Catering This Weekend.

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

JamesBrown
Morning all,

Hancox Catering have informed us that due to staff shortages this weekend, they will only be opening one kiosk in the In2Print Stand this weekend.

http://www.ctfc.com/news/article/hancox ... 95274.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The club have an agreement with Hancox Catering that two kiosks must be open on a matchday in the In2Print Stand and this will be rectified for the next match. We apologise for the inconvenience.

James.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Running-Truck-D ... or+dummies" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
51/84
Lets improve the match day experience and 2nd home league match they let us down

Did this match take them by surprise
I have my level 1 catering certificate so that probably puts me ahead of most of the hancox staff
Plenty of catering students at the GC , why dont they employ someone else

It does not really matter our chairman has agreed a new contract
Joke
Ralph
if Hancox have an agreement to open 2 kiosks but they only open one, whats the penalty to them?
Malabus
Maybe this is a clever idea, but why dont some of you eat some healthy lunch at home before the game. Just a thought.
51/84
can we apply the 3 strikes and your out , thats 1
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:if Hancox have an agreement to open 2 kiosks but they only open one, whats the penalty to them?
Same as if Gloucester have an agreement to pay rent but don't I imagine (i.e. not much of one)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:Maybe this is a clever idea, but why dont some of you eat some healthy lunch at home before the game. Just a thought.
All I want is a coffee or tea.
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Malabus wrote:Maybe this is a clever idea, but why dont some of you eat some healthy lunch at home before the game. Just a thought.

Thermos. Get 3L ones these days.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:

Thermos. Get 3L ones these days.
If I'm out in town at work or lunch all morning and early afternoon, or making a 4 hour train journey, then carrying a 3 litre thermos all day is not ideal.

If the club rather I spent the money on the way to the ground at a different retailer then fine.
JamesBrown
Hi guys,

Update for you.

After discussions with Hancox, they have now agreed to open both kiosks but the one will only serve drinks, snacks etc. This will mean that one kiosk will serve hot food whilst the other kiosk for chocolate, crisps, hot/cold drinks etc.

We apologise for the inconvenience but hopefully this will make things slightly better on the day, especially for those who just fancy a cuppa at half time!

The website article will update shortly.

Thank you,

James
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
JamesBrown wrote:Hi guys,

Update for you.

After discussions with Hancox, they have now agreed to open both kiosks but the one will only serve drinks, snacks etc. This will mean that one kiosk will serve hot food whilst the other kiosk for chocolate, crisps, hot/cold drinks etc.

We apologise for the inconvenience but hopefully this will make things slightly better on the day, especially for those who just fancy a cuppa at half time!

The website article will update shortly.

Thank you,

James
Good stuff James - Hancox may find that works well, with quick turnover at the drinks only kiosk, and less chance of over-ordering and over-preparing food.

What drinks is the club bar in the In2P selling this season?
Judge_Dreddful
All they need to do now is invest in a calculator and they are sorted.
Admin
Site Administrator
A suggestion. I notice quite a few people only want cold drinks, water, coke etc. could we install drinks vending machines alongside the Pringles vending machines or something like that. Money in, press button, drink out, gone. Also spreading out queues.

Hancock can fill them up at start of each match day. Or at the end of each match day when emptying the cash, so it's ready and nice and cold for the next match.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Admin wrote:A suggestion. I notice quite a few people only want cold drinks, water, coke etc. could we install drinks vending machines alongside the Pringles vending machines or something like that. Money in, press button, drink out, gone. Also spreading out queues.

Hancock can fill them up at start of each match day. Or at the end of each match day when emptying the cash, so it's ready and nice and cold for the next match.
What a great call.
JamesBrown
Admin wrote:A suggestion. I notice quite a few people only want cold drinks, water, coke etc. could we install drinks vending machines alongside the Pringles vending machines or something like that. Money in, press button, drink out, gone. Also spreading out queues.

It's a good idea and it's something I will put it forward to see if anything like that is possible.

Again, thank you for patience and understanding.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Club bar in In2P is always good if you want to get a soft drink (when available) with less queuing.
Uppy
Will each kiosk be labelled?

I don't want to have to dart about between them/find out I'm in the wrong queue.
51/84
well someone from Hancocks must read this site
Shade
Uppy wrote:Will each kiosk be labelled?

I don't want to have to dart about between them/find out I'm in the wrong queue.
They've done it in the past, and the drinks one has been at the one at the Whaddon/Wymans Rd end of the stand, with the one nearest the main turnstyles being food.
JamesBrown
Okay further update.

Hancox have now told us that both kiosks will be fully functional and they have solved their staff shortage.

We would advise fans to use both kiosks to ensure queues don't build up on one whilst the other remains less busy. Thanks for your patience and thankfully the situation is now resolved!

James
51/84
gosh fan power
Uppy
Next on the agenda:

Ostrich burgers!
taxidave
I assume that this means that Argyle only have the away end tomorrow and not part of the In2print as well, so no more than 1000 from Plymouth.
Perhaps the cost of tickets has put some of them off travelling ! :!:
Ralph
JamesBrown wrote:

It's a good idea and it's something I will put it forward to see if anything like that is possible.

Again, thank you for patience and understanding.
Its Hancox.. it wont be possible.. The best thing for the catering at CTFC is to get rid of Hancox...
C.V
Glad l am still only a young whipper snapper and still able to stand and watch football us young uns wont be affected by this shambles.
51/84
ralph when did you last try the catering outlets
The reason I ask is that the directors/sponsors food is OK but not better than than good pub grub
I understand the curry night was good but they ran out of food but the outlets are poor and over priced but apparently , things are going to improve this season we shall see starting with pasties tomorrow
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Hospitality is good, and the £10 pre-match meals are good.

The quality of the catering in the In2P is not the issue for me - chips are chips and nice enough, and I have no interest in a 'beef' burger or pies, but friends and family say they are no worse than anywhere else and decent enough.

My only gripe is the service and attitude to customers - before they were made to open both kiosks the queues really were awful, and if people like me hadn't decided to give up they would have been even bigger. On a very hot or cold day, cold or hot drinks can be very important.

It just seemed insanity that there were groups of people wanting to spend money on refreshments in the stadium but were physically unable to do so without missing some of the match. Ultimately I suppose it's because Hancox already knew what they were paying the club so weren't fussed to make the effort for a bit of extra income. Lazy without a care for the customer experience.

I'm sure if the club ran it all and every penny spent was vital to our playing budget then they'd encourage people to spend more money rather than putting them off spending anything at all.
Last edited by RegencyCheltenhamSpa on 16 Aug 2013, 14:57, edited 1 time in total.
Ralph
51/84 wrote:ralph when did you last try the catering outlets
about 9 years ago.. and your point is? :lol:
everyman
JamesBrown wrote:Morning all,

Hancox Catering have informed us that due to staff shortages this weekend, they will only be opening one kiosk in the In2Print Stand this weekend.

http://www.ctfc.com/news/article/hancox ... 95274.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The club have an agreement with Hancox Catering that two kiosks must be open on a matchday in the In2Print Stand and this will be rectified for the next match. We apologise for the inconvenience.

James.
You could if desperate take advantage of the pastie&chips offer,only £12.50 ???
Ralph
everyman wrote:
JamesBrown wrote:Morning all,

James.
You could if desperate take advantage of the pastie&chips offer,only £12.50 ???
Don't forget the tinned peas
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I do love a mushy pea.
C.V
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:I do love a mushy pea.

Me to but only with Faggots
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Chips and mushy peas is my chip shop staple.