be careful

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Cinderford robin
What you wish for. Head some fans saying get Yates out after the game, yes we are all p off but if you think the answer is getting rid of Yates then people need there head looking at. I remember Charlton fans wanting curbishley out after guiding them to 8th in the prem, he walked and the rest is history. We are not a big club! and have no given right to do well in this league!, clubs like Plymouth shouldn't even be in this division. for me a top half pushing for the play offs should be our aim for a club the size of ours so let's not force a manager out who has been good for us.
Robin
Yates is underachieving, question is can we get better? I'd give him time myself but he has obvious faults which will never see him manage in the upper echeloens.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
It depends on your view - if you think Yates is doing a decent job with an average squad then that's different from those who think we have a top 3 squad and are doing poorly.
RED ROB
I think anyone placing judgement on MY is very premature. Three games gone and plenty to go.
I wasn't happy with what was dished up today but it happens.
We changed our staff over the close season and everybody else did too.
No one knows the strength of every other club so lets get on and see what happens.
Two playoff years mean nothing.
Alf
These are the same posts we have been seeing for the past three seasons and no doubt will see for the next three.
Oldun
I recall Mr Halliwell saying exactly this last season. The simple truth is that as with the last two seasons, we are not good enough to be amongst the top 2 or 3 in this league. Last year we had a good squad with match winners on the bench who were not given their chance. This season we have several good forwards, (two injured unfortunately), one new good mid fielder, an excellent keeper, and the rest are not good enough. The wage bill is higher we are told, but where are the results? Bringing back Lowe and Jones is a retrograde step. Jones was definitely not good enough last season, why will he suddenly be good enough now?. What we wish for is a manager who can deliver a promotion! Getting a new manager works sometimes! Gillingham and Rotherham showed that last season.