It's all in the mind with Harrison

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Video interview after his goal v Burton here: http://bit.ly/ByronHarrisonBurton" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Today it was in the net!
Robin
Goal apart I thought Byron didn't do enough today, lost out on a lot of headers and showed poor link up with Gornell.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:Goal apart I thought Byron didn't do enough today, lost out on a lot of headers and showed poor link up with Gornell.
How many did Gornell score?
NorthCotRobin
The most stationary centre forward I've ever seen. Doesn't work the channels like a good striker should, clogging up the middle of the park. Gornell is on a different level man of the match in my opinion, anything good went through him.
Robin
NorthCotRobin wrote:The most stationary centre forward I've ever seen. Doesn't work the channels like a good striker should, clogging up the middle of the park. Gornell is on a different level man of the match in my opinion, anything good went through him.
Absolutely spot on.
51/84
well I thought he did well considering the lack of game time, lack of confidence as hes gone down the pecjking order of strikers
He worked well, if you thought he was static then I wonder why he ran into the position for Gornell to pass to when he could have been played in
With supporters who cannot see that we cant have wayne rooney etc and have to make do with Harrison
Hopefully the goal and the chance to show will now help
Robin
Compare Harrison to Gornell and Cureton and there is a noticeable drop in ability 51/84. Don't get me wrong I believe Byron has a role to play but he needs to up his game more in my view.
Pie
He worked hard the first half, second half the whole team needed waking up. No movement at all, especially in the midfield. We resorted to playing "hoofball"
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Pie wrote:He worked hard the first half, second half the whole team needed waking up. No movement at all, especially in the midfield. We resorted to playing "hoofball"
Hoofball in August? :cry:
51/84
agree with pie hoofball 2nd half
Cinderford robin
Burton done a job second half got the goal took a forward off and went 451. Hard to break down.
Hubert Parry
Despite his stern face, I find it difficult not to like Byron. He is very honest and self-aware. I just hope he seizes the opportunity and gains confidence from it.
Jebolani
Still a lot to come from him. A run of games should do him some good!
Sprout Picker
Hubert Parry wrote:Despite his stern face, I find it difficult not to like Byron. He is very honest and self-aware. I just hope he seizes the opportunity and gains confidence from it.
Just watched the interview and can't help but agree with you HP, he comes across as a decent guy. Clearly confidence is a big thing for him so I hope he takes some from his goal and progresses.
everyman
Robin wrote:Goal apart I thought Byron didn't do enough today, lost out on a lot of headers and showed poor link up with Gornell.
Reminds me of Justin Richards in the way he doesn`t make the kind of run`s expected of a natural footballer and can look disinterested,maybe he should take the pen`s ?
Uppy
It's just some of the basics. A few misplaced passes here, a bad first touch there. It will come with games and confidence. He hasn't turned into a bad player over night.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Sprout Picker wrote:
Hubert Parry wrote:Despite his stern face, I find it difficult not to like Byron. He is very honest and self-aware. I just hope he seizes the opportunity and gains confidence from it.
Just watched the interview and can't help but agree with you HP, he comes across as a decent guy. Clearly confidence is a big thing for him so I hope he takes some from his goal and progresses.
The type of player who would really benefit from positive support from the home crowd - I feel if the fans get behind him he'll play well and be a good part of our team spirit and success, but if the boo-boys already emerging on here get any worse then it could all end unhappily.

C'mon Byron - looking forward to you leading the line the next few weeks and I know more goals will come!

COYR
Old Coventrian
More than any other position I think strikers need confidence, and they only get that with game time.
R_Payney
I thought he played very well on Saturday but the main problem was that he and Gornell are similar types of striker - both like to hold it up and pass it rather than make darting runs in behind like Cureton.

I really hope he comes good and the boo boys don't get on his back too quickly (as some already have) as he seems like he really wants to do well for us and the fans can be a big part of that if we get behind him.
51/84
RP , I dont see terry and Byron as similar
Terry is a good target man linking up play , a good inside forward as we used to call them or a no 10, whereas Byron is a striker who is looking to get the ball move into the box and score goals. He is not as much of a target man as Terry even though he is over 6ft
Cureton is different again as is AV. The result of our players being different in styles means that an injury results in a change in style as we do not have many positions where we have like for like replacements
Powelly
Regardless of what anyone thinks of Byron we need another striker on a months deal and assess it again after that month. Hope for good news of Cureton today but expect 6, atleast.