Little bird tells me the pitch isnt all good

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

C.V
And Saturdays game with Gloucester is only 50/50 the pitch isnt bonding as expected dont shoot the messenger.
51/84
I too have heard that there are poor spots but that our chairman wants the match on Saturday to go on where as others dont
It would be a shame to let down two charity games in a week ;)
Malabus
Grass is a life form and has intelligence it knows the squatters are coming for 10 months (+) and refuses to bond; because the grass is distressed. It's scientifically proven that grass hates non-league soccer.
Ctfc0
Malabus wrote:Grass is a life form and has intelligence it knows the squatters are coming for 10 months (+) and refuses to bond; because the grass is distressed. It's scientifically proven that grass hates non-league soccer.
Funny because its true
taxidave
If there are problems with the pitch then it would be sensible to cancel the fixture, it is after all only a pre-season friendly against a non league side and judging by the comments on CoF even their fans are not very interested in it.
I think neil's sat nav is on the blink because he seems to think he will have to cross the Humber Bridge to get to Whaddon Road, it's a good job he doesn't deliver the letters in Cheltenham. :lol:
art vandalay
Perhaps we could switch the game to Easton-in-Gordano? Wait ...
Flux
No problems in cancelling this game off to save our pitch. Not like its a massive money spinning game with Real Madrid or Man Utd. Could always ask the council if we could play the game on the Rec give us practice on a churned up pitch early on so when the tiggers wreck it again we know how to deal with it, mind you that surface might be too good for them too.
Daveangel
https://twitter.com/jamesbrownctfc/stat ... 7723105280" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Malabus
You are in Spain and I will be in Serbia glued to the internet counting the Ruby goals.
Daveangel
Hopefully it will be videoed so we can watch all the action upon our return. :)