Training Ground Friendly

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

JamesBrown
Hello all,

Just a note to say we have a friendly at the training ground at 2pm on Tuesday versus Torquay United. All welcome but, as usual, we must remind you there are no catering or toilet facilities for spectators.

Hope to see a few of you there. Link for the article below...

http://www.ctfc.com/news/article/torqua ... 84876.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

James
51/84
would be good to see our new striker
mattyboi
Looks like it will be a very youthful reserve side.
51/84
matty
I expect to see Lowe Innis and Jones plus 1 at the back

Taylor Hanks Vincent Williams in midfield

our new striker and possible Zak up front
taxidave
51/84 wrote:matty
And it is the sort of fixture that Connor Roberts could play in :!:
Alf
No toilet or catering facilities for spectators? That's very poor. Been up to watch the kids on Saturday morning. A load of parents etc gagging for a cuppa and a sandwich. Nothing. Not very ambitious.
ctfc-fan
Alf wrote:No toilet or catering facilities for spectators? That's very poor. Been up to watch the kids on Saturday morning. A load of parents etc gagging for a cuppa and a sandwich. Nothing. Not very ambitious.
Get real.
taxidave
I would have thought that the club could contact the proprietor of a burger van and get them to come to Seasons on occasions like this, not so sure about the toilets though, but no doubt that will be sorted out when the club take over the facilities.
51/84
I am sure there are plenty of trees down the footpaths and there is always Sainsbury just down the road
taxidave
I am sure that when the club originally announced the pre season training open day at Seasons they said there would be a bar, so there would have had to be toilets available then.
ctfc-fan
No fast food caterer is going to risk going to an event where they may only be 20 or so people (to buy from them), especially if they already have a good spot on a highway.

With gas, food and wages they'd have to have a decent turnover of food/drink to make it viable.

What gets me is that people have been informed and invited to a friendly match and now have to find something else to moan about. The club will never satisfy people. And yet some people on here ask why others feel the need to eat or drink at a first team match...
everyman
Alf wrote:No toilet or catering facilities for spectators? That's very poor. Been up to watch the kids on Saturday morning. A load of parents etc gagging for a cuppa and a sandwich. Nothing. Not very ambitious.
Remember the incident when items of value were stolen from the changing room at seasons,and you wonder why the facility is not left open ?
51/84
ctfc-fan I assume you have not attended any of the youth matches
The visiting teams turn up early and the parents etc are looking for somewhere
Then the parents and siblings turn up so easily 200 people
The car park is rammed and most cars have 2 or 3 people minimum
On a Sunday morning unless the burger van is doing a car boot this is a captive audience
The sat youth matches and reserve matches are less well attended with the reserve / friendlies probably not mustering 40
everyman
taxidave wrote:
51/84 wrote:matty
And it is the sort of fixture that Connor Roberts could play in :!:
Except that he is with the welsh u21 squad in Bangor !
Ralph
ctfc-fan wrote:
What gets me is that people have been informed and invited to a friendly match and now have to find something else to moan about. The club will never satisfy people. And yet some people on here ask why others feel the need to eat or drink at a first team match...
Exactly! It was a nice little extra bit of value the club were offering their supporters.

Hey Alf, no ones forcing you to go.. just stay at home
Alf
Judging by the comments none of you have watched the games on a Saturday morning. I am not the only person there who has commented on this.
Also leaving a toilet open doesn't necessarily mean you have to leave all the changing facilities open
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Alf: http://www.thermos.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(can always 'refill' it when empty if you can't hold on til you're home)