Jamie Edge

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

C.V
Haven't seen anything mentioned on here but he played a pre season friendly for The Tiggers yesterday.Glad we got our rumored six figure fee from Arsenal for the lad.Just goes to show how hard it is for youngsters to make the grade.They can look world beaters at aged 14-16 year olds then bang it all goes pear shaped.How demoralizing can it be going from Premiership to jumpers for goal posts league in just three seasons.
51/84
Its called chasing the dream
He may have been better staying here and getting lge 2 experience
It is always a risk but its like wining the lottery someone has to

Having said that will MY risk putting Zak on for 10 minutes
Harriers9
He played for a Harriers XI at Stourport Swifts last Saturday.

Didn't impress much.
Pie
I thought he signed for Newport? Or was that a trial?
Robin
Newport were very keen and took him on a tour of Germany, suprised he has dropped as low as Gloucester.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Maybe he really likes Burger Star.
gcafcfan
I believe he was going to decide between joining us and a Conference Premier club, not sure who the Conference Premier club was.
taxidave
gcafcfan wrote:I believe he was going to decide between joining us and a Conference Premier club, not sure who the Conference Premier club was.
I wouldn't have thought that there would be much competition there when it comes to wages, unless of course the other club doesn't exist and is being used by him to get more money from you. :shock:
It really surprised me to find out how far down the football pyramid he seems to have fallen, I am sure it cannot all be due to his ability.
I-Love-CTFC
Talk about a fall from grace.
asl
Hang on a minute... He was a youngster who had potential. He didn't develop in the way Arsenal (nor us) hoped he would. Big clubs take this sort of chance all the time and I bet the success rate is FAR less than 50%. Arsenal thought he was worth a punt so he must have shown something - but, for whatever reason, he didn't progress. I don't think this is a "fall from grace" - afterall, he probably hasn't got worse: he just didn't improve to the standard required. Well done to the lad for at least showing a glimmer of talent that we probably all wished we had.
Pie
Same as the boy wonder Freddy Adu
mattyboi
Let's be honest, this is probably what he needs. At his age he needs to be playing, a spell of regular football against full grown adults will do him the world of good. You never know it might just be the opportunity and shop window he needs to spring back into the football league!
Dave Beesley
Plenty of cases of players heading upwards at a young age, dropping into non-league, then settling off in L1/Championship. He's not done yet. Just ask Sam Foley.
Pie
Sam is a good example, when he left Cheltenham he felt his chance had gone however Newport was his enigma and he has just signed a 2 year extension with the Championship new boys, Yeovil.

I can't remember the name of the defender we sold to stoke but he is now at Burton in their Development squad!
Robin
Ben Markell was the player we sold to Stoke.
Pie
That's him, now at Burtons development centre!
Neil
taxidave wrote:
gcafcfan wrote:I believe he was going to decide between joining us and a Conference Premier club, not sure who the Conference Premier club was.
I wouldn't have thought that there would be much competition there when it comes to wages, unless of course the other club doesn't exist and is being used by him to get more money from you. :shock:
It really surprised me to find out how far down the football pyramid he seems to have fallen, I am sure it cannot all be due to his ability.
I know who they are.
taxidave
Neil wrote:
taxidave wrote:
I know who they are.
Come on then neil tell us.
Neil
No.

When I interviewed Boris on Saturday he didn't name the club so I'm not going to. You'll find out on Wednesday when he plays for them.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Pie wrote:Sam is a good example, when he left Cheltenham he felt his chance had gone however Newport was his enigma and he has just signed a 2 year extension with the Championship new boys, Yeovil.

I can't remember the name of the defender we sold to stoke but he is now at Burton in their Development squad!
enigma?
Pie
Sorry, dont know why i put enigma, exigency would be better :P
Pie
Neil wrote:You'll find out on Wednesday when he plays for them.
Certainly looks like you know what you're talking about Neil

http://m.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/st ... gory=sport" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TLS
He played in a trialist XI for Salisbury v Basingstoke on Tuesday.
Neil
Pie wrote:
Neil wrote:You'll find out on Wednesday when he plays for them.
Certainly looks like you know what you're talking about Neil

http://m.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/st ... gory=sport" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If that was supposed to be sarcastic, try harder next time or you'll end up looking a cock again :)
Pie
Neil wrote: If that was supposed to be sarcastic, try harder next time or you'll end up looking a cock again :)
If I wanted to look like a cock Neil I'd put on a gloucester shirt and come join you Neil and then try and get in all the gloucester games for free.
In fact, I'm going to start my own forum and anyone* can join

*anyone I deem acceptable, it's an "open forum" of course, one that anyone can join IF I say so.
Shade
Pie wrote:
Neil wrote: If that was supposed to be sarcastic, try harder next time or you'll end up looking a cock again :)
If I wanted to look like a cock Neil I'd put on a gloucester shirt and come join you Neil and then try and get in all the gloucester games for free.

*anyone I deem acceptable, it's an "open forum" of course, one that anyone can join IF I say so.
Nice :)
Neil
Pie wrote:

Good on you.

You still made yourself look a cock with your sarcastic post though :)