Sky Bet League 2

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Shade
Doesn't quite have the same ring to it as nPower L2 or Coca-Cola L2, does it? Not that anybody says the sponsors when talking about the league anyway.

http://www.ctfc.com/news/article/new-le ... 28637.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chelt Luke in Glos
My thoughts exactly. I preferd the 'npower league 2'. Hopefully we might get a regular league fixture televised next year
Hubert Parry
Not that it bothers me particularly, but I am disappointed that the best bid is from a gambling company. At a time when many people are financially vulnerable, the explosion of betting sites, adverts etc could be a fatal temptation for some.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Hubert Parry wrote:Not that it bothers me particularly, but I am disappointed that the best bid is from a gambling company. At a time when many people are financially vulnerable, the explosion of betting sites, adverts etc could be a fatal temptation for some.
Cisse seems the only person in football who cares: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23347131" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shade
The way I read it, it's Sky Sports' deal, but instead of calling it Sky Sports Football League, they've opted to use Sky Bet instead.
Very shady, but then would you expect anything else.
paperboy
Hubert Parry wrote:Not that it bothers me particularly, but I am disappointed that the best bid is from a gambling company. At a time when many people are financially vulnerable, the explosion of betting sites, adverts etc could be a fatal temptation for some.
They can always take out a pay day loan.
Si Robin
Shade wrote:The way I read it, it's Sky Sports' deal, but instead of calling it Sky Sports Football League, they've opted to use Sky Bet instead.
Very shady, but then would you expect anything else.
Its not uncommon. Arsenal used to be sponsored by Sega and had Dreamcast on their home shirts.

Didn't Atletico Madrid used to be sponsored by a film studio and basically advertised different films every few weeks?