What are cheltenham away like?

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

CTFC_Cheltenham
I am considering going to more away games and want to know how many fans they usually take and how much the coach will cost.
Thanks
Robin
Normally around 250 fans with around 800 for the closer games.
CTFC_Cheltenham
ok thanks, how much does the coach usually cost to get there?
goalpost
CTFC_Cheltenham wrote:ok thanks, how much does the coach usually cost to get there?
Surely you must realise, that it all depends on where you are travelling too.
taxidave
Why don't you go to Accrington and then West Ham and then you will experience the highs and lows of Cheltenham's attendances at away games.
We will probably take one coach to Stanley but have already filled 10 coaches for Upton Park.
CTFC_Cheltenham
ok thanks, anybody know how much it is to get to the accrington game?
Thanks
Malabus
taxidave wrote:but have already filled 10 coaches for Upton Park.

Really... :o
Uppy
Better than Morecambe.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompe ... -1-5387807" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ralph
4? :lol:
Chelt Luke in Glos
There were many more there though
Benctfc
Anyone know how many tickets we've sold for West Ham?
CS85
Heard some one say it was 600 as of saturday,could be bull though.
asl
600 would roughly tally with TD's statement that we've sold ten coaches (not everyone will be going on the coaches...like me, for example...)
Powelly
Not that my workings out really matter.
But if we have sold 10 coaches, 2 of which are often double deckers that would equal just over 550. Would expect more than 50 to have other means of transport.
C.V
I think we will have 800 my self we have a lot of fans in the London area and fans come from down south as well.The coaches we have sold are mainly to the Chelt/Glos based fans.
leohoenig
i think we had sold 759 at close of play on Saturday.
C.V
better up my estimate to 900 then :P
Admin
Site Administrator
Plus telephone sales only started Monday so some weren't able to buy until then (like me, 3 tickets purchased.)

:)
Robin
I am expecting around 1000 to make the trip and still haven't bought my tickets yet.
Benctfc
shocking effort really when you consider Rovers brought 1,500 to us for a L2 game on a Tuesday night.
Robin
That is a game an hour up the road, this is the league cup at a game almost three hours travel away.

Remember we only managed 1500 up at the Hawthorns and that is the closest/easiest league ground to reach.
taxidave
Benctfc wrote:shocking effort really when you consider Rovers brought 1,500 to us for a L2 game on a Tuesday night.
But Bristol is less than an hour away so most fans could travel up after a days work and even get back home at a reasonable hour whereas those fans who want to go to West Ham will have to take at least an afternoon off work and wont get back home until the early hours of Wednesday morning.
It would be unfair to complain about our fans not turning up in such numbers as not everyone has such obliging employers.
Benctfc
Ok but if Rovers play West Ham away they would easily take 2k what im trying to say is im surprised were not taking more.
taxidave
Benctfc wrote:Ok but if Rovers play West Ham away they would easily take 2k what im trying to say is im surprised were not taking more.
On what basis are you making that statement.
Benctfc
Because they're a big club
Joey
It's a Tuesday night, unlike Bristol Rover fans, most of us have jobs.
taxidave
Benctfc wrote:Because they're a big club
Well if they are a big club it should be no surprise to you that they will have a bigger fan base than "little old Cheltenham" and take more to away games than we do, so why bother to make your very obvious statement ! :!:
Benctfc
Well imagine how c!#p this forum would if everyone made statements like you taxi dave.
robinsrule
If we get thrashed then those who stayed away won't mind. But if we win there'll be a lot of regretful Robins fans. It is "only" the League Cup in a lot of peoples' eyes and we're still a few rounds from Wembley after all :-)
taxidave
Benctfc wrote:Well imagine how c!#p this forum would if everyone made statements like you taxi dave.
At least my statements make sense which is more than can be said for the above, or did you deliberately miss out a word just to confuse me.
Benctfc
taxidave wrote:
Benctfc wrote:Well imagine how c!#p this forum would if everyone made statements like you taxi dave.
At least my statements make sense which is more than can be said for the above, or did you deliberately miss out a word just to confuse me.
It's pretty obvious what was meant! Doesn't help when your phone misses out words when i type.
taxidave
Benctfc wrote:
taxidave wrote:
It's pretty obvious what was meant! Doesn't help when your phone misses out words when i type.
Why don't you just wait until you get home and then use your pc/laptop, I am sure we can all put up with the added suspense of waiting for your next important message.
RTT
taxidave wrote: Why don't you just wait until you get home and then use your pc/laptop, I am sure we can all put up with the added suspense of waiting for your next important message.
It is not the device it is the user. I have been guilty of missing out a word or two but do not blame the device it is just me being lazy and not checking what I have entered.
51/84
having been accused often of missing out words/mispelling etc and being found guilty, I can assure you RTT that on small screens and tablets etc it is easy to mistype or have indicative text correction change what you thought you have written
I have a kindle fire that is particularly prone to altering things
Often when reading things on it that I have typed , it is not what I wrote.
So add to that not wearing my glasses when typing. a touch of dyslexia especially when tired, small screens etc it is a recipe for errors which people will point out
I think what annoys people is the correcting or commenting on post when it is perfectly obvious what is meant
As far as tickets and coach travel
I got my tickets last week but now need to get coach travel as I will be joined at the ground by the other 3 as we are all doing different things