booing a player in the colours he supports. Not only that its distasteful.
rasta
Malabus wrote:I just do not understand a fan booing a player in the colours he supports. Not only that its distasteful.
agree,

on a side note, i did receive an email from Gerry Gill after saying we should not resign him because he was to slow! so players do read this shite sorry meant site.
51/84
why do we need a scapegoat? or target for booboys?
cheltsaxon
What a pathetic thread lets all start a thread about what if' and hope nots zzzzz nobodys booe'd anyone yet just spoke about the performance stop panicking!
Horteng
cheltsaxon wrote:What a pathetic thread lets all start a thread about what if' and hope nots zzzzz nobodys booe'd anyone yet just spoke about the performance stop panicking!
Here here!

I think McGlashan is about as much use as a hand brake on a donkey but I would never boo him nor any CTFC player. I would encourage and genuinely want him to do well but sadly that hasn't happened very often......
Robin
I do find threads like this rather strange, players at CTFC get an easy ride compared to most clubs, it's very rare for players to get abuse!

As for negative comments about Jermaine he is one of my favourite players but he is clearly low on confidence if that comment makes me a boo boy then so be it.
Shade
The handbrake on my donkey works perfectly. Also, I don't think Billy Jones will be targeted as long as he keeps getting assists and interacting with the fans during matches.
Shade
And McGlashan has a new hair cut. He looks so different I wouldn't recognise him if I hadn't seen this. Streamlining maybe? Or hoping that he's not recognised by Horteng :lol:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Malabus
Shade wrote:And McGlashan has a new hair cut. He looks so different I wouldn't recognise him if I hadn't seen this. Streamlining maybe? Or hoping that he's not recognised by Horteng :lol:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Recognise him here...Image
Slothar
Boo boys. It really saddens me that in this day and age, such sexism prevails. Women have as much right to boo as their male counterparts. Boo people.
Boo boys. It really saddens me that in this day and age, such ageism prevails. The elderly have as much right to boo as their youthful counterparts.
And let’s face it, some of the old croakers around Whaddon communicate almost exclusively in boos, moans and grumbles and should not be denied their freedom of speech. It’s political correctness gone mad.
Shade
Malabus wrote:
Shade wrote:And McGlashan has a new hair cut. He looks so different I wouldn't recognise him if I hadn't seen this. Streamlining maybe? Or hoping that he's not recognised by Horteng :lol:
N64!!!
Malabus
Shade wrote:
Malabus wrote:
N64!!!
Pilot Wings.
Shade
Actually, I do hope that is Jermaine and not just a picture of some random kid with no trousers on, and his family. But I expect Jermaine wishes it was some random kid posted on the RNF....
Judge_Dreddful
biker2012 wrote:im not surprised kaid mohammed left after the booing etc of last season.lets hope people will learn a lesson and noone gets booed.
I never heard anyone actually booing Mohamed. I heard enough plenty of grumbles and comments of 'for f#!$ sake...' when he lost the ball - which was often - but never any actual booing. What games did this happen in?
horlickfanclub
I will be cheering all our players this season. Booing is for panto fans. -----oh yes it is