Another profitable season

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

51/84
I understand that our chairman said that last season was another profitable one
So if out turnover is about £1.5million our playing budget is 55% but see John Wards comments
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23380288" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If we have spent it all then any loans in will have to be cheap
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Not sure if I agree with Ward. If the wage cap prevents him getting more players in, then they're either paying too high wages to those already there and/or are a small club and need to accept that.

If you can change the rules due to an injury, then it does nothing to stop unsustainable spending!

Shows the importance of extra revenue - if Gloucester pay us £45k that's another £24.75k we can add to the wage bill without breaking the 55% cap. If we had a better stand with more non-match-day revenue coming in, that increases further.
CS85
Agree,i would guess there budget is pretty big for this league anyway,make do like the rest of us :roll:
C.V
But Mr Ward you have to realise you are managing at little old Bristol Rovers bit like your time here when you complained about little old Cheltenham Town live with it every one else does.
Reliant Robin
Ward's argument is that a long list of injured players when included as part of a wage cap, means that teams cannot bring in additional cover. Are Rovers unfortunate to have a long list of injuries, or do they not have a physio up to anywhere near the standard of Weso?

All praise to Ian Weston. Cheltenham's absolute un-sung hero. Our Player's are in exceptionally good hands.
Robin
51/84 wrote:I understand that our chairman said that last season was another profitable one
So if out turnover is about £1.5million our playing budget is 55% but see John Wards comments
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23380288" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If we have spent it all then any loans in will have to be cheap
Our budget is over a million, confirmed by PB, how much of that is made up of external investment I am not sure.
paperboy
Reliant Robin wrote:Ward's argument is that a long list of injured players when included as part of a wage cap, means that teams cannot bring in additional cover. Are Rovers unfortunate to have a long list of injuries, or do they not have a physio up to anywhere near the standard of Weso?

All praise to Ian Weston. Cheltenham's absolute un-sung hero. Our Player's are in exceptionally good hands.
There's no doubt that Rovers have been exceptionally unlucky with injuries in the past year,whilst we on the other hand have been exceptionally fortunate these last two seasons.
Whilst it is agreed that much of this is due to the backroom staff with players avoiding pulls and strains etc., one cannot legislate for players breaking bones etc.

Lets hope that the law of averages doesn't work against us this season.
CS85
The planning of the older players is obviously working,did steve elliott even miss any games last season?.lets hope it works for cureton aswell.