Our bench

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Nesty
pretty thin IMHO, especially with Cureton out for a while, there's nobody there to come off the bench and make a difference. OK - I'll say it - this squad not as good as last seasons!! 1st team may be as good but there is no strength in depth.
Hubert Parry
Agreed Nesty, and I explored this in my blog post. We have players who offer different things, but very few like-for-like replacements. Injuries could be a major problem, and something we have been very lucky with for two seasons.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Our bench last season was at times:

Lowe
Pack
Deering
Carter
Duffy
Harrad

How times change.
Hubert Parry
Although that is true, our first eleven wasn't as strong on those occasions. We could technically have a bench of Roberts, Brown, Jombati, Richards, McGlashan, Gornell, Cureton and that could be regarded as a very strong bench. It is the XI on the field that count, and we need players who can make a difference on the bench.

If we find ourselves chasing the game, I would not be sure that the likes of Deering, Harrison or Kotwica could change the game necessarily.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Hubert Parry wrote:Although that is true, our first eleven wasn't as strong on those occasions. We could technically have a bench of Roberts, Brown, Jombati, Richards, McGlashan, Gornell, Cureton and that could be regarded as a very strong bench. It is the XI on the field that count, and we need players who can make a difference on the bench.

If we find ourselves chasing the game, I would not be sure that the likes of Deering, Harrison or Kotwica could change the game necessarily.
Ok. It could equally have been Jones, Taylor, Carter, Mohammed, Harrison, Benson last season - depending on your preferred eleven.

The point was we regularly had players on the bench who could easily be starting in a top L2 side.
51/84
I think that we just about have the bench cover providing no long term injuries
AV/McGlashan/deering 1 of these 3
Taylor
Lowe
Roberts
Jones
Innis
and a striker out of our 3 ( although if 1 is injured its time for AV to step up