Prediction

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

trickster
I don’t necessarily agree with their prediction, I thought Pack’s form was very sketchy last season and first half he was quite poor, and Mo well you’ve only got to read what fans have said about him on here he’s not everyone’s favourite player, some of this seasons signings look good on paper and some have potential but you can’t really tell until the season starts how they will perform, also I think the prediction is just another back handed complement, and what I disagree with is I don’t think the two players mention were as influential last season as is suggested in the assessment. http://thetwounfortunates.com/ttu-go-pr ... -2-preview
51/84
I agree with you
we need a team where the whole is greater than the parts
we also need consistency and to remain injury free
If we can achieve those 3 we will have a good season
Robin
It strikes me very much as an ill informed prediction.
Hubert Parry
I agree with it I am afraid.
Cinderford robin
in my opinion we have a stronger team than we have in the last two season. this season yates has brought in proven quality at this level who will work as a team, don't get me wrong we have had quality before but individual and that don't make a consistent team Just moments of brilliance and that's what we have had. this year I believe we could go up but we do have a tough start.
Seefacts
Rubbish.

At the very least we'll match the last two seasons. Maybe Cureton could be that extra something that pushes us on.

If we get a strong back up CB and maybe another loanee, we'll be a force this year.
Joey
I wouldn't describe Mohammed as a "pivotal" player, maybe the 11-12 season but the last season, no. This article seems like a load of rubbish anyway.
Seefacts
Joey wrote:I wouldn't describe Mohammed as a "pivotal" player, maybe the 11-12 season but the last season, no. This article seems like a load of rubbish anyway.
I agree.

I liked Mo and think he did a good job here, but last season wasn't quite the same - probably due to that injury he picked up early on in the season.

At the very least we're of equal quality to last year.
Shade
Equal quality at the moment, if not slightly stronger, and with 1 or 2 players to come in still that might push us further into the stronger column.
Robin
I would argue we are a lot stronger now than we were one year ago. While you have to acknowledge the side we had at the end of last season would be on a par with this the side which started without Benson and Hector was not.
C.V
The only worry l have is if Cureton starts banging them in will he be consigned to the bench as has happened to our leading scorers in the last two seasons
Joey
C.V wrote:The only worry l have is if Cureton starts banging them in will he be consigned to the bench as has happened to our leading scorers in the last two seasons
Shut up.

:roll:
taxidave
Joey wrote:
C.V wrote:The only worry l have is if Cureton starts banging them in will he be consigned to the bench as has happened to our leading scorers in the last two seasons
Shut up.

I really do not feel that there was any need for a reply like that.
You may feel that the truth about Yates' team selection is unpalatable but I do not think that you should be insulting regular posters to this forum in such an uncouth way.
Joey
taxidave wrote:
Joey wrote:
Shut up.

I really do not feel that there was any need for a reply like that.
You may feel that the truth about Yates' team selection is unpalatable but I do not think that you should be insulting regular posters to this forum in such an uncouth way.
Everytime a striker scoring lots of goals for us is mentioned, somebody always has to bloody say that. It's boring and pathetic.
taxidave
Joey wrote:
Everytime a striker scoring lots of goals for us is mentioned, somebody always has to bloody say that. It's boring and pathetic.
It may, in your opinion, be boring and pathetic but there was no need for such a rude reply.
Pie
My prediction, Harrison the striker to score the least and end up in the stands.
Pie
Just read the article, Burton to go into the automatics? Where do these guys get their theories from?
51/84
so we now have a striker that is not scoring goals
a winger who cannot cross the ball

We need to get behind these players rather than knocking them
MY will sort them out in a positive way
Alsop and Naylor had Lee Williams
Harrison and Cureton have McGlashan

Goals goals goals
asl
51/84 wrote:Alsop and Naylor had Lee Williams
Harrison and Cureton have McGlashan
I wasn't actually concerned until you put it like that...
Shade
At this stage of the season, I reckon all our players will have immense seasons and we'll win the league. Pre-season optimism.
taxidave
Shade wrote:At this stage of the season, I reckon all our players will have immense seasons and we'll win the league. Pre-season optimism.
Yes I agree that is the only way to prepare for a new season, the only problem is that all the fans of the other 72 clubs will be thinking exactly the same.
Shade
Yup. So no point in starting behind them mentally
C.V
Soorry Shade l must have dreamt Duffy and Harrod were sat on the bench for the majority of last season my mistake.
CS85
I think the wingers are going to end up playing less than normall this season.reckon yates is going to go for the diamond,hes got the perfect players for it.

......................brown

Sido......brown........elliott.........jones

......................taylor

.............penn............richards

.....................deering

..........cureton..........gornelll

We all saw deering perform at his best in the role just behind the strikers,the movement of cureton and gornell will only help him more,richards and penn a left footer and right,and taylor to do what he does and get stuck in.
I really like the look of that team.
Also penn and richards arent strangers to going out wide so they can offer some width if needed at certain points in the games.
51/84
Can Penn cross the ball. Richards is unknown to me as a crosser or not

Much as I like the proposed diamond what happens if one of them is injured. Do we have the back up or do we end up having to change tactics
NormanP
3 pre season games so far
Cureton scores in two - with a winger
In the third no forward scores - we play a diamond

just saying
Shade
C.V wrote:Soorry Shade l must have dreamt Duffy and Harrod were sat on the bench for the majority of last season my mistake.
What's that got to do with me? I didn't mention Duffy, Harrad or last season.
C.V
Sorry should read Joey
Pie
51/84 wrote:Alsop and Naylor had Lee Williams
Gornell and Cureton have McGlashan

Goals goals goals
Corrected it for you ;)
El Capitano
The diamond was painful season before last. Remember Oxford at home? Nice sunny day, despressing diamond formation.
Chelt Luke in Glos
Does anyone think Vincent is better than Mo. Can he cross a ball?
51/84
Dont do that again Pie
I am not best pleased

I considered Gornell as opposed to Harrison and I am afraid Harrison wins
A big striker and a little one just like Alsop and Naylor.
I see Gornell as the last 30 minute partner for Harrison, not the other way round

I think that once Harrison bangs in a couple and people get off his back he will be fine

So stop being a smart arse and justify why you would have Gornell partner Cureton
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
51/84 wrote:Dont do that again Pie
I am not best pleased

I considered Gornell as opposed to Harrison and I am afraid Harrison wins
A big striker and a little one just like Alsop and Naylor.
I see Gornell as the last 30 minute partner for Harrison, not the other way round

I think that once Harrison bangs in a couple and people get off his back he will be fine

So stop being a smart arse and justify why you would have Gornell partner Cureton
He is a more experienced and in my view better player.
Pie
51/84 wrote: I think that once Harrison bangs in a couple and people get off his back he will be fine

Harrison has been nothing but lazy since he has joined us.
As I posted in another topic, Yates was constantly shouting at him on Saturday telling him "get in the box Byron!" once he had gingerly jogged into the box, the ball was back out and heading the other direction.
Yates tole him again and again, just after Kotwica was fouled Yates shouted "you need to work for it if you want it Byron" Byron looked at Yates turned around and shook his head.
I am not the only one who has noticed this, and I would love to see him succeed, however with his current attitude and work ethos, he will have to shake he head and shrug his shoulders on the bench, unless we sign someone another striker resulting in another seat in the stand being filled.

Gornell on the other hand is like a mad man possessed. He runs around looking for space and opportunity. He isn't afraid to work hard, and try some of the half chances. This can be a downfall of his as people will criticize him for "wasting a chance".
Gornell and Cureton may not be the biggest of players, but with the supply balls from the likes of Richards, Penn, Deering, McGlashan and Vincent there will be plenty of chances and goals.

We all dream of another partnership like Naylor and Alsop, however I cannot see Harrison in that Alsop role.
Shade
I didn't see Harrison being lazy at all in any of the league games he played for us last season.