Great stuff Byron

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I was not at the game so can only rely on statistical facts - just checked the score to see the wonderful comeback and two more for Harrison.

Great start to the season for him. Can't wait til my first game to see Byron netting a couple more.
R_Payney
So so pleased for him. Confidence should be very high now!
Chelt Luke in Glos
Now that was a spirited preformance! Watch chesterfield Byrons about! :) :D
51/84
won the penalty as well and could have had a couple more
he has seized his opportunity just needs consistency
Shade
Shut a few people up around me in the crowd who were gobbing off in the firts 25 :D
Sprout Picker
I thought he was excellent tonight. Held the ball up well, took his goals nicely and linked up well with Gornell (and others). Good stuff. :)
asl
Lazy b#!#%#d, I was told...
Powelly
Well done Byron.

He said himself he generally starts the season well. He's got to carry this forward and apply himself in the same manor every week. He's proven he can do it, now we need it on a regular basis.
mattyboi
Shade wrote:Shut a few people up around me in the crowd who were gobbing off in the firts 25 :D
Shut afew up on here aswell!!
Joey
I was slightly annoyed to see people giving him a hard time during pre-season, good to see he's proved those people wrong - for now.
Robin
I didn't go last night but just as it appears he deserves praise for his effort I would suggest the criticism was not wide of the mark during pre-season.
Shade
Maybe Robin, but a lot of people were going way over the top for a few pre-season games. A bloke near me last night was saying he's the "laziest" and "most useless" striker we've had in the league. Obviously, that was before he won a penalty and scored 2 goals.
Jebolani
Byron was average pre-season, we knew that, he knew that. Some of you didn't give him a chance, I said he would prove himself!
51/84
agree with ^^

give the players a chance .
Byron needs to be doing it more often than not
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
How many times has it been said - pre-season is never a place to judge a player (unless a trialist or youth playing for a contract).

Unfortunately this does mean Boo-Boys always have an excuse to moronically abuse their target - even though a ball has not been kicked in earnest.

Now the season has begun, Byron has played in two competitive matches and bagged three goals.

The moral to any fan is 'wait for the season to get going before judging.'

Unfortunately Boo-Boys don't have any interest in fairly judging a player or doing their bit to support the team and player - abuse and victimisation is their only aim.

If Byron keeps scoring though it means the Boo-Boys will become more isolated and look more and more pathetic as actual fans appreciate the goals!
Horteng
Well done Byron

I get the impression he is a very laid back character which I think may show through in his game as being lazy but I don't think he is.

Lets hope this is the start of something very good
Pie
Great stuff, confidence will be high with him and the rest of the players.
He has the quality and potential however he was pretty poor in Pre-Season - yes we know pre-season counts for nowt, but when a player is stropping about looking like he doesn't want to be on the pitch, it doesn't fill you with confidence!!

As I said after Saturdays game, Curetons injury has given Byron a chance to prove he is here for a reason and why MY brought him here.
He's taken that chance with both hands and when Cureton is fit and pushing for a start, will it be Byron who is cruelly dropped?
Dave Beesley
The regular boo-boy who stands near me was giving Byron stick in the first half. After he scored, he turned his attention to Matt Richards and Russ Penn. Even claiming in more fruity language that Richards was useless, fat and can't pass for toffee.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Comedy Dave wrote:The regular boo-boy who stands near me was giving Byron stick in the first half. After he scored, he turned his attention to Matt Richards and Russ Penn. Even claiming in more fruity language that Richards was useless, fat and can't pass for toffee.
What a mug.
taxidave
Comedy Dave wrote:The regular boo-boy who stands near me was giving Byron stick in the first half. After he scored, he turned his attention to Matt Richards and Russ Penn. Even claiming in more fruity language that Richards was useless, fat and can't pass for toffee.
I must admit that he looked a little large when viewed side on but is still a great player and had a very good game last night.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
taxidave wrote:
I must admit that he looked a little large when viewed side on but is still a great player and had a very good game last night.
A little large, or actually fat? If he is fat, then god knows what some posters on here and fans in the ground class as.....
Shade
He's just well built.