For those who cannot get radio glocs - chesterfield match th

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

vcinthestand
I will post here summaries of what appears to be happening
vcinthestand
same team as tuesday
substitutes: Roberts (GK), Inniss, Lowe, Jones, Taylor, Kotwica, Vincent.
vcinthestand
would have been there but on holiday from late this evening

saw D spencer score 2 ten years ago and we didnt win
vcinthestand
BBC glos on line are doing FGR game
vcinthestand
confirmed trying to sign Gilliespie but hasnt happened
vcinthestand
ruby shirts
vcinthestand
13 minutes gone chesterfield having the better of the play
vcinthestand
penn shot , keeper fumbles cleared
vcinthestand
24 gone on the back foot but Scotty not had a save to make
vcinthestand
mcglashan over the top header back post jombati deering 1 2 jombati cross
vcinthestand
chesterfield 1 CTFC 0 deflected shot
Admin
Site Administrator
VC - not sure if people are looking at these or not - also thisisglos are doing live updates - just not JP
Admin
Site Administrator
http://www.gloucestershireecho.co.uk/Ch ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
vcinthestand
commentators slaughtering sido and deering and not over keen on CBB either

thanks Admin could not find the echo up dates
I will desist
Alf
What happened to commentary on Radio Glos. Tuned in abroad, got all the pre match stuff giving the impression that there would be a full match commentary with Mark Halliwell et al from Chesterfield, next thing I know we are at the Lawn for FGR. What's all that about? They haven't eclipsed us already have they?
vcinthestand
They said online was FGR, I assume its a licensing thing , but I am sure that some one will know the correct answer
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Alf wrote:What happened to commentary on Radio Glos. Tuned in abroad, got all the pre match stuff giving the impression that there would be a full match commentary with Mark Halliwell et al from Chesterfield, next thing I know we are at the Lawn for FGR. What's all that about? They haven't eclipsed us already have they?
Were you on the BBC website, or Robins Player?

If the former, this gets asked every season several times and every season I ask for a sticky thread to address it.

Answer:

Local BBC Radio (such as BBC Radio Glos) do not have a licence or permission to broadcast Football League games nationally or globally. They can broadcast on their own radio station over the airwaves, which I imagine they did today, for anyone who lives in the area where you can pick up Radio Glos allowed to listen. They cannot broadcast any wider than that, so cannot broadcast on-line.

Usually, they have all the pre-match stuff on-line and it just stops with a message saying it cannot be broadcast due to licence reasons, and then comes on-line again by 5pm after the match has finished.

As for FGR I do not know so would be glad if someone can clarify - I can only assume the Football Conference has a different media broadcasting rights deal and the local BBC Stations are allowed to broadcast on-line (as they can some Cup games).

But, the simple answer is - the only way to listen to CTFC games on-line or outside the area covered by FM or AM radio is to subscribe to Robins Player.
Admin
Site Administrator
Were you on the BBC website, or Robins Player?

If the former, this gets asked every season several times and every season I ask for a sticky thread to address it.

Cant say I saw you ask for a sticky last season, but either way, why should we be the ones that have to inform people about it when it is on the BBC website anyway :) ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/england/feedback.shtml#football" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Alf
Thanks. I think that answers my question. I was tuned in to Radio Glos via 'Radio' app on line. I am wary of subscribing to Robins Player as there are complaints on here and on JP's match comments in Echo about it not working.
Robin
vcinthestand wrote:commentators slaughtering sido and deering and not over keen on CBB either

thanks Admin could not find the echo up dates
I will desist
CBB our best player on the day! Harsh on Sido as he was constantly up against two men in the first half until Jermaine moved over to help him.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Alf wrote:Thanks. I think that answers my question. I was tuned in to Radio Glos via 'Radio' app on line. I am wary of subscribing to Robins Player as there are complaints on here and on JP's match comments in Echo about it not working.
Yup. No Football League games will be broadcast on the Radio app.
Admin
Site Administrator
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Yup. No Football League games will be broadcast on the Radio app.

Not actually 100% true. There has been a time or two where it has occurred because someone forgot to switch a switch or something :) so you could always live in hope that they forget again in future.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Sorry Alf....

*intentionally broadcast.