Bowerman unlikely to return

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Robin
Well this will upset Pie...
http://www.gloucestershireecho.co.uk/Ch ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
51/84
I expect that he wanted a good wage and we can get a loan player for less
Disappointed as I thought he would add to the strike force
ODennell must be on the way out having signed the LB loan
Chelt Luke in Glos
So it looks like no trailists will be signing on! Shame I see promise in Rees and Bowerman. Even Anyinsah would be good as backup
Shade
Very disappointed really. What's the point of taking these triallists if even when the fans think they're good enough they're let go. We must take on about 5% of triallists in the last 10 years.
51/84
I said it we would not take any
They maybe back up , but really they are just making up numbers
thetonga
To be fair he scored his goal (deflected?) against Evesham but did very little else, he didn't set the world alight.
Flux
Its a shame that Bowerman and Rees cant be fitted into our budget but if theres cheaper out there. 3 out of 4 triallists gone, you get a sneeky feeling that Danny O'Donnell might just be in with a short of a short term deal he is bound to be fairly cheap and he must be showing MY something in training to still be here.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Very disappointed really. What's the point of taking these triallists if even when the fans think they're good enough they're let go. We must take on about 5% of triallists in the last 10 years.
Surely not claiming the fans would be better at selecting players? Fans saw him in the friendly game - which is purely fitness exercise for players so hard to judge anything in terms of quality or team-fit, whereas Yates had him at training putting him through his paces where the real trial was happening.
Shade
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Shade wrote:Very disappointed really. What's the point of taking these triallists if even when the fans think they're good enough they're let go. We must take on about 5% of triallists in the last 10 years.
Surely not claiming the fans would be better at selecting players? Fans saw him in the friendly game - which is purely fitness exercise for players so hard to judge anything in terms of quality or team-fit, whereas Yates had him at training putting him through his paces where the real trial was happening.
MY basically said he can't offer him anything due to budget, not because he isn't good enough. I realise we didn't have all of our current strikers in at the time he came on trial but I guess we're either going with 3 out-and-out strikers or we're going to get a cheap loan and hope he comes good.
Pie
Was disappointed to read this.
Bowerman would have been a fantastic signing for us.
With a decent supply he would have been another 15+ goal a season striker.
He's young, and has the ability, just needs to be given a chance.

Someone is going to have a cracking striker for free.
Doubt his wages were a stumbling point, he was at Walsall, who don't exactly pay massive wages, and he is desperate to stay in League football.

I honestly think this is one that we have missed out on, and could be someone who comes back to haunt us.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
He'll be banging them in with Matt Green in two seasons in the Premier League.
Hubert Parry
I didn't think that Yates' budget was being cut, yet we seem to have run empty despite releasing the wages of Carter, Benson, Harrad, Mohamed, Hector and Pack (soon enough)?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Depends how much the likes of Cureton and Richards are on....

Duffy's wage too do not forget.

I believe we budgeted for promotion and fell short, so some costs have been cut.
Robin
I believe we have a larger budget than we did at the start of last season. Don't forget that the Benson wages were covered by external investment not from the playing budget.
Shade
The budget might not have run dry, MY may have irons in the fire and would rather spend his money on different players?
Flux
If its true that we are still paying a wage to Pack until he gets sorted out then no doubt that will be affecting the current budget and once he signs for Crawley or whoever takes him on then maybe that money can be channeled back into the playing budget, for the likes of Bowerman, Rees or whoever else MY has his eye on.
PilgrimInPeace
Don't be too disappointed, Bowerman is a good player and would have scored goals for you, but his attitude is atrocious