BBC

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
On Final Score live on TV they say it was 2-3, showed the pools as an away win and also the league table with us on 0 pts and Burton on 3pts.

No websites had updated scores since half-time for all of L1 and L2.

Thank God for Facebook and Twitter!
Jebolani
Probably because of their disallowed goal in the last 10 minutes.
trickster
Same score on SKY 2-3, given out in their classified, tossers. :evil:
Robin
Wtf, Burton didn't have three shots on target all game they did have a disallowed goal for a clear handball but it was clearly not a goal.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Be interesting to see what the papers print tomorrow - 2-2 or 2-3.

What happens if a poor pensioner thinks he has won the pools (the results were 'classified' after all), but actually hasn't?
ROKERITE
I thought you'd lost. It's only now, with this thread, that I've discovered you drew. Oh well, although disappointed you threw away a two goal lead, I'm relieved that you got a point.
It was odd watching Final Score, which wasn't on till 4.25, because there was no videoprinter.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Sunderland fan?
robinsrule
Ys, I was following on the Beeb from abroad and I wondered what the hell was going on! Then I looked on the official site and it also had the HT score at 5:40.... then I looked on yet another website and it showed that we'd lost 3-2. So basically I had no clue what was happening!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
robinsrule wrote:Ys, I was following on the Beeb from abroad and I wondered what the hell was going on! Then I looked on the official site and it also had the HT score at 5:40.... then I looked on yet another website and it showed that we'd lost 3-2. So basically I had no clue what was happening!
Media don't care if it's not Premier League weekend.
ROKERITE
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Sunderland fan?
Yes, and Talksport have just read out Cheltenham2 Burton3 at 6.18pm.
I've backed you on the ante-post handicap, thus my particular interest.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
ROKERITE wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Sunderland fan?
Yes, and Talksport have just read out Cheltenham2 Burton3 at 6.18pm.
I've backed you on the ante-post handicap, thus my particular interest.
TalkSport would struggle to get it right at the best of times.

I might be heading down (I live in North Tyneside) to the Estadio dy Luz in two weeks for the Sunderland vs Fulham match - this time when 2-0 down you won't be so lucky! Hopefully the Bent deal will have gone through by then.

With the Mags a couple of weeks later it's a good start of the season for me, and hopefully Fulham's quota of away wins for the year secured nice and early.
RTT
All the media get the results from the same source, I believe it is Associated Press or something like that. They all had problems since half time.
Malabus
RTT wrote:I believe it is Associated Press.
Correct.
asl
Anyone know the Celtic score? At 21:25, BBC Sport is headlining a Celtic win - but the link goes to a page stuck on 54 mins with the scores at 1-1...
Hubert Parry
There were a few howlers last season with Assoc Press. They really need to sort themselves out.
trickster
I wonder if anyone picked up at the bookies on the 2-3 score line it seems everyone got sucked in.
Red Duke
My computer crashed at 16:25 this afternoon. I was listening to Robins Player (I see it was up to its usual standard - commentary on and off all the time) and so gave up with it. Started to watch final score on BBC and saw the score as 2-3 and I couldn't be bothered to re-start the computer.

Feeling a tad miserable for the most of the evening - I decided at 21:50 to look at the official site to read Mark Yates thoughts on the game and I was very pleasantly surprised to see that the final score was 2-2.

Doesn't say much for AP and the quality check of news reports. You would have thought they would have a back-up plan if the communication system fails. I know they could use a landline to call in the result - just like they used to.
Peter Griffin
I was imagining the annoyance at someone who had Burton to win in their accumulator, saw the score on various outlets as 2-3, was happily celebrating their windfall, only to discover it actually ended honours even.
Nesty
went to "the local" tonight and was welcomed by sneers from people who thought we had lost 2-3, and didnt believe when I said it was 2-2
I looked on the BBC site to get some feedback as to how many fouls were committed in the game and how many yellow cards. I just cannot believe how the side that committed least fouls (us) can have so many players booked.
If thats what the standard of refereeing is going to be like I wont be wasting much more of my money having my intelligence insulted.
Hubert Parry
They have also failed to upload the Football League Show, which is aired at an insulting time as it is.
leohoenig
Malabus wrote:
RTT wrote:I believe it is Associated Press.
Correct.
I think the contract is now with Opta
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I'm sure someone at the ground would happily send in a score update to the BBC for free...
Uppy
I thought Sky Sports were trying to have reporters at every game, or has that not started yet?
Hubert Parry
Also noticed that there is a lack of consistency between match reports - most have no team line ups, which I find to be pretty important!

BBC are having a shocker this weekend on so many levels.
asl
Never mind: the new Doctor Who is going to be announced in a live show this evening, so there's time to make up for it yet. Especially if it's Idris Elba or James Nesbitt.
leohoenig
asl wrote:Never mind: the new Doctor Who is going to be announced in a live show this evening, so there's time to make up for it yet. Especially if it's Idris Elba or James Nesbitt.
Good job they announced the show in the news today, or I might never have known. When Patrick Troughton replaced William Hartnell in the role, we had no news conference to let us know, we had to actually watch the show.
Ralph
Nesty wrote: If thats what the standard of refereeing is going to be like I wont be wasting much more of my money having my intelligence insulted.
you say this every year :) although i think the first game of the season might be a record
bennox
As a counterpoint to yesterday's confusion, I'm amused to see that according to the highlights on Robins Player the score was Cheltenham Town 3 – 1 Burton Albion. :D