Billy Jones wants a loan move

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Hubert Parry
Do we have an unhappy camp at the moment?
Shade
Next someone will be saying Russ Penn will be wanting a loan move. Where have you plucked this one from?
Hubert Parry
Jon Palmer
DingDing
Yes, JP says Mark Yates has confirmed Jones wants to go out on loan...

Did nobody else find it strange that he didn't even make the squad on the opening day?

I didn't see anywhere that he was injured or anything.

Can't imagine that he just doesn't feel he can handle some competition from a left back brought in from non-league after his assists last season created most of our goals, so either Yates has said he's going down a different route or something else has happened.
Malabus
This doesnt look good. Looking like we might have a split camp, this is serious.
Taz1985
Let's all be serious for a minute, we all know that when a player has a good season with us they are frozen out the next under MY.

First Darryl Duffy now Billy Jones.

I even said to mates at the start of the season that Billy would be the one frozen out this season, and all because MY wanted to bring in a hoof and hope LB from non-league
mattyboi
Players might want to go on loan, so what, doesn't mean its going to happen. Jones and Taylor want to play football, which pro doesn't want to play. Yates has the final say, i cant see it happening!
horlickfanclub
At the age they are Taylor and Jones need football and probably agents are touting them to clubs nearer there natural home base. After last season when lack of pace and mobility cost us dear against some clubs i think Mr Yates has decided a different style of play is needed.I like the effort of Taylor and Jones but believe we need to get,quicker better passers.We would not miss either of them. A permanent ship out would be better .
Braham Bowen is showing more than hoofball and will do a job. I would bring back Rees if he is available plus one more.Richards can cover left back.
Hubert Parry
One comment from pre-season that has been etched in my mind was from Richards who claimed that the key to promotion is for the squad to stick together even when times are difficult. Pretty sure that Harrison was probably feeling the same way as BJ and JT yet when his chance came, he took it.
tommy24
Not sure why think that Taz... Jones obviously has a wickedly good delivery, but that's literally it! Time and again he was poor defensively last year and he doesn't offer much in open play either. CBB has really kicked on and has been far more impressive in defense and attack (set-pieces aside!) than Jones was last year IMHO. :o
Shade
What these "pro's" have don't seem to realise is that they need to step their game up. Either that, or they believe they're not good enough to dislodge current members of the team and would rather play for a lesser team than try and fight for a place in ours.

Taz - Jones has not been frozen out "because MY wanted to bring in a hoof and hope LB from non-league". Braham-Barrett may not get the assists Jones did but he's faster, stronger, doesn't get beaten as easily and he doesn't just hoof it forward, as he likes to bomb on forward. And Richards should hopefully replace the assists that Jones had last year. IF Jones doesn't fight back into the team.

Anyway, I'm sure MY will sort it out.
Robin
With a squad of 21 we cannot allow any players out on loan unless we have replacements.
Uppy
He is a great backup, but that's what he is at the moment. I prefer CBB and we saw Sido left back at times last season too.
Taz1985
No I am not on a wind up with regards to CBB. He may like to bomb forward but that is after he has hoofed it 40 yards to no one in particular.

Hoofing is also what our back up RB/CB Keith does.

CBB has a lot to do to convince me he is worth a starting place in our team.
trickster
Does anyone else get the feeling with MY you are either in or out, Duffy, Harrad maybe Taylor and now Jones, do the fringe players feel part of the squad ? what concerns me is that fringe players should be fighting to get in the team not trying to get away.
RTT
Are we just reading a lot too much into these loan requests. We have two professionals who have done pre-season but no competitive games and very few reserve games. They may just believe that getting some real football, and get 'match fit' that it may help them and the team. There has nothing been said that they want away permanently.
Benctfc
Its obvious Yates has said unless an injury to CBB Jones wont play this season. What's wrong with him wanting to go and get some match time? Every footballer needs to be playing football. Also people who go on about fighting for your place we know Yates has his favourites you cant fight for your place unless your actually playing.
51/84
so which of these 11 is the reason
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23703265" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
we have already seen rumours refuted and MY says hes diappointed in the players see todays interview

Well the problem is getting them off our books
So we are down two experienced professionals because they want away followed by 2 who are injured
How ling before Keith throws a wobbler
RED ROB
I agree with Robin, squads small enough without losing two more experienced pro's.
Surprised if it happens unless MY has something else up his sleeve.
51/84
If they dont want to stay and play for their place then get rid

Having watched the match v Torquay on Tuesday neither Jones nor Taylor were so impressive that MY would have to wonder if they should start
If I was MY I would be worried about bring either on
CTFC03
We can't afford to get rid of either, the squad is so thin that one injury to either Penn or Richards means Taylor should walk in to CM, likewise for Jones to Barrett.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
trickster wrote:Does anyone else get the feeling with MY you are either in or out, Duffy, Harrad maybe Taylor and now Jones, do the fringe players feel part of the squad ? what concerns me is that fringe players should be fighting to get in the team not trying to get away.
I got that feeling with Duffy and Harrad for sure. As for fighting for their places, after quite a few weeks of fighting and still being cold-shoulder with no hint of game time then can you blame them for wanting to away?

When a proven striker is chomping at the bit and states 'play me and I will score' then promptly scores when played you have to wonder what more they can do.
51/84
part of the problem is there are few reserve games to keep up fitness and also to show the manager
It is then up to the players to show they want and deserve a place and when they get the chance seize it

As stated before neither Jones or Taylor did anything special on tuesday