Kotwica

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

CS85
I onow he came on against a right back who had already played 75 mins but what a little performance he put in,ctfc offer this kid a proper deal asap.
SteveBurnsTV
Good player. Sign him up. Impressed so far
Hubert Parry
Sounds like a very exciting prospect. All I will say about friendlies is that they tend to bring the best out of youth players because they treat it as a competitive fixture. I remember watching some fine Corbett and Buttery displays in preseason games in the past and where are they now? It will be interesting to see how much competitive action Kotwica will get.
CS85
Fair points,he looks alot better than any youth ve seen come through in my 16 years of watching ctfc,deffo needs to hit the gym though,bulk up abit!
I-Love-CTFC
Hubert Parry wrote:Sounds like a very exciting prospect. All I will say about friendlies is that they tend to bring the best out of youth players because they treat it as a competitive fixture. I remember watching some fine Corbett and Buttery displays in preseason games in the past and where are they now? It will be interesting to see how much competitive action Kotwica will get.
I remember Theo Lewis playing well and scoring against Southampton, everyone thought he'd be the next big thing. Kotwica, from what I have seen and heard sounds a really good prospect and looks up for the physical battle unlike previous youth players (Emery, Lewis, Watkins)
Cheltenhamshire
The challenge is in trying to keep hold of him!
taxidave
Cheltenhamshire wrote:The challenge is in trying to keep hold of him!
Blimey...he has only played a few minutes in a couple of pre season friendlies, two of which were against non league opposition and yet you are talking as though he is the next Beckham.
Let's see how he gets on when we are up in Morcambe on a cold, wet, and foggy night before we start to judge.
C.V
Early days but the two games l have seen he does have that something special about him if he can keep it going could be a very good prospect.
ctfc-fan
taxidave wrote:
Cheltenhamshire wrote:The challenge is in trying to keep hold of him!
Blimey...he has only played a few minutes in a couple of pre season friendlies, two of which were against non league opposition and yet you are talking as though he is the next Beckham.
Let's see how he gets on when we are up in Morcambe on a cold, wet, and foggy night before we start to judge.
You may jest Dave but Arsenal took that young lad from us and Everton took the two brothers and neither of them had played in our first team.
51/84
if someone offers silly money hes gone
as said defensively weak ( mainly physically) going forward looks promising but MY cannot afford to play him if we are not wining the league, same goes for hanks and williams
Robin
There were rumours Villa were looking at Kotwica so putting him on a pro contract would certainly mean we would get a decent fee unlike now.
baggy89
For the love of f#!$...

Good luck Zach don't listen to bitter old halfwits.
taxidave
baggy89 wrote:For the love of f#!$...

Or people who cannot spell your name correctly. :roll:
baggy89
Yawn.

I have a feeling that although Kotwica now spells his name Zack that he may be have been Christened Zachary. I'm quite happy to be proved wrong and apologise for any offence caused by the use of Zach.
mattyboi
51/84 wrote:if someone offers silly money hes gone
as said defensively weak ( mainly physically) going forward looks promising but MY cannot afford to play him if we are not wining the league, same goes for hanks and williams
Why cant he afford to play young players? If they show more hunger and better end product than older players on the training field, why not play them? Yes, they might not have experience, but you wont get that warming the bench or cleaning boots. If your good enough, you play!
trickster
Pie
I-Love-CTFC wrote:I remember Theo Lewis playing well and scoring against Southampton, everyone thought he'd be the next big thing.
I mentioned Theo Lewis on the chat with JP last night.
Impressed during preseason and people were raving about him yet couldn't muster a decent performance in the league.
Kotwica however looks to be a very good prospect.
I know Stoke and Villa were sniffing about last season and it wouldnt surprise me if other clubs came looking this season.

I believe that he will be sent out on loan to gain experience, a 3-6month loan with a BSB or FL club will only aid him and give him valuable experience.
We cannot afford to leave him in the reserves and play once a month.
RTT
Who says he will not feature in the first team, as sub possibly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Pie
I'm not saying he wont however I would rather send him on a 3month loan to get 70minutes every saturday, than put him on for 10-20 minutes with us every saturday.
Especially if this would free up a space/funds for Bowerman to come in.
Robin
To be honest a month or two at Gloucester may be great for the lad.
QED
A month at Gloucester wouldn't do anyone any good! Kidderminster or Forest Green.
taxidave
G G T T H wrote:
taxidave wrote:
baggy89 wrote:For the love of f#!$...

Or people who cannot spell your name correctly. :roll:

The season hasn't even kicked off properly yet and the petty spelling issues spring up already !!!! Surprisingly enough by one of the usual protagonists, no wonder the vast majority of regular posters have slowly but surely disappeared from the nest over the last couple of seasons, such a shame as it used to be such a good forum before all of this pettiness started
Perhaps if I had not been referred to as a "bitter old halfwit" I would not have retorted by pointing out the spelling error. :roll:
Coops
baggy89 wrote:Yawn.

I have a feeling that although Kotwica now spells his name Zack that he may be have been Christened Zachary. I'm quite happy to be proved wrong and apologise for any offence caused by the use of Zach.
No offence taken by me but just for the record he was christened Zackariah Jozef Kotwica.
Shade
Good old fashioned English name.
taxidave
Shade wrote:Good old fashioned English name.
Our opinions are obviously Poles apart on this one. :lol: :lol: