Yates blasts referee

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Rick
paperboy wrote:
everyman wrote:
Nesty wrote:Yates is getting tetchy with the interviewers, sounds almost arrogant
He does have an awful habit of turning away from the camera as though he is looking for a way out of his discomfort at being questioned ?
Yes , he's definitely not a natural in front of the cameras.
He does the same when on the regional football show.
It's as if he's on the look out for someone chasing after him.
I'm sure i haven't seen him featured on Crimewatch.
A bit Shifty then ;) ;) :D
Horteng
Nesty wrote:Yates is getting tetchy with the interviewers, sounds almost arrogant
Yes as I mentioned last week...... What ever happens in matches Yatsie needs to stop acting like a spoilt brat..... As you say he is becoming arrogant in these interviews...... Is this part of the Pro Licence?
Educated Bertie
Mr Yates never looks the interviewers in the eye, giving himself the unwarranted impression of being utterly bored by the tediousness of the experience.
leohoenig
There is always the possibility that it is a warranted impression
ctfcshire
51/84 wrote: The second half had a spell of passing which ended with Sammy hitting the bar but other than that it was hoof ball
His booking was spot on ( a bit harsh as it was mistimed )but still technically correct
It was never a booking not in a million years.
The bloke that barged into Scott Brown when he was about to start a counter attack should have been booked.
There penalty was not a penalty.
Our penalty appeal was not a penalty - Gornell dived.
The ref seemed to let everything go yet gave the softest of decisions when awarding a penalty to Burton it hit Penn's hand but they were down by his side and he raise his hand after it hit his hand I can only assume that the referee thought it was vice versa.
Si Robin
If their penalty had been the other way around, I daresay there would be a number of people on here going mad that we were robbed of a penalty. It's one of those which are more often given than not these days.

I believe Gornell went down easily. There would have been no excuse from Burton if the pen was given.
Shade
As Mark Halliwell said on his blog, what would be the point of Gornell diving? He was one-on-one with the keeper if he stayed on his feet.
Hubert Parry
Si Robin wrote:If their penalty had been the other way around, I daresay there would be a number of people on here going mad that we were robbed of a penalty. It's one of those which are more often given than not these days.

I believe Gornell went down easily. There would have been no excuse from Burton if the pen was given.
Exactly. I would have been the first standing up had Penn been a Burton player.
Shade
Hubert Parry wrote: Exactly. I would have been the first standing up had Penn been a Burton player.
First and longest then.

Oh, I took that out of context...
Robin
Hubert Parry wrote:
Si Robin wrote:If their penalty had been the other way around, I daresay there would be a number of people on here going mad that we were robbed of a penalty. It's one of those which are more often given than not these days.

A Burton player did the exact same thing about ten minutes before when we had a corner however it was waved away as ball to hand.
mattyboi
Shade wrote:As Mark Halliwell said on his blog, what would be the point of Gornell diving? He was one-on-one with the keeper if he stayed on his feet.
Trouble is footballers are NOT very clever!
Hubert Parry
Robin wrote:
Hubert Parry wrote:

A Burton player did the exact same thing about ten minutes before when we had a corner however it was waved away as ball to hand.
Then I would have stood up then had I been there and gestured like a man possessed.
Shade
mattyboi wrote:
Shade wrote:As Mark Halliwell said on his blog, what would be the point of Gornell diving? He was one-on-one with the keeper if he stayed on his feet.
Trouble is footballers are NOT very clever!
If we're doing general sweeping stereotypes, nor are football fans.
Last edited by Shade on 05 Aug 2013, 22:23, edited 1 time in total.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Hubert Parry wrote:
Then I would have stood up then had I been there and gestured like a man possessed.
Superbly articulated.