Yates

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

IYWT
Has 3 games to turn this abysmal start around. Changes needed at Accrington
Robin
Unacceptable, a lot of frustration building. He has the players so get the team right!!
THECHOIRBOY
Robin wrote:He has the players
I am not sure he does when Kotwica is coming on as a sub in the 55th minute and then we end the game with Vincent and Dale up front!!
trickster
It’s a disappointing start but it’s still very early days yet to make any kind of assumption, he needs to take the gloves off now and knock them into shape.
Uppy
Don't think he did anything wrong today in terms of selection or substitutions.
Circa 1887
Uppy wrote:Don't think he did anything wrong today in terms of selection or substitutions.
Starting 11 - no, but there was a lack of cohesion and basic organisation. Yates is not getting the best out of the tools at his disposal, nor did he last season.
CTFC03
Changes should have been made at 3-0 not at gone 55 minutes, same old sh!t from a sh!t manager.
IYWT
Uppy wrote:Don't think he did anything wrong today in terms of selection or substitutions.
We lost 3-1 :lol:
51/84
I also dont think he has the players
what midfielder had he to bring on
Taylor - unlikely if he wants away
so the midfield picks itself
Where was the passion or the passing
Players standing still and passes 10yds short

2 injured / 2 wanting away, AV yet to do anything and 4 youth players
Yates said no one can be sure of their place, a few more like that and Yates will have to start looking over his shoulder as well
Uppy
IYWT wrote:
We lost 3-1 :lol:
I know. What changes would you have made that would have meant we won? It was the right team, but they just weren't good enough.
Alf
Don't just blame the players, they can't all be bad.
Robin
Highest average wage of any CTFC manager four successive seasons of the players letting him down, how can people not realise Yates needs to shoulder some of the blame for poor performances?
Horteng
Robin wrote:Highest average wage of any CTFC manager four successive seasons of the players letting him down, how can people not realise Yates needs to shoulder some of the blame for poor performances?
Agreed
IYWT
When we lost at Wembley I can still hear Yates saying ' I don't want my players to be disappointed, we will get promoted next year'.

An this makes me think, incongruously, of the final passages of Fitzgerald's 'The Great Gatsby', of the dream that was so close that Gatsby could hardly fail to grasp it. Like Gatsby, what Yates didn't realise was that the dream was already behind him: the pinnacle of his career managing Cheltenham had been reached that very hour.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
CTFC03 wrote:Changes should have been made at 3-0 not at gone 55 minutes, same old sh!t from a sh!t manager.
Very harsh and a very OTT comment in my view.
IYWT
CBB
Jombati
T.Brown
Deering
McGlashan
Harrison
Vincent
The above are not good enough.

Taylor, Lowe, Innis, Kotwic and Jones HAVE to start next week, whatever issues Yates may have with at least two of them.
robinsrule
First home defeat in 22 games guys! There are plenty of teams which have got off to worse starts than us but have gone on to be promoted.
51/84
robinsrule wrote:First home defeat in 22 games guys! There are plenty of teams which have got off to worse starts than us but have gone on to be promoted.
sorry to be so negative - wrong we lost against Northampton home and away in the playoffs or didnt that count

It was the manner of the defeat

Playoff finals hangover
C.V
Does make you wonder what he learnt on his Jolly in Turkey.Perhaps his time would have been better spent assembling a team that can compete in this league.There are big problems in the club players wanting away and all we have left are youngsters to fill the gaps.Seems like a revolving door all of a sudden l have seen three games with three different kit men sat on the bench.
Fuller
Yes who was that kit man yesterday dishing out the water bottles ? (not Steve Smith.)

Worst start to a league season since 2003/04 by the way.
TheRaven
IYWT wrote:When we lost at Wembley I can still hear Yates saying ' I don't want my players to be disappointed, we will get promoted next year'.

An this makes me think, incongruously, of the final passages of Fitzgerald's 'The Great Gatsby', of the dream that was so close that Gatsby could hardly fail to grasp it. Like Gatsby, what Yates didn't realise was that the dream was already behind him: the pinnacle of his career managing Cheltenham had been reached that very hour.
An excellent simile; I hope it is not the case.
Joey
I'd like to think once we get our first win then that will provide some confidence and give an all round boost. Consider this our seasons worth of bad-form, something I'd rather have at the start of the season and not the end.

Now is not the time to be giving the manager grief.
Robin
IYWT wrote:CBB
Jombati
T.Brown
Deering
McGlashan
Harrison
Vincent
The above are not good enough.

Taylor, Lowe, Innis, Kotwic and Jones HAVE to start next week, whatever issues Yates may have with at least two of them.
Good enough for promotion or good enough for league two? You could argue McGlashan, Brown and Jombati are all good enough as I am sure there are plenty of clubs in league one willing to take them.
51/84
just like Mo