Has the date been fixed ?

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

taxidave
Has there been an official announcement as to the date for our cup tie at West Ham, I presume it will be on Tuesday 27 August but I cannot find any notification of this on either the West Ham site or on ours.
cheltsaxon
Yes the club confirmed in on twitter and facebook.
everyman
taxidave wrote:Has there been an official announcement as to the date for our cup tie at West Ham, I presume it will be on Tuesday 27 August but I cannot find any notification of this on either the West Ham site or on ours.
Tues.27 , 7.45 k.o.
West Ham official site.
taxidave
cheltsaxon wrote:Yes the club confirmed in on twitter and facebook.
I don't read those silly social media sites, I want to see it on CTFC.com
51/84
agree with you TD
Insulting that they cannot be bothered to put it on the official site

Also where are the details for Chesterfield
All away games used to have details like postcode area ticket prices, previous history and updates of injuries etc.
Now they can only type 140 characters max ( I am lead to believe)

Not good enough
CS85
TD i know you dislike the social media sites,but if you have a mobile phone which you can download the twitter app simply just follow ctfc official,james brown and john palmer.
You will only get news off of these three,very handy indeed.
No need to worry about one direction or neil with pictures of his cats popping up on your news feed.
rasta
was on the site earlier, however tried to find article and could not access CTFC.com only got this

http://assets.virginmedia.com/site-blocked.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
THECHOIRBOY
taxidave wrote:
51/84 wrote:agree with you TD
Insulting that they cannot be bothered to put it on the official site

Also where are the details for Chesterfield
All away games used to have details like postcode area ticket prices, previous history and updates of injuries etc.
Now they can only type 140 characters max ( I am lead to believe)

Not good enough
Like it or not it's a way of the world now and most organisations (not just football clubs) will use Social Media as their initial way of interacting with their community. Yes, there is still a part to play for official websites but they will be much slower. One of hte reasons why is audience - CTFC has over 11,000 followers on Twitter so with one tweet can reach a far bigger audience, far quicker than a website.

All you have to do is bookmark the URL's below so just go to the CTFC Official one on twitter. I am not sure on the resistance!?

https://twitter.com/JPEchoRobins" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://twitter.com/CTFCofficial" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
C.V
I use twitter and you only have to follow who you want if you want up to date imformation.Its not as bad as some make out l dont bother following people that talk rubbish Jon Palmer or James Brown keep you up dated with everything that is going on at the club.Just follow those two people and you will always be in the loop with the team selections transfers and match facts,as for the official site dont bother total waste of time.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
What utter tosh Choirboy. This type of news should always be on the website. If they can put a tweet out, they can put a story on the site, even if just 140 characters.

It's bad enough that companies (not just CTFC but vital services like banking, phone bills or benefits information) make non-tech savvy pensioners, people in rural areas or people who can't afford much internet go on to their websites to do anything, let alone people like you saying it has to be done on Twitter only.
C.V
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:What utter tosh Choirboy. This type of news should always be on the website. If they can put a tweet out, they can put a story on the site, even if just 140 characters.

It's bad enough that companies (not just CTFC but vital services like banking, phone bills or benefits information) make non-tech savvy pensioners, people in rural areas or people who can't afford much internet go on to their websites to do anything, let alone people like you saying it has to be done on Twitter only.

Do you have a problem?? you seem to want to pick an argument with everyone.Have you ever consided an anger managment course.Some one post a reasonable excuse for social media and off you go.Get to a therapist quick you have a real problem pal.
THECHOIRBOY
C.V wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:What utter tosh Choirboy. This type of news should always be on the website. If they can put a tweet out, they can put a story on the site, even if just 140 characters.

Do you have a problem?? you seem to want to pick an argument with everyone.Have you ever consided an anger managment course.Some one post a reasonable excuse for social media and off you go.Get to a therapist quick you have a real problem pal.
RCS - At no point have I said I agree or disagree with it. You can have the opinion it is utter tosh, however, you will find companies use Twitter far more to announce things due to audience and speed. It will always follow on the website but currently Social Media happens first. Large supermarkets, car dealers etc have quite big teams constantly monitoring and updating Twitter and Facebook feeds - they dont have large teams 24/7 updating websites. (and yes I do know that from a technical perspective you can update a website in real time. I have no idea how the CTFC website works but you can bet your bottom dollar James Brown has the CTFC official account on his own phone which probably accounts for its speed of update!)

Anyway, main point of mine was actually for the less savvy that you dont need to use phones etc like people say. Just add it as a bookmark on your web browser so you can check on all updates there! You dont need to follow them or set up an account.
51/84
No CV RCS has a point , those that are out the loop are charged extra
Same with utilities best deals are for those that are not on the breadline
There is one product lets have one price
Similarly I am happy for the club to break news on twitter / Facebook but I certainly will not let them have my details
Bad enough with the pointless phonecalls about PPI etc
In this day and age where the hype is high some people just want a simple life
I can use all the social media but I object to companies especially the utilities etc penalizing the less fortunate , the elderly etc. If I become a second class customer to them , they will soon find that I am no longer their customer
The club need to remember all its clients and customers

anyway see you all at cheaterfield must fly
C.V
51/84 wrote:No CV RCS has a point , those that are out the loop are charged extra
Same with utilities best deals are for those that are not on the breadline
There is one product lets have one price
Similarly I am happy for the club to break news on twitter / Facebook but I certainly will not let them have my details
Bad enough with the pointless phonecalls about PPI etc
In this day and age where the hype is high some people just want a simple life
I can use all the social media but I object to companies especially the utilities etc penalizing the less fortunate , the elderly etc. If I become a second class customer to them , they will soon find that I am no longer their customer
The club need to remember all its clients and customers

anyway see you all at cheaterfield must fly

Deary deary me if people can complain on here about it they can easily sign up to twitter l really cant see the problem.As l said you only follow who you want l have 100 people l bother with l am not interested in what people are eating,drinking or there social lives just people that have a simmilar liking to me.
Ralph
If TD is savvy enough to find his way through the maze of train timetables, i'm sure he could sign up with a twitter account. He's just fishing as usual and look, he hooked a whole load of you :)

And TD, its on CTFC.com
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
C.V wrote:

I wasn't picking an argument - I was simply agreeing with TaxiDave. Maybe I shouldn't post on the same thread as TaxiDave, or any thread where there is more than one view, at all - I get slated if I disagree with a post and get slated of I agree with a post. It's actually impossible to agree with two contrasting opinions , so I do not know what you propose....!
cheltsaxon
taxidave wrote:
then tough titties!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
THECHOIRBOY wrote:
C.V wrote:

RCS - At no point have I said I agree or disagree with it. You can have the opinion it is utter tosh, however, you will find companies use Twitter far more to announce things due to audience and speed. It will always follow on the website but currently Social Media happens first. Large supermarkets, car dealers etc have quite big teams constantly monitoring and updating Twitter and Facebook feeds - they dont have large teams 24/7 updating websites. (and yes I do know that from a technical perspective you can update a website in real time. I have no idea how the CTFC website works but you can bet your bottom dollar James Brown has the CTFC official account on his own phone which probably accounts for its speed of update!)

Anyway, main point of mine was actually for the less savvy that you dont need to use phones etc like people say. Just add it as a bookmark on your web browser so you can check on all updates there! You dont need to follow them or set up an account.
Sorry Choirboy - didn't mean to accuse you personally, just rallying against the attitude of companies you were describing.
RTT
I think you will find that the club had problems with communications at the ground this week. So website updates could have been difficult whereas twitter/Facebook can be done via a smartphone.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
RTT wrote:I think you will find that the club had problems with communications at the ground this week. So website updates could have been difficult whereas twitter/Facebook can be done via a smartphone.
Thanks for letting us know. I follow the official twitter feed but did not see anything informing us of that.
taxidave
cheltsaxon wrote:
taxidave wrote:
then tough titties!
You really cannot beat a well thought out intelligent reply. :roll: