well done Bobbie Dale

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

51/84
http://www.ctfc.com/news/article/bobbie ... 96202.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good news for Bobbie
can someone advise what practicle difference does a squad number make other than fill a number and slot on the programme
It obviously recognizes progress by the player but will we see him have time on the pitch
Does it mean training with the 1st squad full time
hEaLeR
Extra costs for the club.

Player registration
Player kit etc...

The promising youth lads often train with the first team. That's how Ed Williams and Joe Hanks impressed MY in order for them to be given a pro contract.
Shade
Yes, at our level it's all about extra cost giving a youth player a number, unlike if you're at Chelsea and you can just be given the number 50 shirt, or similar. Obviously he'll only be back up just in case we get more injuries but if we storm ahead this afternoon then he might get a chance to impress further, like Zack has.
taxidave
After watching him on Tuesday, in the friendly against Torquay, I would prefer to see him get some game time ahead of AV.